Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Brisbane

jumbo returns

3 hours ago, Stretchyourself said:

Out: Petracca (rested)

In: Watts (to show why he is one of our most important players. And to stick it up all his doubters) 

Watts is our man. He's red n blue. Why do we punish our own?? 

Well its pretty easy really. Our memberships contibute to his salary and while l don't expect all players to lung into contests like hibberd and lewis did in the last quarter, l do expect him to show intensity. Its not personal as many here are suggesting it is, Geelong are just as frustrated with Motlop.

Why do you tolerate his lack of effort?

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

If Bugg comes in I'll spew! Luckily he won't.

Does not deserve a senior game this year. 

Why? Because he was a very naughty boy? I think he makes it happen andIam surethat he feels dissapointed tat hewas stupid enough to miss a few games. Save us from armchair outrage. 

But shouldn't come in, he let his teammates down with a stupid act and needs to earn his place back. He also played an extremely poor game as his last game so form is not with him. 

If he kills VFL this week he's a chance for the Pies, but I won't be happy if he's brought straight back in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mydee said:

Why? Because he was a very naughty boy? I think he makes it happen andIam surethat he feels dissapointed tat hewas stupid enough to miss a few games. Save us from armchair outrage. 

Fat thumbs?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jibroni said:

I agree Jeffy hasnt been brilliant but he is far from our worst. If we had a fully fit Hogs and a confident Watts it would make is role a lot easier.

Jeff has been poor but he has also had issues with a family bereavement and has travelled to Perth twice in a fortnight. Hopefully he hasmanaged to deal with that and can move fwd to play some good footy. 

• Like 1

Frost in for Weideman, TMac forward.   Stretch for Viney (if he doesn't get up).   Give Watts another week at Casey and bring him back for Collingwood.    Anyone at training today?

Edited by Copuchas
addition
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

He can come back for last round if he bangs the door down this week. No point bringing him in if nothing has changed with his performances. Looks like a token demotion

It's about winning a flag for me. Yes JW can play better footy than he has been of late. It is however only 3 bad weeks after an absence of 4. Perspective.

Jw is still a better option than Weid at this minute and we can talk about teaching lessons after we win.

I suggest everyone in favor of Sw , go back and watch the replays of games he played and then decide.

Jw disposal is so much better than SW. That kick of Sw after his mark was woeful.

And if not Jw than Frosty in so Tmac can play up forward. SW is not ready. The guy is getting better but now is not the time for that. Finals are on the line.

I think Viney is a definite "rest him"  Petracca hasnt had the rub of the green so a rest for him is probably not a good idea. Just let him keep working at it and he'll turn it around. For the present, not the future, put Frost back in. If Hipwood plays, we need a quick reasonably skilled tall to go to him.

I'm in the put Bugg back in camp. He will be right in the contest and he's the type who could score a goal or two.

Perhaps Weed out for Frost

It was stated earlier that Viney is sore and we changed the emergencies last week as we had a couple of 2 sore players. I fully expected Maynard and Frost to play. I also note that Max isn't jumping suggesting his ankle is still sore.

Cannot see any changes unless someone is injured or too sore

12 hours ago, steve_f said:

No point in dropping Watts for one game if he doesn't repent at Casey.  I can see him not playing again this year and being traded.   It's time to move on with our (football) lives.

Why is getting dropped the extinction of a player? Form comes and goes, habits get worse and they get better. These are universal truths for footy. And they are truths in a vacuum, but there is no vacuum with Watts.

Everything he has done, or hasn't done, since the beginning has been overblown and treated completely separate to the reality every other player lives in.

I would say he has been poor in 7 games this year, played his role in 3 games and was in the best 5 times. And that isn't good enough, and that is why he is dropped, but if he can get back to the form he had for Rds 12 and 13 before his hammy he might help us win a final. In 2017. In, like three weeks...

That would be good, yeah?

Edited by rpfc
stupid first line
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Copuchas said:

Frost in for Weideman, TMac forward.   Stretch for Viney (if he doesn't get up).   Give Watts another week at Casey and bring him back for Collingwood.    Anyone at training today?

This is nor directed at you c. Just an obsevation.

I have said this before in changes threads but there is often some confusion if posters are saying will happen or, in their view, what should happen.

