Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 21

Demonland

26 minutes ago, Soidee said:

Again today we got savaged by umpiring decisions.  Trying to be objective but it's hard when Chamberlain pulls out some total [censored] head clangers.  Noticed a screaming mad dog saints supporter losing his last 3 hairs...one Francis Leach!!!  Made my day!

Hahaha great. Stephen J Peake would have been there too. Idiot

We were absolutely CRUCIFIED in the 3rd Quarter

Explanations demanded...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunkn167 said:

Wasn't pretty but we got there in the end, good effort from the boys.

If Oscar doesn't get up for next week, and with Frost out of form, does Keilty get a debut against the Lions?

Have you seen the goodwin presser drunkn? goody gave dec a nice little pump up

We used to joke about Roos-speak : the art of circling a topic and never touching it.

I give you Goody-gobbledygook: a rhetoric based upon isolating an element to accentuate without actually acknowledging elephants!!

• Like 2

My 3 day old son was dressed in his Dees beanie and Dees onsie for the game today. Indoctrination of spawn is what this games all about. Makes more sense to me now. Loved every second of it.

CARN THE DEES!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

@Adzman

Must have been a great day ;)

Special memory for me. It was capped off by 2 year old yelling "rahh" every time Harmes touched the ball. He thought his name was rahh because the crowd roared every time he kicked a goal in the first.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I can't understate  how big an opportunity it will be next week.

Looking at our competitors draws, if we win next week, it can tie up a finals spot.

However, like the game against North, we need to realize that it is just that:  an opportunity.

I am happy with how today turned out. One thing I think we could be a little circumspect about is how we sometimes surrender leads.

The two times we have dropped leads recently (vs. Port and today), our opposition ended up using too many petrol tickets getting back into the game. Both of those teams are both in final 8 territory (though St. Kilda will likely miss out barely this year). Both teams were always going to fight back.

It was great to see Gus make a comeback as well. While I am certain that Trenners has played his last game for us, I am glad that another bloke whose future had a few clouds over it has come back strong. Even the bump he copped showed that he has taken on the coaching staff's advice. He lead mostly with his body in that clash and as a result copped minimal contact.

2 hours ago, maximum bob said:

20,000 free Welcome tickets to many people from diverse cultures, many new to the game, on a sunny Sunday arvo at the home of football. And the Demons win. Great marketing which hopefully converts a few to Aussie Rules & just as importantly to the MFC.

I was in the Olympic stand today and there were loads of people and families from all cultures obviously at their first game. There was a group of young students in front of me and my mate. As we got fired up and barracked hard, they were turning around with excited bemusement and really getting into it! Great to see! 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

This game was the perfect example of our season, its the reason why we are  7 and not top 4, we dont finish off teams, we don't  have a killer instinct.

Soft [censored]?

7 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

I was in the Olympic stand today and there were loads of people and families from all cultures obviously at their first game. There was a group of young students in front of me and my mate. As we got fired up and barracked hard, they were turning around with excited bemusement and really getting into it! Great to see! 

That's exactly what we want. 

New Demon Blood...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maximum bob said:

20,000 free Welcome tickets to many people from diverse cultures, many new to the game, on a sunny Sunday arvo at the home of football. And the Demons win. Great marketing which hopefully converts a few to Aussie Rules & just as importantly to the MFC.

Yea enjoyed the day and the concept, not sure it will take off but like the overall idea.

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

He looked less than impressed with it all at a few junctures. Think despite his laughter the umping was plsslng him off big time, as it would !!  It was attrocious

Can you, or anyone explain to me (and I hope others) what the fk he was being penalised for?

"Blocking" or "shepherding" in the ruck? I have no understanding of that rule. He gets pinged for it often but he ha his eyes for the ball. Makes zero sense to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Spot on deever!

Pedo has about 10% of Watt's ability

Watt's has about 10% of Pedo's  determination/heart.

There have been Pedo > Watts threads for a while....  usually met with scorn. 

But it's true. 

Go Dees

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Can you, or anyone explain to me (and I hope others) what the fk he was being penalised for?

"Blocking" or "shepherding" in the ruck? I have no understanding of that rule. He gets pinged for it often but he ha his eyes for the ball. Makes zero sense to me.

Nupp. Can't help.... It's got me stuffed. Reckon it's got Max flumoxed also :wacko:

1 hour ago, Demon77 said:

Usually I would blast my 9 year old son when he uses inappropriate language but I couldn't help but laugh when Chamberlain plucked a free from the moon for the Saints and my son yelled out " look dad, it's the midget pr*ck again."

So proud...:)

• Like 1

After the 2.5 hour drive home to Bendigo, some game notes:

Thanks MCC or whoever,  for closing the car park again - being on the road meant I did not know until I got there, so had to park in some God-forsaken Richmond back street that looked suitable for a Dustin Martin party. Missed the 1st quarter. And rhe car park was fine.

My man Brayshaw - wow, what a great return. 

Agree about Pedo. Although I have become a Watts fan,  he would do well to watch a full replay of Pedos game today. Gut running, physical impact, strong marks and tackles. I continue to believe we are a better team with him in , regardless of how many talls we have available.

Jones - now officially my most loved Dees player since Flower. 

The 3rd quarter was really bad. Really, really bad. Our unpressured turnovers almost cost us the game. I am not sure my ageing heart can take being a Dees supporter for too much longer. We flirt with defeat at least twice a game and it is killing me. 

Although we were ravaged by the umps in the 3rd quarter, the bad umpiring actually went both ways. The couple of frees we  got both looked dodgy. A bad quarter for the umpire review for all involved. 

The most pleasing thing today was the impact at various times of Harmes, ANB, Hannan, Brayshaw, and OMac. These players playing their part when needed has happened for each of our wins this year. Our development coaches need a huge nod of recognition and maybe a pay rise. 

Thank you to other stupid rubbish clubs for Hibberd (a bit fumbly today), Melksham and Lewis. 

• Like 2

The first quarter is the style that sucks me in to think the sky is the limit this year, not even Sydney or Adelaide would come close. So proudness of the boys today, hopefully we build that consistency over coming weeks. Great team effort

1 hour ago, Soidee said:

Again today we got savaged by umpiring decisions.  Trying to be objective but it's hard when Chamberlain pulls out some total [censored] head clangers.  Noticed a screaming mad dog saints supporter losing his last 3 hairs...one Francis Leach!!!  Made my day!

Lol. I do quite enjoy Frank's work, but that would've been great to see!

1 hour ago, Demon77 said:

Usually I would blast my 9 year old son when he uses inappropriate language but I couldn't help but laugh when Chamberlain plucked a free from the moon for the Saints and my son yelled out " look dad, it's the midget pr*ck again."

Wise beyond his years ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Max was strangely umpired out of the ruck contests. After conceding 3 frees in a row at the centre, he looked unwilling to contest the next tap out. Never seen anything like that before. 

I really hope the club demands a please explain from the AFL. It was farsical.

While posting, Alan Richardson gave the opposition no credit for the way the aints performed in the first quarter. That Guy shits me.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1