Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucifer's Hero

AFLW Trade Week

30 posts in this topic

It would be awesome to get Tayla back at the Dees.  I suspect Brisbane would want one of our forwards and possibly a pick in trade which could hurt, but she has so much upside and if we could sign her to a nice long contract it would be gold. 

On 19/05/2017 at 1:19 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

Demons make their move on Tayla Harris: 

"Melbourne look to have emerged as a serious player for Tayla Harris' services after the Brisbane Lions turned down Carlton's offer for the marquee forward". 

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/womens-afl/aflw-trades-demons-enter-tayla-harris-fray-as-brisbane-reject-carlton-offer-20170519-gw8itk.html

What a great get if it happens.  Makings of a formidable forward line with Mifsud et al!  Hopefully, we can get it done for a pick rather than one of our budding or star players.

Would be a huge get. How would it work LH ? We already have 2 Marquee players, would we be able to afford her under the cap ?

1 minute ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

Would be a huge get. How would it work LH ? We already have 2 Marquee players, would we be able to afford her under the cap ?

I'm not sure DN9.  Not sure how many, if any 'marquee' players will be allowed for each club. 

Last year the salary for each class of player was fixed and I think it will be again this year.  The structure and figures have not been announced yet by the AFL. 

We did try and get Tayla as a marquee player last time round but she decided to play in Queensland.

Clubs are allowed to offer work and/or marketing opportunities to players so that could be an opportunity.  Certainly having Tayla on board would be a great high profile duo with Daisy from a Marketing view. 

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm not sure DN9.  Not sure how many, if any 'marquee' players will be allowed for each club. 

Last year the salary for each class of player was fixed and I think it will be again this year.  The structure and figures have not been announced yet by the AFL. 

We did try and get Tayla as a marquee player last time round but she decided to play in Queensland.

Clubs are allowed to offer work and/or marketing opportunities to players so that could be an opportunity.  Certainly having Tayla on board would be a great high profile duo with Daisy from a Marketing view. 

Thanks LH, hope we get her, she took the most contested marks this season and i was surprised to see she's only 20 years old. Would happily do what Carlton did last week and trade our first 3 picks to the Lions for Harris.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

Thanks LH, hope we get her, she took the most contested marks this season and i was surprised to see she's only 20 years old. Would happily do what Carlton did last week and trade our first 3 picks to the Lions for Harris.

Got to be a player, picks mean nothing to Brisbane because they have exclusive rights to QLD and can pick player that nominate QLD.