Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

POSTMATCH DISCUSSION - Round 20

Posted (edited)

Eh, we didn't play THAT bad. Pretty even game with the exception of the second half of the first. Let's just hope the bombers lose. Bear in mind, btw, that GWS are a quality team. 

Edited by Moneider96

For the last 3 rounds this year think last 2 rounds last year.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

How did we only manage to lose by 35 points with that crap effort?

• Like 2

Too many players gave us little to nothing until it was far too late, including but not limited to Garlett, Hunt, Petracca, Jones and Viney.

With that in mind, I'm looking forward to how this thread will all be centred around how terrible Lewis, OMac and Watts were (admittedly, the latter was terrible in the first half).

If Demonland crashes tonight, I'm outta here.

• Like 9

Why do we want the bombers to lose? The season obviously can't finish early enough for these players. If we somehow manage to fluke it in we will get destroyed unfortunately. 

I take nothing positive or negative out of two games on park pitches.

We'll be playing round 23 for finals. Been true all year. Come back then to see who we are.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Looks like the hard stretch that we played through all our injuries, suspensions and 6 day breaks have taken there toll on the players   

Imo we look done for the season and will be lucki to win 1 of our 3 remaining games  and will miss the finals.  

Still an enormous amount of work to be done by our club unfortunately  

Edited by DemonOX
  • Sad 1

2017 is over. The players have decided. 

Time for Jones to pack it in. Harsh reality

Goodwin has a massive job ahead of him

good sides come home hard into September

(Remember Nought last year) the MFC didn't give a whimper today when it counted. 

We were lucky to kick 10.2

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Too many players gave us little to nothing until it was far too late, including but not limited to Garlett, Hunt, Petracca, Jones and Viney.

With that in mind, I'm looking forward to how this thread will all be centred around how terrible Lewis, OMac and Watts were (admittedly, the latter was terrible in the second half).

If Demonland crashes tonight, I'm outta here.

Agree totally 

2 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I take nothing positive or negative out of two games on park pitches.

We'll be playing round 23 for finals. Been true all year. Come back then to see who we are.

Got to win the next two for that to be the case, and that's very far from a certainty. One week at a time, we've got to find a way to win next week, seems to me the players have lost some confidence. 

Just now, Pates said:

Got to win the next two for that to be the case, and that's very far from a certainty. One week at a time, we've got to find a way to win next week, seems to me the players have lost some confidence. 

I saw plenty. Gawn is back. Jones needed a few quarters to get back into form. Has never had to come back into a side after injury before.

Back at the G for last 3 weeks. Everyone relax. lol

• Like 7

Any team that starts relying on other results to secure a finals position really doesn't deserve to play finals. I've come to terms with that this week.

For all the good our upsets against Adelaide and West Coast did, we squandered it with 4 unacceptable losses against North, Fremantle and Hawthorn.

Hardly our fault though. I'm not one to make excuses but we've been utterly cruelled by injuries to our most important players all year. The suspensions haven't helped either but they are self inflicted by poor discipline.

• Like 5

I feel that the team has hit a wall. Perhaps we've overachieved. Anything less than finals would be a failure but that's a given now, so it doesn't matter either way. Maybe it's a mental hurdle...but many a perennial loser in the side. 

• Like 2

Scoreline flattered us, 

5 minutes ago, Deevout said:

How did we only manage to lose by 35 points with that crap effort?

IMG_2050.GIF

Had this fear that a few would drop off when we got the injured players back. Looks like it has happened. Some of the young guys look tired. And they can't kick into the forward line to save their life.

And just like that, we're out of the 8.

How depressing.

2 minutes ago, praha said:

And just like that, we're out of the 8.

How depressing.

Not to be seen again

Two weeks in a row we crumble to pressure. All the players drinking out of the bathtub after port win. A deflating end of the season is on the cards as per last year.

• Angry 1

Sometimes I hate following this train wreck of a club. Far too many passengers and NQRs. They still have a very soft underbelly and far too often games are lost in the first quarter.

• Like 1

Is it just me or do we continually tackle the guy who's just disposed of the ball?

• Like 2

Maynard looks like a find

Crap effort

Handball game was predicted by GWS and they flooded the contest

Goodwin outcoached 

• Like 5