Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Agree.

North's ludicrous offer has changed everything. Can't see any other club offering that amount. And for that reason surely it's a two-horse race for Kelly's signature.

if kelly was to leave it doesn't necessarily follow that the highest contract offer would win (though it may be likely). he may think a lesser (but still very good) offer with a better chance of sustained success was more attractive overall. don't just assume that money alone always trumps

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All roads lead to Melbourne. It seems lately that if we had a keen previous interest in you around draft time or if you were selected with a pick we traded then you will find your way to us in the end. Welcome to the Melbourne Football Club Jake Lever and Josh Kelly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Is Martin definately leaving or just holding out to test his market value??

Caro reckons he's being shopped around, who knows whether genuinely or just to bump up tigers offer. He did walk out on them a couple of years ago and came back with his tail between his legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Caro reckons he's being shopped around, who knows whether genuinely or just to bump up tigers offer. He did walk out on them a couple of years ago and came back with his tail between his legs.

Yes j know. He was a lost little boy. 

I would be staggered if he leaves Punt Rd, the money would be huge no doubt. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not one to get sucked in by trade rumours but an Essendon supporter posted a couple of interesting posts in regards to Zac Jones and few other. Apparently he has very close contacts at the Dees and i think he was the same bloke that was also harping on Hibberd our prime target around August.

Anyway here are some of his post.

Melbourne heavily into him. Very confident that he'll play in red and blue next year.

His brother is a nice part of it but that's down on the list for Melbourne. He's the #1 target for you guys this year, will mostly be played off HB if you do get him.

And then on Daniel Mcstay 

Melbourne are interested in him. Probably #3 on their list right now.

Also there was a little comment on Jake Lever who he said that we were hugely into but were inform that he was set to sign soon. And then this comment..

Oh, Lever was your #1 target. Your list management team have identified 2 places where you can push ahead of the pack: outside players with pace (Jones in is to push Hunt further up the field) and a 3rd tall player with intercept skills. McStay is currently second on the list there, behind someone north of the Murray. The talent you have on your list is fantastic.

Just to repeat that this was a passionate Essendon who apparently has strong links to the MFC.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Im not one to get sucked in by trade rumours but an Essendon supporter posted a couple of interesting posts in regards to Zac Jones and few other. Apparently he has very close contacts at the Dees and i think he was the same bloke that was also harping on Hibberd our prime target around August.

Anyway here are some of his post.

Melbourne heavily into him. Very confident that he'll play in red and blue next year.

His brother is a nice part of it but that's down on the list for Melbourne. He's the #1 target for you guys this year, will mostly be played off HB if you do get him.

And then on Daniel Mcstay 

Melbourne are interested in him. Probably #3 on their list right now.

Also there was a little comment on Jake Lever who he said that we were hugely into but were inform that he was set to sign soon. And then this comment..

Oh, Lever was your #1 target. Your list management team have identified 2 places where you can push ahead of the pack: outside players with pace (Jones in is to push Hunt further up the field) and a 3rd tall player with intercept skills. McStay is currently second on the list there, behind someone north of the Murray. The talent you have on your list is fantastic.

Just to repeat that this was a passionate Essendon who apparently has strong links to the MFC.

Cheers for sharing that dazzle, and much of it makes some sense and isn't too outlandish.  I think Zak Jones will be linked to us regardless due to his brother, but I also think he could be a strong addition to the side.  He's improved as a player this year and the opportunity to release Hunt further up the ground would leave the FD salivating at the prospect.

To be honest, I've seen little of McStay so someone would need to fill me in.  He's playing in a rubbish side so I'm not sure if we can get much of a read on him at present.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Cheers for sharing that dazzle, and much of it makes some sense and isn't too outlandish.  I think Zak Jones will be linked to us regardless due to his brother, but I also think he could be a strong addition to the side.  He's improved as a player this year and the opportunity to release Hunt further up the ground would leave the FD salivating at the prospect.

To be honest, I've seen little of McStay so someone would need to fill me in.  He's playing in a rubbish side so I'm not sure if we can get much of a read on him at present.

Interesting one of the blokes on the MFC page questioned this Essendon supporter and thought it was all rubbish. I got hold of it and replied with this.

I'm the poster. I've been on this site for years, what do I have to gain from lying about this? You've identified the need for outside pace through the middle and the goal with that is to have Hunt (and possibly Wagner) to move up the ground, as such Zak is seen as an ideal replacement for Hunt at half back. At this stage they like the McDonald brothers as your 2 genuine KPD's and want someone else as a 3rd tall because they don't think T-Mac's kicking is good enough to play that role.

