Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday 28th June, 2017

DemonLad5

6 hours ago, CityDee said:

Just quietly viney could have a serious injury . No source . 

Just the "vibe " is it Dennis Denuto. Keep your un sourced opinions to yourself. 

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

The competition is so close this year, I  am taking nothing for granted until Rd 23

12 wins will get us to finals. I hope it doesn't come down to round 23 to get the twelfth.

9 hours ago, ProDee said:

If you have no source why would you even bother posting this ?

He either does or he doesn't.  If he does, he won't play, if he doesn't he will.

You can play with a broken collarbone if you can handle the pain . That's what I think I had seen . Not a lot you can do for that injury. I hope I'm wrong . 

3 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Just the "vibe " is it Dennis Denuto. Keep your un sourced opinions to yourself. 

It looked like a collar bone to me . No opinions allowed on demonland?  I hope my ' opinion' is incorrect 

2 minutes ago, CityDee said:

You can play with a broken collarbone if you can handle the pain . That's what I think I had seen . Not a lot you can do for that injury. I hope I'm wrong . 

If they thought it was a broken collarbone do you think there's a chance they would have sent him for a scan ?

On 2017-6-28 at 2:47 PM, Satyriconhome said:

How about White in for Salem and Josh Wagner replaces Hunt at the back and Hunt goes forward

:o

Hay Saty, can you do me a favour and pick 6 numbers between 1 and 45?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ProDee said:

If they thought it was a broken collarbone do you think there's a chance they would have sent him for a scan ?

Yeah they'd scan him tell everyone and then send him out to play! Not

1 minute ago, CityDee said:

Well chap I watched him doing clearance drills with no obvious pain or discomfort

Shared a joke with him when he kept putting his arm round supporters who wanted a selfie

And Goodwin would not risk him

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Well chap I watched him doing clearance drills with no obvious pain or discomfort

Shared a joke with him when he kept putting his arm round supporters who wanted a selfie

And Goodwin would not risk him

Thank you Saty your word is good enough for me . 

58 minutes ago, CityDee said:

You're being silly.  Goody doesn't play ducks and drakes with players that clearly won't play, which is why he ruled out Watts, Garlett, and Hogan on Wednesday.  And he wouldn't send an important player out with a serious injury when he wants them ripe for potential finals.

Viney's collision was hardly hidden from Sydney or any other club.

But they decided to not bother sending him for scans because he pulled up so well.  

The Russians aren't lying underneath your bed.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CityDee said:

It looked like a collar bone to me . No opinions allowed on demonland?  I hope my ' opinion' is incorrect 

God forbid it could be a collarbone !!!  We welcome all opinions.... some we just don't want to believe might be correct. Especially something catastrophic about Viney 

10 hours ago, Webber said:

Don't know which leg. It's not really an injury you can carry and get away with. I reckon all our players are kicking more on the non-preferred this year. Seems to have been a focus pre-season. 

In the Footscray game, they put the ice pack high up on his right thigh.

3 hours ago, ProDee said:

And of course he may well have had a scan and the club not told the world.

But he has been selected, and is one tough bugger, so unless it was impossible for him to use his arm he will play.

9 hours ago, monoccular said:

But he has been selected, and is one tough bugger, so unless it was impossible for him to use his arm he will play.

You state the obvious.

But when I see a player interviewed that I've seen interviewed dozens of times, state the very next morning that it felt so good they decided not to have a scan, I feel I've been around long enough to form a calculated view as to the veracity of the comments.  Especially when a scan in and of itself is so unremarkable that players of every club have them most weeks.

You, and others, can form your own conclusions.  And leave me to mine.

Edited by ProDee

You can be sure that Swans will be lining up to have a crack at Viney's shoulder.

Do you think they'd be stupid enough to let us get away with the Lin Jong trick in last year's VFL GF?

21 hours ago, leucopogon said:

I have faith that Kent will perform the necessary pressure acts if recalled. Let's not forget he was one of our best forward pressure players two years ago before his hammy went snap against the tigers. He's got pace (which everyone seems to think is the key to unlocking the Swans defence) and is always good for at least a goal or two as well.

