• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Bobby Clark

Strongest FWD line set up.

The strongest forward line set up IMO 

F:      Garlett Hogan Hannan 

HF:    Petracca Pedo Watts 

A lot will question me about Hannan but I'm convinced on him already, premature yes but geez he is something special... can play small or big, goal sneak and most importantly applies pressure. IMO already gone past Kent & JKH. Another Jason Taylor special. 

Pedo & Gawn rotating.  Hogan, Watts & Pedo the main targets. Petracca the medium sized forward, rotating with someone________ ? in the middle and Jeffy & Hannan the goal sneaks. 

• Like 3

Kent is or was my favourite player but it's hard to argue that Hannan doesn't have a tonne more forward craft. 

Kents best work is done between 30 and 70m. Hannans inside 50 

Hannan as a marking forward is bloody dangerous and something we don't have anything else like. Very smart footballer and he will play 100+ games for the dees 

Bugg is also very good in the forward line. His defensive pressure and ability to find space is outstanding.

If only his set shot kicking wasn't the worst in the league ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Watt Kent? said:

Kent is or was my favourite player but it's hard to argue that Hannan doesn't have a tonne more forward craft. 

Kents best work is done between 30 and 70m. Hannans inside 50 

Hannan as a marking forward is bloody dangerous and something we don't have anything else like. Very smart footballer and he will play 100+ games for the dees 

Yeah Kent is one of my favourites but he is too lazy. Goody gave him a chance and he did nothing. Hannan miles ahead in goodwins books I reckon 

8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bugg is also very good in the forward line. His defensive pressure and ability to find space is outstanding.

If only his set shot kicking wasn't the worst in the league ...

I don't wanna see him in that forward line ever again. junior footballers can honestly do better in front of goal than Bugg.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Clark said:

Yeah Kent is one of my favourites but he is too lazy. Goody gave him a chance and he did nothing. Hannan miles ahead in goodwins books I reckon 

Unfortunately Kent can't take an overhead mark and doesn't lay many tackles for a quick bloke. He's not a very good 1 on 1 player. His best work is as a high half forward coming at the goals like Chapman. He kicks to the advantage of forwards. However I reckon his back is crook because he has no agility and is bad below the knees now 

To start with we really only play a four maybe five man forward line.

really it's about Hogan, Watts and Garlett as the main three then there's a handful of rotating smaller players - Hannan, Bugg, Petracca etc., plus mids rolling thru