Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Rohan, Tippett & Reid

goodwindees

Have a very good source at the Swans and let me assure you that these 3 are gone at end of the year.  Swans want them out at almost any price. 

Josh Kennedy has had a big blue with Tippett over his lack of physicality. All came to a head against Hawks when big Kurt was the only player that didn't buy into the crash into Luke Hodge at every opportunity strategy.  Not only wouldn't do it but criticised it as a strategy. 

Playing group has lost trust in Rohan, some even call him Whiskas.

They've also come to conclusion that Reid is more of a distraction and sick of him not being able to complete games  

It's easy to be seduced by all 3 as at their best they all have what we need but each represent a significant risk.  I guess it depends on what you'd have to trade and pay  

• Like 3

Don't want any of these

Pass

• Like 3

Big claims from the OP and will be interesting to see if they are borne out. Gotta at least respect that Goodwindees is being unequivocal, that those players are definitely gone.

If true or even partly true it is an interesting side note on how well, or not, Sydney's famed culture is going to cope with a period of not getting to assume a place in the top 4 year on year. Looks like a few people aren't drinking the COLA-aid anymore.

I'd be interested in Rohan, in that he is a rare type of player who could add an extra dimension to confuse our opposition. But I'm not going to do any pumping him up - a realistically useful player if at a realistic price, and that price would need to reflect that by 2018 he might not crack our 22.

• Like 2

Even with the extra $s through the new collective bargaining agreement, clubs like the Swans who are paying massive sums for the likes of Buddy and Tippett need to open up salary cap space and therefore some players will inevitably find themselves on the trade table.

I expect many will believe we're in great shape and won't go for any of these, citing Rohan as busted, Tippet as soft and/or crap and Reid as just not that good.

I think we're half a dozen pieces away from being a premiership side. If the club sees any of them as fitting the bill, and I suspect Tippet will be a good example of the ruck/forward we need, then I'll back them.

But if we miss out, no skin off my nose.

• Like 2

All 3 just as average as our average !

The whole list management thing is really framed well by this thread. If you assume that with free agency how it is, we ARE going to lose players we don't want to see gone, and get players we wouldn't have dreamed of being able to get in the future... it just makes me think of which ones we have to absolutely be certain of keeping, under all circumstances. Think Oliver, Hogan, Petracca, Viney, Gawn, Hibberd, TMac, Hunt, Garlett, Jetta, Salem... Do we count Brayshaw? Let's say we do. That's 12. Even if you disagree with some names and prefer others, I reckon most would have a core of 12 or thereabouts.

When you consider it like that, and that the turnover of players is inevitable, it becomes easier to slot in other players for 3 years here and there. Even the Bulldogs do it. 

Just now, Skuit said:

An easier solution would be if we just convinced Josh Kennedy to come to us and leave the other three behind. 

I'll take Parker over Josh...

Do you ever sleep?

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

Whenever I close my eyes I have nightmares about Ollie Wines. It's best to just stay awake.

Someone needs to do a meme of Freddy Kreuger with Wines' face superimposed.

At 25 years old I think Sam Reid would be worth a look. He can play forward/ruck, and he does fill a need. Serious upside to Reid, and I think a lot of people simply write him off because of past injuries. Look past that and you will see a rare athlete, and a footballer of great upside. For that right price I think Reid would be a great fit for our club.

• Like 3

Tippet would be a great get at a reasonable price. Would you rather him or Spencer as a backup? He's proven to the league he's no guaranteed starter in a talented team but as a backup he'd be useful.

Probably prefer Reid, though.

8 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Even with the extra $s through the new collective bargaining agreement, clubs like the Swans who are paying massive sums for the likes of Buddy and Tippett need to open up salary cap space and therefore some players will inevitably find themselves on the trade table.

The swans are really paying massive overs for Buddy when you consider what he brings and how good he is.  He would be on 1 -1.2m a year, they are definitely not paying overs especially with the increase in the cap

9 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

The swans are really paying massive overs for Buddy when you consider what he brings and how good he is.  He would be on 1 -1.2m a year, they are definitely not paying overs especially with the increase in the cap

Wouldn't say WJ said they are paying overs, he just said a large sum of money. I would have thought 1 -1.2 mil is a large sum of money.

Rohan signed a 3 year deal at the end of last year running out in 2020, I'd say he's the least likely to be moved. He is the 1 of the 3 who I'd like the most though, but every-time it looks like he's about to go to an elite or at leave very good level he gets some sort of injury again. He is very quick (we know that), but also is very good overhead, as a high half forward he could add an extra element we don't really have at the moment, ANB, AVB, Kent, Harmes and Hannan all have some qualities (good mark, pressure or speed) but none really have all 3, that's where a fully fit Rohan could be good. But he'd have to improve his work ethic and stay injury free - there's his 2 biggest downsides. 

If the Swans wanted to get rid of Rohan and Tippet there going to have to pay some of their salaries, which could be handy, but unless they go into Hawthorn mode (with Lewis and Mitchell), I'd think the asking price will be too much.

Reid they'll only want to get rid of if they think a bidding war will get them a 1st round pick, which at the moment would be worth pick 4, that'd be much better than they'd get on the open market.  

• Like 1

Reid certainly worth a look. Has the talent and fills a spot we're a bit lacking in at the moment.

At 25 he's just about to hit his straps.

For someone who has a reputation for being injured, Reid hasn't missed that much footy. Other than the entirety of 2016, and a heap in 2013, he's only missed a handful of games. Played 22/24 in 2011, 22/25 in 2012, 20/25 in 2014, 22/24 in 2015 and 10/10 this year so far. That doesn't scream broken player to me. 

I'd be surprised if they got rid of Rohan. The most interesting of the three in my opinion.

The OP's list of grievances is specific enough to sound plausible and difficult to fabricate, so I'll be interested to see if any of it turns out to be accurate. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

They are most definitely paying overs...the recruiting of Buddy has been a failure.

Only a premiership would have made this move a success no matter how Longmire and co would like to spin it.

When you consider the players lost, in particular Mumford but you could now add Mitchell it's been a costly mistake.

...and you can't consider the increased cap as this move was made in 2014, way ahead of a cap increase we are yet to see.

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

For someone who has a reputation for being injured, Reid hasn't missed that much footy. Other than the entirety of 2016, and a heap in 2013, he's only missed a handful of games. Played 22/24 in 2011, 22/25 in 2012, 20/25 in 2014, 22/24 in 2015 and 10/10 this year so far. That doesn't scream broken player to me. 

I'd be surprised if they got rid of Rohan. The most interesting of the three in my opinion.

The OP's list of grievances is specific enough to sound plausible and difficult to fabricate, so I'll be interested to see if any of it turns out to be accurate. 

It's also about the games he starts but hasn't finished 'Nasher'...

Would be interesting to see how many games he hasn't made it through.

As for Rohan, his poor performances in big games doesn't inspire confidence.

• Like 1