Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for Gold Coast

55 minutes ago, deebug said:

Is there any one else? Every one is injured.  Maybe give Trenners a gig and any one else we can slip in.

God we have players with litle pace and u want to play Trengove?? 

44 minutes ago, Mud Dogs Gonna Win said:

Here's an idea.

OUT Wagner 

IN Trengove 

Who Cares about the rest.

Kidding right? Weideman needs to go. Needs to develop in the 2s. Kent HAS to go. No forward pressure and is a front running [censored] 

Out - Kent, Wagner

In - Harmes, Melksham 

I don't think Melksham is as bad as what people believe here, not saying he's a walk up start best 22 but I feel he's a serviceable player. Wagner needs more time at Casey, I don't rate him yet, not saying he won't make it but he still needs time. 

I only watched the second half but of the match but Kent seemed to squib a few key contests. I like him and I think he can be good for us but he's got to commit more. 

I would be tempted to drop Bugg for his horrendous kicking today but he had a good game last week and 4 shots on goal. He had an off day, it hurt us. 

Ideally I'd like Weiderman to get some time at Casey but we have no choice but to persevere with him. He looked lost out there today. 

• Like 2

Amongst other changes, In: King. Out: Weideman. Yes King is raw but named in the best at Casey. Allows Pedo to go forward at times and share the ruck. Watts game suffering so needs to stay out of taps. TMac too valuable elsewhere. King surely can't be worse than Weideman when going forward. It's left field but,as I see it,very little to lose and King May surprise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

If they actually do relegate Pedersen to Casey then I think we may not be playing to our merits.

If they do relegate Pedo, then the men in the pork pie hats wearing a badge that says "Steward"  will be wanting a chat...

36 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

I'm not in the habit of potting players, but Kent has to go, and won't be welcome back while he shirks the contest.  Very, very disappointing!

I have thought he could be one of our more talented players and have been a fan but Dean was truly dreadful today. 

Mainly half hearted chasing, some very average disposal but worst of all his lack of appetite to impact a contest

I agree he can knock off back to Casey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Out Watts if we could.....

His disposal is usually great but how often does he take the game by the scruff like Reiwoldt?  He just seems so average of late and he is one of our most experienced players with 150 games. Look at Hannon for goodness sake he kicked 3 to jacks zilch. Where is this guys passion?

But for sure Weid.......should not have been in all year. Even if he got 20 touches a game he just does not kick any goals

Agree. Watts is soft and lets us down more often than not. He and the Weed play soft footy. No doubt they dominated their junior footy but do not have the gumption to play against men. Weed runs under the ball to often which shows me he is scared or has no idea. Will give the Weed some slack but no more for Watts. Tall, quick, talented etc can only go about 30%. The rest you need to want the footy and this guy just puts the one arm out nice and soft to pretend he is tackling or wants the ball. 

Watts and Weed out and bring in anyone that wants the ball please. These types of efforts just cannot be tolerated any more particularly when players half their talent at least try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I don't know who would come in to replace Weid at this time. Suppose he'll stay in.

Kent out.

Harmes in. 

Misson said Tim Smith will be available next week, they might bring him straight back in

Bugg has to go - such poor kicking is inexcusable. We lost because of a very poor team effort not that of one man, but his inability to be at all composed cost us dearly today. Inexperience can be excused and he did get his hands on it and created space, but a total lack of composure or goal awareness (or even just some confidence over an easy set shot!) cannot. The cost to the team is too great for such poor performances and they shouldn't be tolerated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Out Watts if we could.....

His disposal is usually great but how often does he take the game by the scruff like Reiwoldt?  He just seems so average of late and he is one of our most experienced players with 150 games. Look at Hannon for goodness sake he kicked 3 to jacks zilch. Where is this guys passion?

