Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Round 12: Non-MFC games

What

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

It is Essendon the club!  Look at what has happened since the drug saga:

• made heroes of drug cheats,
  • got 10 top up players for the ousted drug cheats which other affected clubs were denied
  • they were allowed to keep top up players without using draft picks or trades,
  • were rewarded for cheating with the #1 draft pick (and top picks in subsequent rounds and rookie draft),
  • have nauseating pre-game 'events' (walk from the G, Hird Academy kids, etc),
  • in cohort with the AFL have silenced journo's who dare whisper a negative Ess comment;
  • lobbied for and gifted 10 prime time FTA games, 
  • lobbied for and gifted umpteen home games at the G vs big Vic clubs to further fill their $ coffers.

Move on? Yep, have moved on from the drug saga. Players did their time.

But the club screwed up big time and the list above shows how much they have been rewarded for - that is what sticks in my craw!

Nice post - I don't see it this way - and I guess I am trying to convince you to see it differently - or have a slightly different perspective... not that I expect you to :)

The AFL is a commercial entity and will always protect 'the brand' (i say with a massive drawwwllll and eyes glazed over)

Because of this and because Essendon give great $$ injections (hah! subtle)  

• lobbied for and gifted umpteen home games at the G vs big Vic clubs to further fill their $ coffers.

Points 7 and 8 - That is the AFL - not Essendon

Point 1 - I would argue that the media get to write a new narrative about being heroes or not (and it depends which media you read...) and naturally individuals within Essendon will promote that...

Point 2 - Again its the AFL - there is no way commercially that a team was not going to be fielded. 

Point 3 - Again the AFL sign off on this

Point 4 - Essendon would happy push this agenda and again the AFL agreed to this, or failed to put in caveats based on the circumstance of 'how they were to finish last'.

Point 5 - not sure what this means - do we have nauseating pre game events - The Big Freeze? Breast Cancer Awareness - Essendon are allowed to capitalise from a marketing perspective on what ever they want to develop - this is totally seperate from what occured

Point 6 - I dunno, I read The Guardian a bit, erm, Chip Le Grand wasn't silenced - nor Caroline...

Personally Im angry at the AFL as complicit as they were, but if anything, I am just apathetic because it was never going to turn out any other way.

3 hours ago, Fifty-5 said:

Clarko reduced to sooking about the umps - worse than Scott bros. It's gonna be sweet schadenfreude for years.

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Really, that's great from the Coach of one of the best umpire treated teams of the last decade.

This is why coaches should have no say whatsoever in the rules of the game. Ultimately they are hypocrites. They aren't interested in the betterment of the game. They're interested in win/loss and little else.

That's why we had sub players for a while -- coaches whined they were hampered by in-game injuries -- and then why we didn't have the sub player -- coaches whined they had a player sitting there doing nothing.

That's why the bounce will soon be gone from the game. Those nasty crooked bounces upsetting all those clever set plays in the middle. Random bounce bad! (When the bounce goes, look forward to more congestion and ugly rolling mauls after each "tip off".)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jara said:

It wasn't the drug taking that annoyed me - I presume that was the work of their mad semi-scientist - as much as the club's consistent refusal to acknowledge that they'd done anything wrong, their efforts to blame everybody else, their burial of the evidence. The evidence! I always come back to that. They must have it somewhere - can't believe anybody would give hundreds of injections and not record what they were. I've always thought that Dank was so stupid, he just didn't know what was legal and what wasn't (as proved in the Baker/Mackenzie (forget which one:( ) interview.

Dank had a thing going called the "AOD project". He had or nearly had Hird and Evans signed on as investors. Presumed to be a scheme whereby teams of athletes are injected with an illegal-but-somehow-legal drug turning them into supermen. Then sell the scheme to sporting teams all over the globe.

Now why would anyone doing that NOT keep records even if only for the very prosaic reason of knowing exactly the minimum spend on the drugs to get the required effects.

