Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Destination Club MFC

Imagine if you had J Hunt on one wing and Z Jones on the other providing really fast transition from the back half into the forward line.

If its quick enough, it probably doesn't even matter if it goes in at -60% efficiency. As long as we can make a contest and then defend.

Edited by Left Field

19 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Your irrational dislike of Oscar is just silly. It's likely that Lever will be better than Oscar and it's likely Oscar will develop into a good and possibly very good footballer. 

It's time to leave your future absolutes behind. 

I'm happy to throwdown absolutes if I believe them. 

And that's one that I'll bank it all on. 

1 hour ago, Left Field said:

Imagine if you had J Hunt on one wing and Z Jones on the other providing really fast transition from the back half into the forward line.

If its quick enough, it probably doesn't even matter if it goes in at -60% efficiency. As long as we can make a contest and then defend.

No, it definitely still matters.

Hunt and Jones on each flank would be one too many average users.

20 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

True.

However he plays well beyond his years. 

Which goes completely against those who like to think all young key defenders take time to develop. Some aspects of a key defender's game take time. But there are also players who have really strong fundamental skills that are shown almost from their first game and Lever being the high draft pick he was, possesses those traits/skills.

Unlike Oscar for example who most on here hope/believe will become a great defender. But he doesn't possess the same strong fundamental skills that Lever does.

And yet, surprisingly, the coaches have backed OMc in to develop into a key player in our backline.

8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

On his form so far this season, I'm happy that Prestia didn't see us as a destination club (if the rumours are true that we were interested). 

Thought id pop down to the Richmond board and see what they have to say about Nion Dion.

"Who would of thought this would of gone so badly. Actually ******* lots of people, unfortunately none of those employed at Richmond".

"Would trade him for Tom Bell right now"

"Just delist so we can forget about it".

"Will picking Tambling over Buddy haunt this club more or will trading pick six for Prestia?

"It's neck and neck at the moment. I am leaning towards pick six for Prestia because at least Tambling strung a few AFL standard games together".

"Shai Bolton is already better than Prestia"

?????

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Left Field said:

Hunt yes that sounds like fun, ZJones... heart in the mouth stuff. 

He hs improved no doubt, just can throw it in the boot too often with high up and under kicks.

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thought id pop down to the Richmond board and see what they have to say about Nion Dion.

"Who would of thought this would of gone so badly. Actually ******* lots of people, unfortunately none of those employed at Richmond".

"Will picking Tambling over Buddy haunt this club more or will trading pick six for Prestia?

"It's neck and neck at the moment. I am leaning towards pick six for Prestia because at least Tambling strung a few AFL standard games together".

?????

Punting the farm on an injured player is usually not a great idea. Ask the Tigers and Hawks.

Pies and Mayne looks like a great deal as well.

There are lessons to be learned, hopefully we have.

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

?????

And this is before any major knee issues start arising ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

?????

Haaa!  MFC supporters gloating over trading and draft mistakes.  Gold!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

You're allowed when it's Richmond.  You're ALWAYS allowed to gloat when Richmond is involved.  They bring it on themselves.

• Like 4

Just now, Wiseblood said:

You're allowed when it's Richmond.  You're ALWAYS allowed to gloat when Richmond is involved.  They bring it on themselves.

Yes.  As others would say of us. 

We can throw in tanking, tax office bills in the bottom draws of desks, desks worth ten's of thousands, loans to CEO's when we just went to the members to ask for money, multiple first round draft pick blunders, losses by 186, administrative chaos and on it goes.

I know gloating is part of footy, it's just that every time I see a mistake I say " there for the grace of god go us".

• Like 2

Dodged a bullet :unsure:

I think the club's diligence paid off.

Edited by beelzebub

39 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

And i take great satisfaction in doing it too.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Dodged a bullet :unsure:

I think the club's diligence paid off.

We were interested in Prestia just weren't prepared to pay as much as Richmond so he chose them, he is injury prone so took the best deal for himself as anyone would do but pick 6 was way overs for him but after tigers missed out on treloar they needed to score a so called big fish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Sometimes to ease your own depressed state you take solace in the misfortune of others. Perfectly understandable.

I am sure everyone is sick of us whingeing about Toumpas, Cook, Maric, Gysberts, Blease, Tapscott etc, etc.

Watched a some highlights of the Saints v Swans game this morning and Zac Jones again really impressed with his hardness and grunt but also his break away speed from the stoppages. Also his kicking has definitely improved from last year also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Yes.  As others would say of us. 

We can throw in tanking, tax office bills in the bottom draws of desks, desks worth ten's of thousands, loans to CEO's when we just went to the members to ask for money, multiple first round draft pick blunders, losses by 186, administrative chaos and on it goes.

I know gloating is part of footy, it's just that every time I see a mistake I say " there for the grace of god go us".

Every club has skeletons, eg, captain sleeping with team mates wife, systematic salary cap rorting, turning a blind eye to drug taking with deaths and lives ruined as a result, systematic intravenous doping programs, tanking, manipulating games to get a certain finals opponent, systematic breaches of draft rules by urging players to break contracts, playing injured players, sexual abuse of women or even girls, setting fire to dwarfs,  manipulating the draft by hiding players or putting out false information on players, signing pets as members to bolster numbers, lying about whatever, etc, etc.

Edited by Redleg

I'm not sure why any player would prefer the Saints or North if Melbourne were genuinely interested and in the ball park money wise.

Firstly, our list is better than both of theirs and secondly, we're an MCG club.  Why would you want to play with an inferior list and your homes games at Etihad if the coin is the same ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Lobster Effect said:

I see the bombers have now joined the race for Dusty. Wonder where he'll end up (or just the tigers on more cash?)

Link

Why would you leave one underachieving club to join another?  It makes no sense to me outside of money, but you figure that the Tigers could either match or get very close to any offer that he gets.

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Why would you leave one underachieving club to join another?  It makes no sense to me outside of money, but you figure that the Tigers could either match or get very close to any offer that he gets.

Cultural match. Tolerance and idolatry.

Edited by Skuit

Brisbane have given Josh Schache a few weeks leave away from the club amid all of the speculation around his contract.  I'm not posting this here because I think we should chase him, more because it's such a shame that contracts and free agency have come to this.  His management have brought it on himself a little but shopping him to Vic clubs, but it stinks that a kid who was drafted with such big wraps could struggle so much due to the media interest in his situation.  He may not play for the Lions again and while they'll get compensation for him, it stinks that a club can lose such a key plank in their rebuild in just 2 years.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Brisbane have given Josh Schache a few weeks leave away from the club amid all of the speculation around his contract.  I'm not posting this here because I think we should chase him, more because it's such a shame that contracts and free agency have come to this.  His management have brought it on himself a little but shopping him to Vic clubs, but it stinks that a kid who was drafted with such big wraps could struggle so much due to the media interest in his situation.  He may not play for the Lions again and while they'll get compensation for him, it stinks that a club can lose such a key plank in their rebuild in just 2 years.

*Days