But for sure Weid.......should not have been in all year. Even if he got 20 touches a game he just does not kick any goals

What a pathetic statement....watts at best is a brilliant 3rd forward...wing & at the moment relief ruckman ...he is not a full forward as at times he had to play today against two of the best backman in the league....if we as supporters were told we'd win some amazing games ...lose some winnable games but always be in the game ...you would take it in a heartbeat....like it or not ...we are undermanned ...we are young & we have enormous upside...everyone is disappointed but to bag Watts after today's game is downright ridiculous. They were bigger...stronger...& just better on the day &  yet we still nearly pinched it...such an ill informed opinion 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

Agree. Watts is soft and lets us down more often than not. He and the Weed play soft footy. No doubt they dominated their junior footy but do not have the gumption to play against men. Weed runs under the ball to often which shows me he is scared or has no idea. Will give the Weed some slack but no more for Watts. Tall, quick, talented etc can only go about 30%. The rest you need to want the footy and this guy just puts the one arm out nice and soft to pretend he is tackling or wants the ball. 

Watts and Weed out and bring in anyone that wants the ball please. These types of efforts just cannot be tolerated any more particularly when players half their talent at least try.

Can't like this enough.  Weed has time to develop. I think he will be ok. 

Watts - nope.

2 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Weed, Kent and Bugg have to go. Wouldn't be sad to see OMac at Casey also - very dumb footballer. Maybe to time for a left field selection like Huelett or Keilty. Melksham is a certainty but I hope they play him on a wing and not down back.

Yeah let's bring in blokes who are average at VFL level, great move.  

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

The game report only talked about the players who did well.  Trengove wasn't mentioned so I don't think he is banging the door down. 

I desperately hope he isn't finished as I would love to see him play in the seniors again.

Based on the Casey game report only Melksham (and maybe Stretch) sound like they might have earnt a return to the seniors. 

Any other moves I think is just deck chairs on the titanic stuff.

ANB has to come in with Stretch and Melksham

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Do we drop Weideman?  No one could argue that he is horribly out of form, but can we actually do it?  And if so, who do we bring in?  Is Tim Smith ready to come straight back into the side, or do we go with another small?

I actually have no idea of the changes this week.

Weideman is not horribly out of form, as he has never been in form and proved he is AFL standard. I don't blame him and can't wait to see him with another 8-10 kg's of muscle, when we will see his true form. However he is being sacrificed ATM and it is costing us games. When Jesse plays and Watts puts in, he can be carried, but one out, he is physically not up to it ATM.

I would rather play Harmes who can run around and lead to the ball, apply some aggression and take a contested mark, even though he is smaller.

Weideman will be a player, but he isn't at the moment and I don't think we are helping his development playing him one out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

How was Trengrove? Is he banging down the door or is he finished?

Love the guy but he runs on the spot these days .

Thought we looked a bit tired this week as we draw toward the break. But unfortunately we're maybe flagging a week too early. And we've got a rested Gold Coast in the desert off a six-day turn-around. Yet a win here is pretty important so that we can reset into the bye with a bit of confidence in our record.

Fresh legs needed - Harmes, Stretch, ANB and Kennedy should all get a serious look in - but it's the players with less games under their belt this season who are at the moment the greater under-performers - Kent, Wagner, Weids, Omac, and maybe Bugg. We don't have the fringe-types currently in the guts.

Then, I somewhat recall Roos put his hand up for the loss as a selector after not making changes for the corresponding game last year. Controversial, but could we unexpectedly see some of our young stars given a rest to make room - the likes of Hunt, Petracca, Oliver, Salem? If CP5 has a niggle still, it might be worthwhile giving him and extended break. Ditto Tyson and/or Viney. Jones is lacking a bit of the drive we saw early in the season as well.   

8 hours ago, Stingray said:

Bugg has to go - such poor kicking is inexcusable. We lost because of a very poor team effort not that of one man, but his inability to be at all composed cost us dearly today. Inexperience can be excused and he did get his hands on it and created space, but a total lack of composure or goal awareness (or even just some confidence over an easy set shot!) cannot. The cost to the team is too great for such poor performances and they shouldn't be tolerated.

Well, that means that the Roos will drop Higgins who kicked 1.4 and should have put us away much earlier

• Like 1