1 hour ago, Jara said:

Friends (and wives) of mine who are health professionals say the first thing you're taught is that you record every micro-millimetre of every substance you put into people's bodies.  

Key word that may explain all.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Danelska said:

The AFL is a commercial entity and will always protect 'the brand' (i say with a massive drawwwllll and eyes glazed over)

Point 2 - Again its the AFL - there is no way commercially that a team was not going to be fielded. 

One of their clubs tried to cheat their way to a flag and the AFL helped them cover it up and then gave them a huge leg up to get back to full strength.

And they have the hide to carp on about "integrity".

Thanks FIFA. Sorry, meant AFL. Damn spell checker.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

deledio has torn his 'good' calf; you'd presume that's his 2017 cooked

So they've lost both Deledio and Griffen for the season with chronic injuries.  Both their careers may be in doubt now, they arent young anymore.

GWS wont miss a beat without them.

14 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Dank had a thing going called the "AOD project". He had or nearly had Hird and Evans signed on as investors. Presumed to be a scheme whereby teams of athletes are injected with an illegal-but-somehow-legal drug turning them into supermen. Then sell the scheme to sporting teams all over the globe.

Now why would anyone doing that NOT keep records even if only for the very prosaic reason of knowing exactly the minimum spend on the drugs to get the required effects.

Key word that may explain all.

What did that stand for? Australian Ongoing Drug project....

14 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Unfortunately Essendon have an advantage over us in the race for a finals campaign: they were gifted an easier draw after artificially finishing dead last in 2016.

That means more games against against crap opposition, more opportunities for percentage boosters and in such an even season that's critical.

Their double up games are against Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Adelaide and Fremantle.

Ours are against Carlton, Collingwood, Adelaide, North Melbourne, St Kilda.

Ours are worse, but not by that much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

I really wish Tipungwiti wore a different jumper. Its hard not to like him even though he plays for the Essendope scum.

Hes their very own Austin Woneamirri.

I like him too but he was one of their top up players and they should have had to draft him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

It is Essendon the club!  Look at what has happened since the drug saga:

• made heroes of drug cheats,
  • got 10 top up players for the ousted drug cheats which other affected clubs were denied
  • they were allowed to keep top up players without using draft picks or trades,
  • were rewarded for cheating with the #1 draft pick (and top picks in subsequent rounds and rookie draft),
  • have nauseating pre-game 'events' (walk from the G, Hird Academy kids, etc),
  • in cohort with the AFL have silenced journo's who dare whisper a negative Ess comment;

Move on? Yep, have moved on from the drug saga. Players did their time.

But the club screwed up big time and the list above shows how much they have been rewarded for - that is what sticks in my craw!

Yay, what a post! Well put.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danelska said:

Nice post - I don't see it this way - and I guess I am trying to convince you to see it differently - or have a slightly different perspective... not that I expect you to :)

Because of this and because Essendon give great $$ injections (hah! subtle)  

Points 7 and 8 - That is the AFL - not Essendon

Point 1 - I would argue that the media get to write a new narrative about being heroes or not (and it depends which media you read...) and naturally individuals within Essendon will promote that...

Point 4 - Essendon would happy push this agenda and again the AFL agreed to this, or failed to put in caveats based on the circumstance of 'how they were to finish last'.

Point 5 - not sure what this means - do we have nauseating pre game events - The Big Freeze? Breast Cancer Awareness - Essendon are allowed to capitalise from a marketing perspective on what ever they want to develop - this is totally seperate from what occured

Point 6 - I dunno, I read The Guardian a bit, erm, Chip Le Grand wasn't silenced - nor Caroline...

Personally Im angry at the AFL as complicit as they were, but if anything, I am just apathetic because it was never going to turn out any other way.

Nathan Lovett Murray has not moved on and nor should he...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

deledio has torn his 'good' calf; you'd presume that's his 2017 cooked

That Richmond Doctor is a genius.

