Having invented Australian football, I see the club has now created the new game of "lawn bows green". Not sure whether it involves arrows, ribbons or bending at the waste. Sounds like fun, though.

Bentleigh_Club.jpg

Not the best finish either ... 'book and appointment'.

Now I'm an out of the closet pedant, but stuff like this just looks unprofessional.

• Like 1

This is the most Melbourne thing ever...

Plenty of things to firmly fit the stereotype, AND amateur marketing material. Those errors are generally picked up on a second peer review. I'm guessing the club either doesn't have a copywriter, or outsourced the material and didnt bother checking it beforehand.

I like that darts facilities are 'great for the whole family'.

Yeah, I can't wait for my 9yo to put one into the back of my hand as I'm removing mine from the board.

But I do like the place, like to drop in when I'm in town and have a feed and a beer. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

I like that darts facilities are 'great for the whole family'.

Yeah, I can't wait for my 9yo to put one into the back of my hand as I'm removing mine from the board.

But I do like the place, like to drop in when I'm in town and have a feed and a beer. 

Massive respect to any "sport", that can turn itself into a T.V spectacle featuring adoring fans screaming their heads off for a fat pizzed bloke throwing feathered nails at a circle 2.4m away.

We need their people in our marketing department.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

Massive respect to any "sport", that can turn itself into a T.V spectacle featuring adoring fans screaming their heads off for a fat pizzed bloke throwing feathered nails at a circle 2.4m away.

We need their people in our marketing department.

Steven King, in his book 'It' described darts players as 'hypertensive sumo wrestlers'.

• Like 1

You clearly have missed the euphemism as well as the marketing insight being employed here.

To attract a new 'earthier' type of member/supporter/patron, the MFC, in partnership with the Bentleigh Club, have introduced an area akin to the vomitariums of Roman Coliseum days. Keeping in mind that many an overly refreshed house party attendee has staggered out to the front (or back lawn) to relieve themselves of their lunch, there obviously has been a fresh patch of lawn for said drinkers to bow towards.

32 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Who proof reads that? shocking.

^_^