Demonland

Demonland New Member Meet and Greet

Recently started posting, 50 years of following Dees, some dark times, Geelong 186, GF's in 88 & 2000 fortunately went into the bar at half time for both, all of the early 80's! Thank God for Robbie on the wing and when big Carl knocked out 5 of the Filth (apologies for reminiscing as totally inappropriate in this day & age re concussion!). Occasional joy 87 finals with exception of Jimmy's transgression.

Demonland makes me laugh out loud occasionally, so good for the soul, Ethan T is one particularly sick puppy, but in a good way.

Can see a Japanese link in Demonland whenever we lose.

Mutual hatred of umpires in particular razor ray and personally there is a blond haired twerp who is a shocker. Plus special mention for the three blind mice who umpired the North vs Melb game at the G earlier this year.

Anyway as you can see 50 years of The Dees does leave some mental Demons! But not tomorrow, we march into the finals, and hope for four great lucky weeks.

Making & winning one final would be great!

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, GoD's67 said:

Recently started posting, 50 years of following Dees, some dark times, Geelong 186, GF's in 88 & 2000 fortunately went into the bar at half time for both, all of the early 80's! Thank God for Robbie on the wing and when big Carl knocked out 5 of the Filth (apologies for reminiscing as totally inappropriate in this day & age re concussion!). Occasional joy 87 finals with exception of Jimmy's transgression.

Demonland makes me laugh out loud occasionally, so good for the soul, Ethan T is one particularly sick puppy, but in a good way.

Mutual hatred of umpires in particular razor ray and personally there is a blond haired twerp who is a shocker. Plus special mention for the three blind mice who umpired the North vs Melb game at the G earlier this year.

Anyway as you can see 50 years of The Dees does leave some mental Demons! But not tomorrow, we march into the finals, and hope for four great lucky weeks.

Welcome to the Asylum. Still waiting for a cure. They say it looks like this:

7599.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoD's67 said:

You got the first part right Go

But ...... FMD ... he's a faeces thrower!!!

On 23/08/2017 at 2:33 PM, Stretch Johnson said:

All the best and pm me for account details to deposit your membership fees.

This was just a joke,  thanks to those who PMd  me. 

I am however a wealthy Nigerian prince who currently finds himself in a bit of a situation.  

I need a bit of help and will be able to make it well worth your while. 

• Like 1

On 24/08/2017 at 10:18 AM, Lucifer's Hero said:

Welcome aboard!

There is a Queensland Demons Supporter Group on mfc website. 

Queensland:  QLD Demons - Debbie Willder - 0410 424 402 - [email protected] - Facebook

They may have a regular spot to watch games - worth a try as its always better to watch games with fellow Dee supporters!

I recently went to the LeighOak (in Oakleigh, Melbourne) with a mate to watch the Dees v Norf game. It was actually an old haunt of our cricket club from days gone by, so a very very familiar place. Been there a coupla times in recent years to watch the footy and found it ok.

But on this occasion, they had rearranged all the chairs in serious rows in front of 2 tv's, and all the viewers were of a certain age - or well and truly older - and seated quietly watching the game.  Seriously, it was like walking into a church full of pensioners. I expected a collection plate to be passed around. It was so stifling.

At half time we left and went to the Forresters Arms up the road. Found a much better atmosphere and more animated crowd there.  I still hated the result,  but enjoyed the atmosphere much better than at the LeighOak.

So I say go where you enjoy the experience most. 

On 25/08/2017 at 5:47 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

You got the first part right Go

But ...... FMD ... he's a faeces thrower!!!

It's all natural and very therapeutic. Once you've gone whack you'll never go back...as they say. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It's all natural and very therapeutic. Once you've gone whack you'll never go back...as they say. 

But is it eco-friendly Ethan?

We should have a Wake...meet and greet lol

10 hours ago, beelzebub said:

We should have a Wake...meet and greet lol

Meet and Weep perhaps??

Were you being prophetic?

• Haha 1

IT'S A TRAP.

Go Dees!!

I would just like to say to the New Members that there are, if you search between the lines, some little snippets that are some benefit to the younger generation on their journey through the minefield that is D'land.

But it isn't all in fun except for perhaps 90%......

On 8/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

You must have been on drugs Col.

Re the pub. Biffen is currently persona non grata  at most inner urban public houses so most of his boozing is conducted in more remote locales.

Timbuctoo, I hear...