Jump to content




  •  
dpositive

Forum use

Recommended Posts

Hi I'm a bit of a Luddite with  the new technology

thoughtbi had membership and made recent additional donation as I get so much enjoyment from the site.

however ads keep cluttering the screen .

Can I get rid of them?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Don't you like the Date mature women ads?

I believe the site utilises an algorithm which uses your search history to generate ads.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dpositive said:

Hi I'm a bit of a Luddite with  the new technology

thoughtbi had membership and made recent additional donation as I get so much enjoyment from the site.

however ads keep cluttering the screen .

Can I get rid of them?

Thanks

 

I think I can check but if you purchased an annual subscription and didn't renew then you would no longer have the benefit of no ads. If you used to have another about with Demonland that did have a lifetime subscription then try logging in with that account. 

If you want to have no ads then the only way you can remove them is with a lifetime subscription. 

If you can remember what your situation was let me know and I'll see what we can do. 

Thanks for your contribution to Demonland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another quick question, in the topics, sometimes the order is when "started" and other times it's when "posted". How do I make it the last "posted" permanently?

Edited by bringbackthebiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bringbackthebiff said:

Another quick question, in the topics, sometimes the order is when "started" and other times it's when "posted". How do I make it the last "posted" permanently?

Are you referring to the list on the homepage?

If so you can manually change it by clicking the Replies or Topics tab on PC or the clicking the drop down arrow in mobile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I believe the site utilises an algorithm which uses your search history to generate ads.

Oh dear!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Are you referring to the list on the homepage?

If so you can manually change it by clicking the Replies or Topics tab on PC or the clicking the drop down arrow in mobile. 

Perfect - thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also sorry for being slack with replies and updates to ladder and player of the week in homepage. I'm currently away and the beach is calling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all those offering advice.

Have several things to try now .

Not sure of my ability to fix and don't want to bugger up my enjoyment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you're testing but I got a notification 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2017 at 2:51 PM, chookrat said:

Don't you like the Date mature women ads?

I didn't buy a membership so I could specifically see Date Mature Ladies ads......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 2:51 PM, chookrat said:

Don't you like the Date mature women ads?

I bought a lifetime membership to get rid of the ads. Don't know what I'm missing out on!

Perhaps DL can establish another level of membership again that displays only "select" ads. Could be a double earner for the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×