Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 14

Demonland

26 minutes ago, Brownie said:

about 2.24 left in the final quarter, viney flung a tackler off his injured shoulder like he was a piece of skid marked bog paper

I saw that....but I didn't see it quite the way you described it ?

• Like 1

Had dinner guests tonight and told everybody don't tell what's happening. Ijust watched foxtel intil the last 2 minutes and hats all it recorded ... I picked up my . phone to see what had happened , said a silent prayer and ... what a feeling , what feeling ! Can someone relay to me, who goaled and how!

• Like 1

Wow if you said at the start of the season we would go to perth to play Wc without Viney or Watts or Hogan and win I would have never believed it. 

I said when we were 16 points down we need to do a sydney and kick the last 3 and we did. That pack mark from Pedo was huge. 

Oh my god Tommy 5 goals and that sealer was brilliant. Just knows how to lead and he does it up the middle. 

Viney wow I was wondering how he would go not having Jones there but he just lead from go to woe and played a captains game. I hope his shoulder is ok but there is no doubt he will want to be out there next week. That collision with Hurn was nothing. The ball was up in the air and both jumped for it. 

I just cannot believe it. Wow what a fantastic win and I liked the fact as soon as Tom kicked the goal the players switched on and ran back to defence. 

Also Lewis was just frustrating all night but he did the best thing and the most important he took that mark back in defence on the siren. 

Interestingly they spoke to oliver and he said he was just shocked to get that clip and the doctor actually checked out the mouth and said there was some contact. 

How calm is Goodwin in the box? They mentioned it tonight that they have never seen him lose it in the box and I remember Watts saying a few weeks ago that he is so calm. That probably helps the players to. 

Cannot wait to read about it in the papers tomorrow. Just watching the last 2 minutes again off the afl site. 

Bring on next friday night. Lets get a big crowd and make some noise and get the boys home. Its going to be huge. 

We are actually a proper footy club now. The belief is there and the enjoyment is back. 

• Like 7

Wowee-omg what a game, my daughter god love her just saw her first Melbourne win in Perth, I've seen 1 live, at the WACA back in the 80s I think, bloody hell! That last minute was unbelievable, we were at that end, in the pocket, the noise was incredible, women were screaming everyone was screaming, it was deafening and then Tommy with brute strength kicks that goal and I swear to god our small party sounded like we filled that bay it was magnificent.

• Like 20

Anyone else in London? I just wanna find another Dees fan to hug and sing the song!!!! Wearing my club polo so if you see me let's get it going!!! :lol:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, layzie said:

I just love that here's so many others here who have been through all the dark times and know what this means 

Yep years ago I used to go thinking it was a good day if we lost by 10 goals. That horrible horrible day down in Geelong now feels like a life time ago. 

Now it just feels weird that we are winning. We are a bloody good side and it's nice to enjoy going ot the footy again. 

• Like 4

Just got home from a concert with Marina Prior & David Hobson.  Yes, missed the match for the concert!  But, so did David, who is a Dees tragic!  He announced to the crowd that he was a little distracted tonight, as he had to keep an eye on the game!  I had my daughter feeding me scores via text.  Made it hard to concentrate on the concert!  naturally David (and Me!) was very happy to announce Melb had won!  I was about the only person in the crowd to celebrate with him!  Shall now wade through the comments and watch the replay, and find out what all the fuss was about.  Very happy tonight!!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ViaLoop said:

After doing the hard yards at work tonight and driving home, my phone just went nuts with messages! Finally got to see the last two minutes and then the song being sung, insane feeling. Left with a massive grin.

They are building. This all has a certain feeling about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmi7FlaXZ3I__NuMhvXIo

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Forest Demon said:

Wowsers. What a win. Yes, they left the door open, but we had injuries and numerous other factors against us, and we still found a way. 

Friday night against Sydney will be huge now.

No way - the door was nailed shut thanks to the Eagles 3 best players on the ground (ie the umpires)

BUT WE KICKED THE [CENSORED] DOOR DOWN AND BURST ON IN!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

Can't even discuss the actual game yet, only how the win felt.

I was at the ground. I brought a ticket through Ticketmaster and some how ended up sitting in an Eagles reserved seating section. I literally could not see another Melbourne supporter. I was by myself. I cheered everything we did and got stared at, people whispered about me, one woman asked her husband if they could move away. I wasn't badly behaved. I was just passionate.

Because those Eagles supporters they don't understand - I fell in love with this footy club in 1987. I was sitting with my old man on the half forward flank when Jimmy ran over the mark and Buckenara kicked the goal in the Prelim. I've sat through horrible horrible performances - multiple 100 point floggings at the G (just 4 years ago). I'd do it all again for that win, and the effort and energy we showed to drag ourselves over the line in that last quarter.

When Tommy Mac kicked the last goal I went bananas. And then when the siren went I went absolutely ballistic. You know those sad people at sporting events going nuts who you think 'calm down mate, maybe you need more going on in your life'? - that was me!

Im pretty sure I looked like the slow mo of Stevie J when he kicked the sealer a couple of weeks back - but in real time.

It was ugly. I don't care. That was an absolute delight.

I love this footy club, and I love that I at least have a place on the internet to share something like this with people who get it.

Go The Dees. I believe. 

Was that you behind the goals in the Eagles area when TMac kicked the last goal. Someone there was jumping up and down fist pumping like a champion. With sad faces all around him. Loved it!

• Like 7

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-06-24/skippers-clash-in-heavy-collision

I've watched the Viney/Hurn incident a number of times and I'm afraid he might cop a week or 2. His eyes were on the ball but I think the fact that he jumped and got air and then hit Hurn's head hard with his hip will cost him. Don't think a pirouette will save him this time.

• Like 1

Goodwin said in his presser watts should be good for next week and when asked about Hogan he said he could be back the week after. Also Viney said on the afl site he should be good to go next week. But who to drop I dont know. 

The downer was Salem. When is this kid going to get a break from injuries? Gee he is important for us. 

• Like 2

That was incredible. Hands still shaking, heart still pumping like I'm Phar Lap and I'm rounding the last bend, smile still as wide as the Bolte bloody Bridge.

TMac and Pedo were both immense in those last ten minutes, but it was Viney and Oliver around the ball who truly won it for us. All through that incredible arm wrestle of stoppage after stoppage on their half forward flank, as the clock ticked from four minutes down to two, I just knew, I just f'ing KNEW, that we would be the team to break free and take the ball away. And who was it? Viney, to Oliver, and away. Brilliant, both of them.

Credit to West Coast, they're tougher than I thought … but credit to us, we're even tougher still.

How long since you could say that about the Demons? God, I love it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I've watched the Viney/Hurn incident a number of times and I'm afraid he might cop a week or 2. His eyes were on the ball but I think the fact that he jumped and got air and then hit Hurn's head hard with his hip will cost him. Don't think a pirouette will save him this time.

Admin pls censor this post ?

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I've watched the Viney/Hurn incident a number of times and I'm afraid he might cop a week or 2. His eyes were on the balls but I think the fact that he jumped and got air and then hit Hurn's head hard with his hip will cost him. Don't think a pirouette will save him this time.

If his eye was on the ball that should save him, collisions happen in footy if he goes for that it's time to burn down afl house 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, brendan said:

If his eye was on the ball that should save him, collisions happen in footy if he goes for that it's time to burn down afl house 

I get that but they also don't like the jumping and making contact with the head. Might come down to the medical report from the Eagles and they might be pissed at the result.

• Like 1