hardtack    5,699
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Unless GWS and the Crows decide to 'rest' a few? 

Two weeks' off before a rigorous finals' campaign is better than one

Crows possibly, but GWS are still competing for a top 2 finish (and even the Crows can't afford to be complacent).  With the bye the week before the finals, I doubt any team in the top 8 will want to rest too many for an extra week or two... they'll want them match fit and firing in the finals.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

--coach--    392
16 minutes ago, number 27 said:

where are the goals going to come from? I'm worried we won't be able to kick a big enough score. will need to break 100 IMO.

See my previous post where I said:

You do know that 8 of or top 10 goal scores for their year are playing including our top 3?

chook fowler    6,591

If we have improved this is a game that should be won - no Riewoldt, no Montana and at the G. A loss will raise the old question of a soft underbelly. Hopefully we will obliterate them.

DemonOX    3,869
3 hours ago, Adzman said:

I'm taking my son to his first ever game today, and it will be the first time 3 generations in my family have watched the demons since my grandfathers passing in 1996.

This will be a memorable moment for me as a father to continue the family tradition of being a Demons man.

I have faith the dees will get it done today. I hope to look back on this day and enjoy the memory of teaching my son how to sing a grand ol flag.

Carn the f'ing demons!

Really hope the dees play well today and win for u adzman and that ur boy has a blast. 

• Like 1

number 27    0
19 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

According to a previous poster, our top three goal scorers are playing today. Could come from them.

cheers, didn't know that. bodes well hopefully.

Ill be cheering each goal from the olympic stand 

dees189227    1,795

On my way to the footy now.  I hope its the Melbourne team that want to play finals that we get today.  The team that will get its ferocious tackling back.  

I do not want a close game. 20-30 points would be great. 

Wiseblood    12,058
3 hours ago, Adzman said:

I'm taking my son to his first ever game today, and it will be the first time 3 generations in my family have watched the demons since my grandfathers passing in 1996.

This will be a memorable moment for me as a father to continue the family tradition of being a Demons man.

I have faith the dees will get it done today. I hope to look back on this day and enjoy the memory of teaching my son how to sing a grand ol flag.

Carn the f'ing demons!

That's bloody brilliant Adzman!  Fantastic stuff!

Let's hope that it's a great omen for the Dees winning today!

• Like 1

Cards13    3,138
31 minutes ago, hardtack said:

That's ill use of "elusive" :lol:

Ha fk me, the wife constantly tells me off for not double checking my spelling, grammar etc. She would have a heart attack seeing that one! 

• Haha 1

jumbo returns    4,208
12 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

If we have improved this is a game that should be won - no Riewoldt, no Montana and at the G. A loss will raise the old question of a soft underbelly. Hopefully we will obliterate them.

Their mosquito fleet are very, very dangerous

They have the potential to emulate the 'orange tsumani' on their day - as Richmond found out

• Like 2

dl4e    297
2 hours ago, Thrice said:

West Coast are no threat with GWS then Crows in the final 2 rounds

They will beat the crows. As for today my MFCSS is kicking in big time

old dee    10,563
35 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

According to a previous poster, our top three goal scorers are playing today. Could come from them.

Yes but they all seldom play well on the same day ET. I struggle to see them kicking 15 in total which is what we will need. Hannan at full forward, one if we are lucky.

beelzebub    14,854

Still curious why the OP should choose a song about facing a final curtain !! :unsure:

Hopefully it doesn't come down on us today :D

Wiseblood    12,058
6 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Their mosquito fleet are very, very dangerous

They have the potential to emulate the 'orange tsumani' on their day - as Richmond found out

Agreed, and we will need to be right on our game so we don't allow them to swarm forward and kick a big score.

• Like 1

dees189227    1,795

Beautiful sunny day. Perfect conditions.  Hope to see a sea of red and blue at the g today. 

• Like 1

Demons11    608

Suns out, back at G.  Big day for the Dees!!! Get home you good things 

Hell Bent    1,143
16 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

Doubt too many on here would realise just how good these guys were!  Rock on Beavis!!

• Like 1

Redleg    13,408
38 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Armitage out also who always plays well against us. 

Wiseblood    12,058

No late changes for either side.

Rocky    134

95% dees on the train heading in. feeling optimistic.

• Like 2

--coach--    392
Posted (edited)

Just arrived at the ground, howling gale forced winds blowing to punt road end...

Nah just kidding 😂👍

Edited by --coach--
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good news lads.

My son gave our Dachsund (deever) two bowls to choose from this am.

He chose his red and blue dish....a clear sign we will win according to my son.

(mind you IM not putting any money on it)

ignition.    931

Had a dilemma this morning.

I didn't meet my weekly goals at work (thesis writing) so was torn between going into work and the game.

Had the Mrs. "burning" me about going to the game. So was going into work. But then I asked myself how much writing will I actually get done? I know I'll be watching the game from my 5" phone screen. The Bunsen burner decided to go shopping to some vintage fair... F*** it! I've thrown on my MFC shirt and heading in now on the train... the thesis can wait. Go Dees!!! :)

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this game. A real ground, a rocket under us, a lot on the line. This is the position we've worked so hard to get into over the last 4 years. 

Im also going to be supremely optimistic on DLand today. I know there is a lot of anxiety about at the moment but we need to keep the positive energy up. Support each other, remember we all love the club, and get excited when we play well!!

Go Dees!

Lord Travis    1,788

Brayshaw warming up with the backline group. Looks set for a half back role today.

• Like 1