Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 19

Demonland

The last quarter was one of the worst I have seen by us. I'm not going to sit here and stress anymore when they put up a quarter like that, I rarely bag the team but goodness me.

They need to wear this one and I hope it stings cause I'm over feeling crook in the guts.

These cliches " We are not focusing on finals" and " the hoodoo against North doesn't get mentioned", maybe it's time to start talking and actually doing something about it.

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 3

I am afraid my Carltank supporter mate is right       He stated a while ago     No one can shoot themselves in the foot like your mob.

Fair dinkum big wind in the last quarter..   got ahead with everything to play for     and we drew out our 45 calibre colt and shot ourselves in the foot !!

Shattered    prob have to win 3 out of last 4 now        not that confident any more.

WE won 10 last year   at least win 2 more to improve by 20 per cent and reload next year.    Doubt finals this year      Freo game and North game enough said !!!!!!

• Like 1

Leadership throughout the club is not there yet. 

Clutch game yesterday, close not good enough. 

At half time we had them....

so many times attacking from half back a Demon would fumble the ball and Nought would steal it. 

We should have won by 6 goals and we failed dismally. 

Not worthy of September Finals with yesterdays attitude...

• Like 1

We played the ground badly, half the team weren't in the game, forgot how to tackle, they had more players at the ball, Brown kicked straight we missed what we should have kicked, umpires were bewildering, so many players down and we lost by 4 points in a game that was super, super critical to win and to add insult to injury we lose Hogan who was having a red hot go. Absolutely gut wrenching. Why keep bombing it in when it's not working with our inside 50's we should have been 4-5 goals up, some of our players just weren't up to the rough and tumble of North. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything other than the last two minutes from the AFL website, but reading this thread I am not surprised at all.

The scores through the first three quarters seemed to suggest we were doing the right things. Outscored them with the win in Q2 compared to Q1, then kept the damage minimal in Q3 to only be a few points back at the final change.

Then, disgustingly, but somehow still to be expected, we just assumed the wind in Q4 would mean we would win without needing to put in the requisite effort.

I don't understand how, after so many positive developments in so many areas, we can regress to a performance that resembles the Round 22 loss to Carlton last year: so much to play for, terrible opponent on a massive losing streak, and an assumption that we would win by default.

1 hour ago, mongrel said:

Look forward to seeing the over the top reactions of some temper as the week goes on.

We looked flat at times throughout the game and turned the ball over but North won this game. They played better for four quarters, had a better game plan with their forward structure and played the ground far better especially in the last quarter. They were so much more composed then us. Kudos given to North.

This team is going to continue to drop games as they're still young, (missing some experience yesterday which might have helped). It's just a reality. I hope the team can move on quickly and realise they're every chance to beat GWS who looked shaky once again against Freo.

I think if we can make the 8 this season it would be a terrific accomplishment. Clearly we not quite ready to have a greater impact. We can build from there for years to come.

Weren't we only Jones away from being full strength?

1 hour ago, brendan said:

That loss probably cost us a home final will likely play port or swans away 

Fixed.

i know most of the team had absolute mares yesterday.. but seriously .. Watts can gagf. his half assed attempts to win the footy then his non-existent second or third efforts just [censored] me right off. For a guy that had a break out year last year.. if any individual is drinking their own bath water .. it's him. F**KKKK!!!!!

I've calmed down a fair bit from yesterday. Demonland being down probably a good thing to save us from severe overreactions.

Thoughts on the game:

Lost it at the coin toss. It was always going to be easier to defend a lead in that last qtr against really difficult conditions.

The players were very tired in that last qtr and couldn't capitalize on the wind. Same thing happened the year before, it was a carbon copy just less goals kicked.

That ground is a hole and Melbourne should petition not to pay there for a North home game. How about Etihad next time?

Oliver was awesome and almost singlehandedly won us the game. 173 ranking points. Funnily, Jimmy Bartel on 3aw didn't give him a vote.

Lewis didn't "go" in that passage of play. Maybe if he was wearing a Hawks jumper he would've.

It was a tough day for forwards. Tmac easily the best for us.

Watts wasn't that bad, still got 73 ranking points which is almost double what he got last week which was a shocker. Also had 3 tackles, one which was an obvious holding the ball against Thompson but not paid. He'll improve again next week

Hogan's injury is a huge loss right when he was coming back to form. Pedo is a plodder and won't win us games off his own boot.

Petracca didn't play on instinct and over handballed. Worst game for the club.

Trengove is gone. No effect on game at all.

Not sure what's up with Hannan.

And lastly, umpiring was again in their favour. Heaps of bad decisions and non decisions.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I've calmed down a fair bit from yesterday. Demonland being down probably a good thing to save us from severe overreactions.

Thoughts on the game:

Lost it at the coin toss. It was always going to be easier to defend a lead in that last qtr against really difficult conditions.

The players were very tired in that last qtr and couldn't capitalize on the wind. Same thing happened the year before, it was a carbon copy just less goals kicked.

