Jumping Jack Clennett

MCC Committee Election

Do any Demonlanders know the MFC connections of the 6 candidates seeking 3 positions.

I want to see as much MFC Sympathy on the Committee as possible. I think it's very important.

The 6 candidates are...

Peter King, John Mugavin, Clare Cannon, Duncan Banks, Bill Hodges, and Adrian Anderson.

I think Anderson oversaw the unfair singling out of MFC in the tanking saga, while Demetriou was away. I therefore won't vote for him.

I see Bill Hodges at all MFC games, so assume he's a Dee supporter. (then again, he says in his manifesto he attends over 90% of MCC events, so perhaps not)

Does anyone know of their affiliations?

We have to vote before 16/8.

Dee Dee    404

Peter King, record holder for biggest six hit to northern side of the MCG: see red seat marking the spot near cricketers viewing box! Apparently big Dee's fan, vote for him.

Also well respected in business community and brings business/marketing expertise to the committee.

I'm not sure about the others, so any information welcome.

I shall not vote for Adrian Anderson!

• Like 2

pineapple dee    1,226

I will vote for anybody who wants to ban the wearing of denim jeans in the members reserve, I don't care what AFL team they support. I've had a gut full of seeing bogans and oafs in rubbishy denim jeans coming in to the reserve. Show a bit of pride in your appearance, people. Dress up !!

• Like 2

Tony Tea    1,587

Plain jeans are okay. Stretch, stonewash, jeggings or "distressed" jeans are not.

GotheDees    1

John Mugavin - Collingwood

Dr. Gonzo    6,071
On 06/08/2017 at 6:05 PM, pineapple dee said:

I will vote for anybody who wants to ban the wearing of denim jeans in the members reserve, I don't care what AFL team they support. I've had a gut full of seeing bogans and oafs in rubbishy denim jeans coming in to the reserve. Show a bit of pride in your appearance, people. Dress up !!

Good to see you've got your priorities in order 

hemingway    2,460
On 06/08/2017 at 4:02 PM, Dee Dee said:

Peter King, record holder for biggest six hit to northern side of the MCG: see red seat marking the spot near cricketers viewing box! Apparently big Dee's fan, vote for him.

Also well respected in business community and brings business/marketing expertise to the committee.

I'm not sure about the others, so any information welcome.

I shall not vote for Adrian Anderson!

It's a bit like the farce of the voluntary postal plebiscite. It will not make any difference. Although some take their responsibilities more seriously than I do. Which may be a good thing. However, it will not make an iota of difference to the big picture. 

pineapple dee    1,226
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good to see you've got your priorities in order 

I'm working my way up to the big stuff

praha    3,920

Pineapple of a post.

loges    622

I won,t be voting for you then, its football ffs not croquet or polo, agree about dilapidated jeans though

I get the impression , from Clare Cannon's profile, she's not a Dee supporter. The fact that the MFC isn't mentioned suggests to me she supports some other team, or no AFL team at all.

She is more involved with cricket...and so she probably should be, on the MCC Committee!  However, I'm trying to find out who has leanings to MFC , like Steve Smith, the pres.

So far, I reckon we should go for King and Hodges.

Can anyone suggest who the third vote should go to, with the welfare of the MFC in mind.?