Demonland

Gawn back by Round 12?

As discussed on the Demonland Podcast; Gawn may be back as early as Round 12.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-17/gawn-in-an-instant-back-in-round-12

"I've had a pretty good week on the track (and I am) probably about four weeks away at the moment," Gawn said on Triple M.

"I'm actually looking good for the Collingwood game (in round 12) or the Bulldogs game (in round 13)."

• Like 3

Will be a huge boost for Casey to get Gawn in into the team for the rest of the year. 

Pedo will be in full flight by then of course. 

• Like 20

Amazing recovery if true. Credit to Max and the fitness staff. The questions will come, what do we do with Pedo when he's back. Cam has been playing his role very well and I wouldn't mind him staying as the second ruck/extra tall in the forward line.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Pates said:

Amazing recovery if true. Credit to Max and the fitness staff. The questions will come, what do we do with Pedo when he's back. Cam has been playing his role very well and I wouldn't mind him staying as the second ruck/extra tall in the forward line.

As discussed as well on the Demonland Podcast I mentioned that I was a big wrap on Pedo before the ruck injuries and thought he should be in before Weeds and to let Weeds develop at Casey. With Jesse out there is now room for both Pedo and Weeds in addition to Max once he returns. When Jesse returns we are back to having the good type of selection headache.

• Like 7

Having Maxy back sooner than excpected is great, but will the beard be back to full strength by then? 

Great to have him back earlier than expected, just whatever they do make sure it's not TOO early so he doesn't break down again

• Like 5

Damn right Dr.Gonzo. Not sure I could cope with Gawnageddon twice in the one season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demonland said:

As discussed as well on the Demonland Podcast I mentioned that I was a big wrap on Pedo before the ruck injuries and thought he should be in before Weeds and to let Weeds develop at Casey. With Jesse out there is now room for both Pedo and Weeds in addition to Max once he returns. When Jesse returns we are back to having the good type of selection headache.

Not so sure Jesse won't be back around the same time as Max. 

Max and Jesse will have to be satisfied with keeping the pine warm as Pedo holds down ruck and KPF role

#pedofacts

• Like 8

Gawn must be on Crossy's special bone broth.

11 hours ago, Pates said:

As he should

16 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Hopefully it works for hamstrings and not just bones.

made from crow and magpie bones i believe

• Like 2

It'd be great to get him back soon, but don't rush him. Worst thing they can do is rush him.

Getting him and hopefully Hogan back fit and healthy in the second half of the year will be huge for us as a team and a club.

20 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Hopefully it works for hamstrings and not just bones.

And tendons, which is apparently what was also injured, making it such a long recovery

I wonder if Gawn will come straight back into the AFL. He is probably our most important player, but given the injury and his role as a ruckman, it would not surprise me if he needs a game or two in the VFL.

23 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

I wonder if Gawn will come straight back into the AFL. He is probably our most important player, but given the injury and his role as a ruckman, it would not surprise me if he needs a game or two in the VFL.

would surprise me

• Like 4

Eddie just received word Max could be back for the Pies game !!

25jv8n7.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

No chance, Straight into the seniors 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

One game in the VFL, at the absolute max (pun sort of intended).

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Playing the pies is less work than vfl isnt it...

..... AND you just jinxed us. Thanks a lot. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Until I joined this site I always thought I was the sole jinx on the club - whenever I believed we'd win we wouldn't. Now I see I'm just part of a broader community of jinxes. Thanks for opening my eyes Demonland.com

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Not at all. I didn't say we would win, we can play vafa football 😂

• Like 1