That ground is a hole and Melbourne should petition not to pay there for a North home game. How about Etihad next time?

Oliver was awesome and almost singlehandedly won us the game. 173 ranking points. Funnily, Jimmy Bartel on 3aw didn't give him a vote.

Lewis didn't "go" in that passage of play. Maybe if he was wearing a Hawks jumper he would've.

It was a tough day for forwards. Tmac easily the best for us.

Watts wasn't that bad, still got 73 ranking points which is almost double what he got last week which was a shocker. Also had 3 tackles, one which was an obvious holding the ball against Thompson but not paid. He'll improve again next week

Hogan's injury is a huge loss right when he was coming back to form. Pedo is a plodder and won't win us games off his own boot.

Petracca didn't play on instinct and over handballed. Worst game for the club.

Trengove is gone. No effect on game at all.

Not sure what's up with Hannan.

And lastly, umpiring was again in their favour. Heaps of bad decisions and non decisions.

I missed the start of the game on Radio

Melbourne won the toss and kicked against the wind at a ground we know very little about??

Demons were bad, a lot of players down, and tackling was sloppy! D's just looked flat. Still had our chances. Surprising that TMac was not in backline for qtrs 1&3.

Umpiring just typically disgraceful. This time 24-17 to North, last time 22-12!

Jones, Vince & one of Weideman, Pedersen, Wagner or Smith in, outs Hogan, Trengrove, & Hannan or Harmes!

• Like 1

Flew from Melbourne,  stayed in St. Helen's with family,  took the beautiful 3.5 hour coastal drive to Hobart , life was good.

Knew it would be a lacklustre bog ordinary game due to the wind, and sadly my thoughts rang true. I can barely remember half a dozen quality free flowing pieces of play all day.

We got smashed in centre clearances at times which was surprising considering we gave been great and North have been ordinary all year 

We looked like a team that thought they'd done enough at 3/4 time. They outworked us in the last and deserved the win.

I disagree with a few in here that we needed to lower our eyes more outside 50..... We needed to kick the bloody ball higher and let the wind carry it 70 metres , instead we looked for short pass options that often went to ground.

We often read of young teams tiring in the last few rounds.... Sadly that's exactly how it looked yesterday. Considering what was at stake,  we looked cooked,  flat as a pancake.

The 3 hour drive back to StHelens was not an enjoyable one.

• Like 5

The Good,   Clarry Choo Choo Dark horse Brownlow material

The Bad,     Career worst games for some , inability to beat Nth, Trengove, done, JKH, Not far behind, Harmes, not  quite up to it, Watts hate to say it, might need Casey Time.

The Ugly,    This was a classic 8 piont game, we aren't mentally tough enough and lack some serious X Factor,  don't want it enough!!  SAD! 

I, like many have invested Money and emotional energy into this club but really deep scars still remain,  somehow we just lack die hard get the job done footy nous! Bulldogs proved it can be done , but we just cannot do it! Frustrating!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

No,  we lost the toss. 

The wind makes this the worst ground for footy. The worst I have ever seen.  The mud heap a Moorabbin was better.  

If you win the toss at in Hobart, you win the game.  This must be true in 90% of the games played there.  So predictable and boring.

• Like 2

Disappointing all round. 

Garlett was the only player who can hold his head up. Oliver was ok but not damaging.

Tmac should have been in defense to help out the smalls against the wind. Their 3 talls caused havoc for Frost and Omac

Lewis needs to take a long hard look in the mirror before casting his opinions on others. Too many dropped marks, no second efforts, poor spoiling efforts. (Prefer Vince to play this role)

Gawn was dominant in the ruck but what did we get from it? Needs to ensure our mids get first use and then put the opposition defense under pressure. Too many times ziebell or cunnington walked it out of the middle.

Umpires were........(anything I write will be changed to censored)

Commentary, see umpires comment above. 

Lets hope we never have to travel to Hobart again.  

I think we match up better against a side like GWS. Fingers crossed we can come back from Canberra with 4pts. 

• Like 1

I hope next time we play them Goodwin doesn't trot out the old "the history is irrelevant to this group, they're forging their own journey," rhetorical spiel.

Because, they are now part of that history, the history of our club being North Melbournes b!tches for 17 games straight! 

Next time, how about owning the bloody disgraceful record and pouring the acid on the playing group, get them to fully acknowledge and comprehend that the opposition and the footballing public expect them to lose because "you're expected to because you're seen as North's b!tches."

Try that for a change, Goody. 

If you need some help with the wording, please get in touch.

• Like 4

Worst effort for the year, decision making and application of skills absolutely appalling, all those supporters with hopes of something bigger this year absolutely dashed in one game. The worst thing being they wanted it more in the last quarter.

Some posters object to using the word putrid- so this is for them

disposal - putrid

attitude - putrid

Garletts set shot - putrid

Watts efforts - putrid

the games of Hannan, ANB, Trengove - putrid

umpiring - putrid

Venue - putrid

Norf - putrid

Brad Scott - putrid

• Like 3
  • Love 2