• Demonland Interviews

dazzledavey36

The Josh Kelly Thread

On 8/25/2017 at 11:37 AM, Dee Dubya said:

Reliable source says that Motlop has spoken to Melbourne, Adelaide and one other unknown Melbourne club. Source thinks Adelaide are preferred.

Adelaide good. The further the west he goes, the better I think.  As far from us as possible.

• Like 2

On 14/09/2017 at 9:19 AM, Redleg said:

And Pendles, Gaff, Prestia and Shuey, just to name a few, were Demon supporters. 

It means nothing.

Not that i'm a footballer, but as a fan, it doesn't exclude the possibility that the melbourne demons or any club you go for an interview with that you supported growing up, might be full of a bit of a [censored] atmosphere and the coach doesn't sound like he knows that much in comparison with others you've interviewed for. Personal fit etc

Edited by Deeprived Childhood

On 14/09/2017 at 11:18 AM, Demonland said:

Next headline: North Melbourne the front runner for *INSERT PLAYERS NAME HERE*

After tonight's game they'll offer Motlop 800k per year.

Close this thread and re-open it in 2 years when he becomes a free agent :D

• Like 2

What would need to occur (or what is the chance) of prising J Kelly away from GWS this trade period?

6 minutes ago, Danelska said:

What would need to occur (or what is the chance) of prising J Kelly away from GWS this trade period?

GWS would probably ask for Gawn, Oliver, Hogan, T. McDonald, Brayshaw and Petracca in return.

• Like 2

Yeah, you're right @Clint Bizkit.

I'm thinking in terms of this shift towards 'pre-agency' from clubs... 

He's one year off becoming a free agent (am I wrong on this?), andGWS may want to maximise their return...this year instead.

Edited by Danelska

7 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

GWS would probably ask for Gawn, Oliver, Hogan, T. McDonald, Brayshaw and Petracca in return.

hardly, just hogan would get it done

(but don''t do  it, mfc)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Yeah, you're right @Clint Bizkit.

I'm thinking in terms of this shift towards 'pre-agency' from clubs... 

He's one year off becoming a free agent (am I wrong on this?), andGWS may want to maximise their return...this year instead.

He was drafted in 2013 so next year is his 6th year so he's not an FA until 2021.  He is out of contract next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure we wouldn't be the only ones to offer him a contract...

Edited by A F

It would be tempting to move Hogan on for Freo's 2018 and 2019 first round pick. Then use that 2019 pick (along with our 2019 pick) to make a play at Kelly at the end of next year, unless, he is a free agent. Kelly is exactly what we need. He is the missing piece. 

Today shows we are still way off it.   Kelly must be priority #1 !

22 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Today shows we are still way off it.   Kelly must be priority #1 !

You know I don’t think it does, we have shown all year we play a style that stacks up, we just had a nightmare of a day. 

In saying that I agree that kelly should be a target 

• Like 1

GWS are presumably in the same boat with Kelly as we are with Hogan.

Trade/resign him this year or he can leave next year (2019) in return for  a desultory draft pick.

Makes one wonder about the possibilities except that a straight trade would not be of interest to GWS given the talls they already have.

GWS ain't gonna trade Kelly this season. They're doing everything possible right now to free up cap space to try and keep him at the club. I still think we are the top of the list right now. North are paying everybody a million backs and will surely be out of space by next season. We know via PJ that we have room for a big player if he wanted to come, the problem is our position in the draft. When Kelly becomes available next season does everyone think a first rounder and future first rounder will be enough? i think the deal will be a lot more complex.

I would offer kelly a massive deal. He is exactly what our team needs. He is the sort of player who would take us from very good to great potentially. 

40 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I would offer kelly a massive deal. He is exactly what our team needs. He is the sort of player who would take us from very good to great potentially. 

While i think we do need an outside player, i'd still question our key defenders. Oscar is still developing and Frost has proven handy, but both got dismantled with ease the other day. While you can say our midfield got smashed a lot of one on ones weren't close. 

Edited by MurDoc516
  • Like 1

I've never posted inside info on here before, so thanks in advance for the abuse.

I've heard from what I consider to be a very good source that North Melbourne are extremely confident that Kelly will play out 2019 at GWS then head to North on a longterm deal. North were heavily into him last year, but their list management team had the feeling all along that he'd re-sign with the Giants on a two-year deal before coming back to Victoria for 2020 onwards.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Good Times Grimes said:

I've heard from what I consider to be a very good source that North Melbourne are extremely confident that Kelly will play out 2019 at GWS then head to North on a longterm deal.

LOL

More heartbreak coming for Norf.

I've never posted inside info on here before, so thanks in advance for the abuse.

I've heard from what I consider to be a very good source that North Melbourne are extremely confident that Kelly will play out 2019 at GWS then head to North on a longterm deal. North were heavily into him last year, but their list management team had the feeling all along that he'd re-sign with the Giants on a two-year deal before coming back to Victoria for 2020 onwards.   

you may be right and if so GWS will get minimal compo.

This is why with a Hogan trade this year we "might" be able to put together a better deal for GWS

Edited by Diamond_Jim

It's a shame that North's salary cap will be busting at the seems after they pay massive overs for Gaff/Polac/Hall this season

15 minutes ago, drdrake said:

It's a shame that North's salary cap will be busting at the seems after they pay massive overs for Gaff/Polac/Hall this season

How was Gaff's (wry? Happy) smile at the Eagles/Dees game. Hard to know what is going on. Was he at their Brownlow do? Starting to think he'll stay

19 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

LOL

More heartbreak coming for Norf.

One can only hope. If they add Gaff, Kelly and Polec, all of a sudden they're looking pretty good. That being said, if Kelly does come back to Victoria, I'd rather see him go to a club like North than to Essendon/Hawthorn/Richmond/Collingwood.