Go Deano!

Disagree - at his best, Kent certainly has the pace you mentioned, was good for at least a goal or two as your said but he has never ever been one of our best forward pressure players and that is why he has been playing in magoos. Jeffy's lapses in defensive pressure last year landed him in the two's . This seems to be a non negotiable for Goodwin.

The comments from Plapp have suggested that Kent has been working on "certain areas of his game"  and doing much better  - it is no secret what that is - forward pressure - something that has been absent.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2017 at 11:56 AM, Satyriconhome said:

Pedo is fine

Hannan is fine

No Watts, got nothing when I asked

Garlett 50/50

Hoges said next week to everybody who asked including me

Viney is more than fine

White and Wagner trained with AFL side when they split at end of session

On 28/06/2017 at 0:19 PM, Satyriconhome said:

No, but means nothing, Hogan could be lying, he looks super fit, only additions to last weeks team seemed to be Wagner and White

At end of session 'Casey' team break away to have 10 min run together

On 28/06/2017 at 0:20 PM, Satyriconhome said:

Don't think JKH will be in

On 28/06/2017 at 2:47 PM, Satyriconhome said:

How about White in for Salem and Josh Wagner replaces Hunt at the back and Hunt goes forward

On 28/06/2017 at 2:56 PM, Satyriconhome said:

Well Kent, JKH and Kennedy stayed with Casey group at end, but could be smokescreen I suppose

Credit where it's due. Well done Saty. It's posters like you who watch and analyse training who make Demonland valuable to those of us who can't get to training. The one comment above which is yet to be fulfilled is Hunt playing forward tonight. But given your strike rate, I now expect that to be the case.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, John Dee said:

In the Footscray game, they put the ice pack high up on his right thigh.

I think Jones' quad was done in the incident where he smothered Lin Jong and his leg collided with Jong's knee. He tried playing out the game and came off late. No idea if thats correct but watched him closely after that collision and he was sore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, monoccular said:

That doesn't really happen, the media are camped outside of Olympic Park Sports Medicine and would know. Goody has also shown that he doesn't play games re selection etc.

10 hours ago, ProDee said:

You state the obvious.

But when I see a player interviewed that I've seen interviewed dozens of times, state the very next morning that it felt so good they decided not to have a scan, I feel I've been around long enough to form a calculated view as to the veracity of the comments.  Especially when a scan in and of itself is so unremarkable that players of every club have them most weeks.

You, and others, can form your own conclusions.  And leave me to mine.

Pro. I think we are on the same page, and our conclusions are the same 

11 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Credit where it's due. Well done Saty. It's posters like you who watch and analyse training who make Demonland valuable to those of us who can't get to training. The one comment above which is yet to be fulfilled is Hunt playing forward tonight. But given your strike rate, I now expect that to be the case.

I dont, but to (allmost) paraphrase that great thinker, meat loaf, 3 out 4 aint bad

Edited by binman

12 hours ago, ProDee said:

You're being silly.  Goody doesn't play ducks and drakes with players that clearly won't play, which is why he ruled out Watts, Garlett, and Hogan on Wednesday.  And he wouldn't send an important player out with a serious injury when he wants them ripe for potential finals.

Viney's collision was hardly hidden from Sydney or any other club.

But they decided to not bother sending him for scans because he pulled up so well.  

The Russians aren't lying underneath your bed.

You are wrong my friend - as I was about the injurie to Viney most likely but when Jones broke his neck he had a scan it was decided that he could play on as the injury couldnt be repaired until a long layoff - collar bone is a similar injury so they would play ducks and drakes if it was the the case but as Saty said highly unlikely that that is the injury .

Did anyone know Jones had a broken neck? 

24 minutes ago, CityDee said:

You are wrong my friend - as I was about the injurie to Viney most likely but when Jones broke his neck he had a scan it was decided that he could play on as the injury couldnt be repaired until a long layoff - collar bone is a similar injury so they would play ducks and drakes if it was the the case but as Saty said highly unlikely that that is the injury .

Did anyone know Jones had a broken neck? 

So you're saying they assess injuries on a case by case matter ?

What a revelation.

• Like 2