Im with you on selection. To be clear i think that is what rbey should do (frost in, weed out, tmac up forward).it makes a lot of sense. I think frost was dropped partly for form but also match ups. Unlike watts and salem intensity was nor the issue.

However I think it is only a 50 - 50 chance of happening as they will be keen to give weeds another shot

48 minutes ago, binman said:

This is nor directed at you c. Just an obsevation.

I have said this before in changes threads but there is often some confusion if posters are saying will happen or, in their view, what should happen.

Im with you on selection. To be clear i think that is what rbey should do (frost in, weed out, tmac up forward).it makes a lot of sense. I think frost was dropped partly for form but also match ups. Unlike watts and salem intensity was nor the issue.

However I think it is only a 50 - 50 chance of happening as they will be keen to give weeds another shot

I concur with the sentiment Binman but would have thought that the words "if" and "give" in my post make it clear that it's just an observation!  Totally share your perspectives on Frost and have read the Justin Plapp player review since writing my post and it appears very likely Watts does another week at Casey.

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

It's about winning a flag for me. Yes JW can play better footy than he has been of late. It is however only 3 bad weeks after an absence of 4. Perspective.

Jw is still a better option than Weid at this minute and we can talk about teaching lessons after we win.

I suggest everyone in favor of Sw , go back and watch the replays of games he played and then decide.

Jw disposal is so much better than SW. That kick of Sw after his mark was woeful.

And if not Jw than Frosty in so Tmac can play up forward. SW is not ready. The guy is getting better but now is not the time for that. Finals are on the line.

Disagree. Watts (in his current form) is on a par with Weid in terms of pure performance.

What puts him behind Weid however is that his laziness has a negative flow to the team  performance (which many don't think to consider). It undermines the defensive structures, game plan, and the young players around him. Other players are forced to cover.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

Disagree. Watts (in his current form) is on a par with Weid in terms of pure performance.

What puts him behind Weid however is that his laziness has a negative flow to the team  performance (which many don't think to consider). It undermines the defensive structures, game plan, and the young players around him. Other players are forced to cover.

Appreciate your imput D1858 but these are the facts:

SW has played around 5 or 6 games in the seniors this year. His last game his best.(But not great lets be honest) His previous games were fairly lacking. 

JW last 3 games were fairly lacking.(coming off injury) Its not good.

In a few games this year JW has been top 5 and had a huge impact.

SW never has. 

23 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

jonesy says viney will be ok for this weekend..........source 3aw

Repeated on MMM Viney likely to play

1 hour ago, Copuchas said:

I concur with the sentiment Binman but would have thought that the words "if" and "give" in my post make it clear that it's just an observation!  Totally share your perspectives on Frost and have read the Justin Plapp player review since writing my post and it appears very likely Watts does another week at Casey.

Yes, good point about yoir perspective. I chose the wrong post to highlight my point. It was a pramatic choice because i wanted to agree with your selection ideas.

Out of interest do you rhink they will drop weed and pick frost?

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Yes, good point about yoir perspective. I chose the wrong post to highlight my point. It was a pramatic choice because i wanted to agree with your selection ideas.

Out of interest do you rhink they will drop weed and pick frost?

Binman, I think it's principally about the match-ups again (as you referenced).   On the face of it, I think Frost is our best match-up on Hipwood.   And whilst Goodwin acknowledged Weideman's contesting work, the reality is that his impact was minimal.  I think the match committee's challenge is that after a period of 3 and 4 changes or more a week, it's time to settle the team ahead of finals.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

What puts him behind Weid however is that his laziness 

Bollocks. I watched the replay last night and weed was really poor. 4 kicks and at least 2 were turnovers and once was a missed set shot from 30 metres - his only score or indeed score involvement. Cant recall outcome of his 2 handballs.

Yes he competed in rhe air but only took 2 marks and neither were contested. Yes he tackled ok but only laid 4. He played the entire game and only scored 35 fantasy points. That's a stinker.

Watts wasn't much better against gws but he was better. And was better again against the roos - though still poor.

Watts issue isn't laziness. Never has been. It is intensity.

Dont gwt me wrong. Im happy for him to have been selected ahead of watts.andfinw if he pla6s this week.

But this week i would drop weed and. replace him with frost. And hope watts realises how close he is to missing playing finals for the first time and plays with incredible intensity this week at casey. We will learn a lot about jack watts this weekend

Edited by binman