Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes versus Collingwood

juzzk1d

On 20/08/2017 at 4:15 PM, watchtheeyes said:

Out: Wagner, Stretch, Hannan

In: Salem, Viney, Watts

Frost is close, Hannan maybe unlucky. But watts can play his role, is a better set shot and more dangerous kick inside 50. On watts to make sure he can equal defensive pressure, he does that and it's a big upgrade for me.

I think Hannans speed and marking will keep him in.  

• Like 4

On 20/08/2017 at 9:15 PM, buck_nekkid said:

Garlett has had a run of personal stuff, with trips back to WA.

perhaps he is not 100% atm (mentally)- only a guess.  He is too good to leave out, he just needs to rediscover his mojo (and his kicking boot).  Definite in for mine.

He needs to have a long casual chat with Jesse to sort out about personal issues and how they impact on their footy.  It has taken Jesse a while to produce his best but he sure did on Sunday.  

• Like 1

we seem to be in a pretty good place at the moment that we have some reasonable players to come in but are scratching to agree on who is playing badly enough to be dropped. Collingwood will be a hard game, a few players will be playing for their careers, so will their coach. We torch them and it maybe bye bye Bucks. .

Its a puzzle but when its down to the wire, you put in your A-team.

Its written on the wall of the change room after training. Talent talks. It was disappointing news for me but I got it.

Talent cant be taught but it can be awakened. Time to fire up. Salem and Watts in, they must be burning for it. And yep they possibly dont deserve it but we must hit targets under pressure. We cant bank on outlasting opponents, we need to win it.

• Like 3

Hannan stays. First year player in one of the hardest positions to be consistent in, especially when there are no crumbs because Hogan and Pedo are swallowing everything like fat pigs. 

I want Salem in but unless he's "trained the house down" what's he done to earn it?

2 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

I want Salem in but unless he's "trained the house down" what's he done to earn it?

bog in the VFL game last week, unfortunately got suspended or would have played on the weekend, nothing can be more certain that he will be back this week for either stretch or wagnar. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Dee tention said:

KENNEDY?

Kennedy to replace Stretch

Watts to replace Wagner

I actually rather like the little fella but assume the ship has sailed. It would be quite remarkable starving him the entire season and giving multiple opportunities to JKH and Stretch only to introduce Benken for the last H&A game on the eve of a finals campaign. Would love to see it happen and for him to have a ripper. Selection headaches are fine by me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skuit said:

I actually rather like the little fella but assume the ship has sailed. It would be quite remarkable starving him the entire season and giving multiple opportunities to JKH and Stretch only to introduce Benken for the last H&A game on the eve of a finals campaign. Would love to see it happen and for him to have a ripper. Selection headaches are fine by me.

I wonder what's happened to Kennedy. VFL form has been pretty handy all year. I have heard from sources close to the club he has attitude problems but I've never met him personally. I wonder if something happened in the pre season because he was a handy player for us at AFL level. Sadly I think it's the end for him now.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out: Wagner Stretch

In: Bugg Salem

Possibly would drop Hannan for Watts but not sure Watts has earnt it yet and Hannan competes 

Can't see Bugg being back in the side after 1 VFL performance. Will need more credits in the bank. 

Out: Wagner, Stretch

In: Watts, Salem

Harmes or Watts to play wing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skuit said:

Kennedy or Bugg to put some real defensive pressure inside 50 that has been missing

• Like 1

Bugg should not come back in. 

We have enough ball killers in the side as is and ANB + Harmes have taken his position. Both of whom already have iffy disposal at times.

We need ball users in.

Bit the bullet on Watts, hopefully he's hungry again and the omission has put him on notice, (again).

Salem in for Wagner.

Watts in for Stretch. 

Hunt up to a wing with Lewis to play back flank. 

A backline of:

Jetta      Oscar      Hibberd 

Salem     T-Mac     Lewis 

^ Much more settled and three of our best users are back there. Salem/Lewis to take kick outs.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 2

I think Viney will play for Stretch. He will see this week as a crucial match, and knows that if we win, he will get another week off to rest.

I also think Salem will replace Wagner. Salem racked up the footy in his one game for Casey, and showed his class.

Watts will be line ball. I can't see who he replaces. 12 marks on the weekend shows a huge workrate. Hannan has been down on form lately, and might make way for Watts. If he does, someone will need to step up to replace the pressure Hannan puts on in our forward half.

--------------------------------------------

My thoughts on the team:

FB: Jetta - TMac - Hibb

HB: Hunt - Oscar - Salem

C: Vince - N.Jones - Lewis

HF: Trac - Hogan - ANB

FF: Garlett - Pedo - Harmes

R: Gawn - Viney - Oliver

I: Tyson - Brayshaw - Melksham - Hannan/Watts 

26 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Hannan is no chance of being dropped.

Stretch and Wagner need to come out with Salem and Watts to come in, Watts to play more up the ground.

Yes and no. Agree with the changes, but I think Watts should stay forward and Neal-Bullen should play more on the ball. In other words, Watts takes ANB's role and ANB takes Stretch's. ANB has been a more than useful linkman and plays better in and around the midfield than he does as a pure forward, the role he played last Sunday. And Salem plays Wagner's wingman role (unless Brayshaw does and Salem takes Brayshaw's HBF role).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Yes and no. Agree with the changes, but I think Watts should stay forward and Neal-Bullen should play more on the ball. In other words, Watts takes ANB's role and ANB takes Stretch's. ANB has been a more than useful linkman and plays better in and around the midfield than he does as a pure forward, the role he played last Sunday. And Salem plays Wagner's wingman role (unless Brayshaw does and Salem takes Brayshaw's HBF role).

Fair points, I just think that Watts needs to be involved in the play more, even throw him into the ruck to force him into the contest.  We also need his kicking skills when kicking into the forward line. We have averaged about 100 points in the last two games without him which is a big improvement on previous week.s

He will still drift forward but with Hogan, Pedersen and potentially T. McDonald and Gawn down there at times he isn't needed as a permanent forward.

This is all about just getting a job done...In reality it's only EVER about getting a job done.

Ppl need to put away their 'allegiances" and their 'enmity' towards others.

Just pick for the job.

Saturdays game will be full of niggle.  It wont be a pushover. Buckley is coaching for his survival.  He'll rev up his charges to put the sword to these heathen Demons.  They can put ALL their eggs into one basket as that basket only has to last til about 4.30 on Sat arvo.

This is not necessarily about picking your 'wondrous" best 22 . It IS about picking a side to get a job done  and then preparing itself for the next four games!!

There will be casualties...indeed sacrifices along the way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

This is all about just getting a job done...In reality it's only EVER about getting a job done.

Just pick for the job.

Saturdays game will be full of niggle.  It wont be a pushover. Buckley is coaching for his survival.  He'll rev up his charges to put the sword to these heathen Demons.  They can put ALL their eggs into one basket as that basket only has to last til about 4.30 on Sat arvo.

This is not necessarily about picking your 'wondrous" best 22 . It IS about picking a side to get a job done  and then preparing itself for the next four games!!

Will there be fire and fury though?

3 minutes ago, mongrel said:

Will there be fire and fury though?

You've got me trumped ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Just pick for the job.

I think its really important to reiterate this. Team first, individuals second. Which 22 gets us the win? That's all I care about

• Like 4