Jump to content

Demonland

Social Media Wars

Recommended Posts

Secret is to use that tactic sparingly. 

Pick your target at the right time for Max Power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes i saw that. Can't imagine that happening whilst Schwab was around!

"put your Blazer on Jack..You are representing the club"

Schwab would have made them front up to a shaming press conference.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda doubting Buggie will do this again.  From what Goody said in the post game presser, I think he's of the view that, while it may have been just innocent banter between mates, it can be misunderstood and misconstrued, and have the undesired effect of reflecting negatively on the Club's desire to be seen as "humble and respectful" (Goody's words).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I beginning to find i could care less about any profferings of one Garry Lyon.

Kinda funny he espousing his ideologies considering how he went about footy. Hmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was pretty subtle really. He knew JJ had pressure on him - as he didn't have a great game last week. Bugg just heaped a little more on JJ. I don't see anything particularly shameful about it. It was a good ploy. Bugg clearly revels in it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a mountain out of a molehill but I didn't like it when I saw it pre-game. 

The fact that the players got 'a little talking to' (Watts' words) about it suggests the coaches are of the same opinion.

Best let your football do the talking for you, especially when, as others have pointed out, we haven't achieved anything yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it. Had my doubts about Buggy, but he's shown he's up for the challenge. Move over Ballantyne, I reckon Bugg's grown the biggest set of pesticles in the league.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

Love it. Had my doubts about Buggy, but he's shown he's up for the challenge. Move over Ballantyne, I reckon Bugg's grown the biggest set of pesticles in the league.

pesticles. I like it.

Mind if I use it on the next Demonland Podcast. Credit will be given.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved it, but only because we won.

If we lost, i would have hated it.

But we won so i loved it.

Go you good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Jack Watts interview on MFC "“I didn’t actually know what he wrote on the photo until post-game, when we got a little talking to,” he said.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

I beginning to find i could care less about any profferings of one Garry Lyon.

Kinda funny he espousing his ideologies considering how he went about footy. Hmmm

As I said previously, you know it's eating him alive that the club no longer comes to him asking for advice. 

The Hollywood Boulevarde/MCC old school tie coalition will be VERY chirpy should the wheels come off this rebuild. PJ basically purged them all (besides Todd Viney, the only one who has been part of a premiership winning club). There will be resentment from the fact that PJ didn't rate what they were doing and didn't accept that they 'loved the club' as a good enough reason to be retained.

If the wheels start to wobble, look out if the Gaz man gets behind a microphone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point I find interesting in all this is that before the bounce Wood and Hunter put Bugg down twice and Wood then pushed him in the back to the ground again. All of this with an umpire a few feet away watching.

How the hell is there not a free kick for all of that. Umpire just watches and does nothing. Absolute joke. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Storm. Tea cup.

Loved it. Imagine having players with personality? What is the world coming too.

I'm all for it as well but had we copped the ten goal thumping and Watts and Bugg played terribly then this thread would have a whole different nature to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

The point I find interesting in all this is that before the bounce Wood and Hunter put Bugg down twice and Wood then pushed him in the back to the ground again. All of this with an umpire a few feet away watching.

How the hell is there not a free kick for all of that. Umpire just watches and does nothing. Absolute joke. 

It was before the siren went, so the game had not officially started and hence no free kick can be paid. Was wondering the same thing until I realised that. 
It was masterful from Bugg. Drew all the attention onto himself, sucked it all up because he's a tough bugger, and let his teammates run around playing their own games with less attention targeted at them. He was a key reason we won so convincingly yesterday and should be given more credit. He's a little genius!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Demonland said:

pesticles. I like it.

Mind if I use it on the next Demonland Podcast. Credit will be given.

No problem at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of this game is between the ears. Someone managed to get between theirs and have a little play.

Well done Sir ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vagg said:

I'm kinda doubting Buggie will do this again.  From what Goody said in the post game presser, I think he's of the view that, while it may have been just innocent banter between mates, it can be misunderstood and misconstrued, and have the undesired effect of reflecting negatively on the Club's desire to be seen as "humble and respectful" (Goody's words).

Just saw Jack Viney's presser from this morning.  He backed up my comments above.  And, he again rolled out the "Humble & Respectful" phrase.  So, think we can pretty much take it as a given that there won't be any repeats of this, at least in the near future.

Edited by Vagg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont care much about humility out there...and respectful ?

Of what who and for why ?

Bugger the lot of them says I. We're MELBOURNE.. everyone else isn't. As if i care one iota for the lot of others combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it great that his name is Bugg and he is a pest, love his buy in to do whatever it takes, almost self sacrificing his own reputation to play that annoying little hard nut role. Finds himself in good positions to kick goals too, if he'd kicked a bit straighter could have had a couple of bags of four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

It was before the siren went, so the game had not officially started and hence no free kick can be paid. Was wondering the same thing until I realised that. 
It was masterful from Bugg. Drew all the attention onto himself, sucked it all up because he's a tough bugger, and let his teammates run around playing their own games with less attention targeted at them. He was a key reason we won so convincingly yesterday and should be given more credit. He's a little genius!

What I enjoyed most about this, is that Bugg wasn't even playing on JJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

It was before the siren went, so the game had not officially started and hence no free kick can be paid. Was wondering the same thing until I realised that. 
 

That is not correct as a free kick can be paid before the game starts.

15.1.3 When a Free Kick May be Awarded

A Free Kick may be awarded when the football is or is not in play. For the avoidance of doubt, a Free Kick may be awarded:

(a) if an infringement occurs on the Playing Surface before the commencement of a quarter, in which case the Free Kick shall be taken at the Centre Circle or where the infringement occurred, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team; and

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Redleg said:

The point I find interesting in all this is that before the bounce Wood and Hunter put Bugg down twice and Wood then pushed him in the back to the ground again. All of this with an umpire a few feet away watching.

How the hell is there not a free kick for all of that. Umpire just watches and does nothing. Absolute joke. 

I'll take the free in the goal square anyday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I dont care much about humility out there...and respectful ?

Of what who and for why ?

Bugger the lot of them says I. We're MELBOURNE.. everyone else isn't. As if i care one iota for the lot of others combined.

Well, BB, clearly the powers at be (including coaches and player leadership group) beg to differ.  They clearly see the need to be a team that is respected both on and off the field.  That includes not being "big heads" and showing due respect to the opposition.  Doesn't, of course, mean we are at all soft.  People mistakenly confuse humility with weakness.  Couldn't be further from the truth!  I, for one, am impressed by the message being sent by Captain & Coach.  Says a lot about the character of our guys, and I'm proud of 'em for it!

Edited by Vagg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vagg said:

Well, BB, clearly the powers at be (including coaches and player leadership group) beg to differ.  They clearly see the need to be a team that is respected both on and off the field.  That includes not being "big heads" and showing due respect to the opposition.  Doesn't, of course, mean we are at all soft.  People mistakenly confuse humility with weakness.  Couldn't be further from the truth!  I, for one, am impressed by the message being sent by Captain & Coach.  Says a lot about the character of our guys, and I'm proud of 'em for it!

Thats all official 'nicespeak' 

Sporting P-correctness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×