Also I have a record of being correct in regards to your club (Melksham, Hibberd both wellbefore reported in the media).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really appreciate you Demonlanders who do your research on other sites - it really gives a balanced view and helps us as supporters get (hopefully) reality checks on where we are and where we are headed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would be the defender north of the Murray? I'm going with Himmleberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not poohooing this but don't we have enough HB's to release Hunt now?

Also the sort of information he reveals is not usually discussed outside the FD. And Frost name wasn't mentioned as a key back. 

Having said that, I love the rumours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Who would be the defender north of the Murray? I'm going with Himmleberg

Is that the ref to McStay ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McStay is currently second on the list there, behind someone north of the Murray. The talent you have on your list is fantastic

I interpreted as Lever was one, McStay 2 and now there is a new #1 (not Mcstay) @beelzebub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Danelska said:

McStay is currently second on the list there, behind someone north of the Murray. The talent you have on your list is fantastic

I interpreted as Lever was one, McStay 2 and now there is a new #1 (not Mcstay) @beelzebub

Ah . I see.. maybe Day ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Surely not Aliir?

If kosher - is the source keeping mum on the specific target or doesn't know exactly - other than perhaps members of our recruiting team boarding north-bound flights? 'North of the Murray' is a curious phrase if it were known to be a Qld-based target. 

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Surely not Aliir?

 

Now that's an intriguing suggestion.

Don't think he's Longmire's fav .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Zak - he was a slight draft bolter from memory, or better put - the Swans took the punt on him at 15. He's come on as they would have hoped - so what would they want from us in return now? Can't see us staying out of the first round two years running - even if we did pick up two first-rounders the year before, so a player? This is never a wise question to ask here, but who might that be? Or what are their specific needs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nth of the Murray

and 

Nth of the Tweed 

;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a couple things slightly fishy about the appraisal of our list (although I'm a bit confused to which part is DD and which is the source). It's close, but a reasonably astute outsider could identify our needs, player limitations, and positional options. First, there's no mention of Frost among the KPD McDonald discussion. Maybe something that an outsider might have failed to pick up on? Second, we're probably capable of releasing Hunt up the ground without recruiting another HB - and if we did, we're not really bringing in extra pace - just shifting it around. I would imagine we'd want an additional outside runner as a marked priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dees would be able to throw the big offer to Jake Lever. Offer 5 year contract because he is THAT GOOD... very very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, stevethemanjordan said:

 

Would be a dream. 

A sweet sweet dream.

Lever doesn't fit your 25 year old defender requirement though, Steve.

And yes, of course, this would be a dream. Lever is a very, very good player and would compliment Frost, Hibberd, Jetta and Hunt perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Not poohooing this but don't we have enough HB's to release Hunt now?

Also the sort of information he reveals is not usually discussed outside the FD. And Frost name wasn't mentioned as a key back. 

Having said that, I love the rumours!

One injury to say Hibberd and all of a sudden we can't play Hunt anywhere else but half back. I reckon they're just looking at depth and versatility here.

Wagner of course is another guy who can play there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we put an offer in front of Aliir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A F said:

One injury to say Hibberd and all of a sudden we can't play Hunt anywhere else but half back. I reckon they're just looking at depth and versatility here.

Wagner of course is another guy who can play there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we put an offer in front of Aliir.

Melksham, Jetta, Hibberd, Salem, Lewis, Vince, Jones, Wagner, Harmes and Smith (have I forgotten someone) all capable of playing small back if needed. Some obviously better than others but all capable of AFL footy. 

We don't need Zac if we want to play Hunt forward. FTR I like Hunt forward or more particularly on the ball and I'm not necessarily against Zac, I just don't believe we "need" him to release Hunt. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

 

Having said that, I love the rumours!

So do I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Melksham, Jetta, Hibberd, Salem, Lewis, Vince, Jones, Wagner, Harmes and Smith (have I forgotten someone) all capable of playing small back if needed. Some obviously better than others but all capable of AFL footy. 

We don't need Zac if we want to play Hunt forward. FTR I like Hunt forward or more particularly on the ball and I'm not necessarily against Zac, I just don't believe we "need" him to release Hunt. 

Fair point there, VP.  We have plenty who can play through there if required, and I feel as though we are releasing Hunt to play more a wing role as the season progresses.  I'd still take a look at Zak Jones if he was coming at the right price, both in terms of how we would get him and the contract he would be on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Skuit said:

Surely not Aliir?

If kosher - is the source keeping mum on the specific target or doesn't know exactly - other than perhaps members of our recruiting team boarding north-bound flights? 'North of the Murray' is a curious phrase if it were known to be a Qld-based target. 

tomlinson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×