"Yeah, Dimmer... Get what you can for him."

22 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

How great is the naming/timing of the James Hird Academy? It's such a perfect metaphor.

"Had a huge weekend. Spent the whole time at the James Hird Academy"

"Mate it was awesome. It was the full on James Hird experience. First I invited in some dodgy fast talking bloke without qualifications and he juiced up a bunch of blokes. I didn't bother to find out what with. But I did some juice meself and I'm still coming down if you get my meaning. Then I got my club into the worst crisis it's ever been in and refused to take responsibility. And now I'm getting paid to go to France to study and score meself a whole new family! It's fully sick!!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hardtack said:

For the superstitious or numerologists among us, there were three interesting results that would have been perfect except Port had to go and mess it up...

Crows 111 Saints 54

Lions 121 Dockers 64

Bummers 131 (see a pattern emerging?)   Port 61 (party poopers)

Dees 141 Pies 74 would be fine by me ... :)

• Like 2

D Russell is such a c @ck.... Silvani bumped SJ who fell over playing for a free as he tends to do.... Silvani hurt himself 2 mins later. Ddeeerrwwwaayynnneee said "karma".. such a chit bloke, Steven J has been doing the bumping for years and he got a soft one back.

1 minute ago, Cards13 said:

D Russell is such a c @ck.... Silvani bumped SJ who fell over playing for a free as he tends to do.... Silvani hurt himself 2 mins later. Ddeeerrwwwaayynnneee said "karma".. such a chit bloke, Steven J has been doing the bumping for years and he got a soft one back.

Came to say the same thing. What a [censored]. 

We've all been bagging 7 commentators, then Derwayne comes along and reminds us where the bottom of the barrel is. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Came to say the same thing. What a [censored]. 

We've all been bagging 7 commentators, then Derwayne comes along and reminds us where the bottom of the barrel is. 

Terrible bloke and terrible career.

Will he say the same if Mumford goes down injured now?

Although I come from a generational hatred of all things Collingwood, I reserve my deepest loathings for Essendon and Carlton. This season I have had to alter my position slightlythis year is because I really admire the coaching of Worsfold and Bolton. There just seems to be a synergy and game plan understood by all and they play to it. You can almost see the coaches in the brand of footy played. Northey and the Dees of the 80's were in sync. Daniher and the Dees of the late 90's > were connected. 

But I have a slowly emerging distaste for all things North Melbourne and GWS that will not go away. GWS annoy the carp out of me, and knowing they are built on AFL revenue, lifted high as an example, polished up as "nationalisong the game",  and brimming with talent denied other clubs, riles me deep. So I find myself barracking for Carlton! Me barracking for Carlton is like Bruce being silent when Cyril gets the ball. Footy is changing. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Although I come from a generational hatred of all things Collingwood, I reserve my deepest loathings for Essendon and Carlton. This season I have had to alter my position slightlythis year is because I really admire the coaching of Worsfold and Bolton. There just seems to be a synergy and game plan understood by all and they play to it. You can almost see the coaches in the brand of footy played. Northey and the Dees of the 80's were in sync. Daniher and the Dees of the late 90's > were connected. 

But I have a slowly emerging distaste for all things North Melbourne and GWS that will not go away. GWS annoy the carp out of me, and knowing they are built on AFL revenue, lifted high as an example, polished up as "nationalisong the game",  and brimming with talent denied other clubs, riles me deep. So I find myself barracking for Carlton! Me barracking for Carlton is like Bruce being silent when Cyril gets the ball. Footy is changing. 

Yea happy to see the blue baggers improving under Bolton who seems a good coach. 

I'll never want to ESS win another game. Worsfold coached at Eagles during a terrible drug infested culture that destroyed a number of lives. Would be preaching accountability but I wonder what accountability he takes for what occurred during his tenure. 

• Like 6