Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

Vote for Clarry

done ;)

Done but every time I view the slow motion replay angle from down the ground it looks lie the ball hit both posts on the way through! 

Done earlier despite my being in the naughty corner for saying in my view quick snaps from the boundary are not necessarily goals of the year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Done but every time I view the slow motion replay angle from down the ground it looks lie the ball hit both posts on the way through! 

yeah KB was talking that crap that this morning but if you watch it again its actually it switching from slow motion to normal right as it goes past the post that creates an illusion of deviation. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

iy seems that the slomo is not at the same slow speed for the whole clip. it speeds up as it passes the right hand post

• Like 1

Oliver is so good he defies the laws of physics.  

• Like 4

I'm concerned there will be a little push-back from the public with the perception it may have hit the post. Stupid democracy.

Let's be honest IF Clarry hit the post would that post not have snapped in half?

• Like 1

Again, from where he kicked it there's no way it would have gone between the goalposts and continued on its original trajectory if it had hit the near post, even it had just lightly brushed the post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

yeah KB was talking that crap that this morning but if you watch it again its actually it switching from slow motion to normal right as it goes past the post that creates an illusion of deviation. 

Perhaps KB has a deeply rooted fundamental aversion to Clarry as a footballer because he handballs?

• Like 3

Voted Clarry but that round had some gems.

Doesn't surprise me the AFL Needed something good to come out of China 

Probably for the best that Clarry didn't end up with a shiny new car to commit criminal offenses in.

3 hours ago, Skuit said:

Probably for the best that Clarry didn't end up with a shiny new car to commit criminal offenses in.

?????

Ridiculous Oliver didn't win goal of the week. It was a deliberate kick completely in control with no from bouncing to help it through. Goal of the year thus far, let alone goal of the week.

Suppose the AFL needed something positive to come out of the China match so they give air time to the Westhoff goal. That China match was one of the most boring rubbish games of football I've forced myself to sit through.

4 minutes ago, monoccular said:

?????

I think the winner of Goal of the Year gets given the use of a new car for a year as a part of the prize. And I was under the assumption Clarry was disqualified from driving. The media would be quick to make the connection and it would bring unflattering attention to what will otherwise be the end of a year to celebrate.

13 hours ago, Demonland said:

Just an update on this. Clarry didn't win. Westhoff won with 53% of the vote followed by Clarry in second with 40%. 

https://goaloftheyear.afl/vote/round/8

What a crock.  The Hoff just hacked at the ball and hoped it didn't go out on the full.  Clarry was all control.  No comparison. 

This might be the biggest personal award Westhoff ever wins.

Clarry will win brownlow.....