Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Letter to Goodwin

Scipio

33 minutes ago, Luther said:

The grammar reminds me a little of Deeluded. But I suppose he didn't use various fonts and colours so it can't be him.

They'd take one look at a Deeluded letter and presume it was a ransom note.

• Like 6

Just now, america de cali said:

I was offered a cheap microwave immediately after the Richmond game. I refused of course.

Not sure that was the right decision adc. 

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Not sure that was the right decision adc. 

I figured the Richmond supporter might need it more than me in the future. The temptation was there though.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Of all the seasons this person decides to cut up his membership he chooses this one?

Must not have been a member in 2012.

He could have at least waited another week to see if Adelaide do a 186 on us.

Shudder.......

• Like 3

The club only announces some of the truth - generally the positives - so we don't know everything that happens, which is why it's crazy to be so critical about isolated incidents. 

This guy has pretty much lost the plot about JKH. Maybe fair enough. But how do we know if the reason JKH is playing isn't because Kent and Kennedy are getting harsh treatment about their fitness, skills and pressure? 

JKH will probably get dropped this week and many on here will see it as a reason for delight when really it's a shame a guy who does have a fair bit of talent hasn't put it together. 

There's a number of mistakes I'd like to see rectified or just things I would love to discuss with Goody:

1. Getting tall forwards deeper for longer more direct forward entries
2. Playing speed through the wings - especially against the Hawks
3. The lack of confidence in slower plays from the backline when needed
4. Why the backline hasn't found any chemistry in terms of who's up and who's down
5. The inability to handball on both sides and get out of a contest going forward with hands

But none of that is throwing it all in on the back of one player (or several players).

It also doesn't counter off all the good that has been achieved since Goodwin took over:

1. Zone defending that has worked very well at times
2. Attacking ball movement in the corridor
3. Kicking scores from repeat forward entries
4. Far better stoppage numbers
5. Repeatedly turning around poor starts in games to make them a contest (we've been level or infront late in every game this year)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

The club only announces some of the truth - generally the positives - so we don't know everything that happens, which is why it's crazy to be so critical about isolated incidents. 

This guy has pretty much lost the plot about JKH. Maybe fair enough. But how do we know if the reason JKH is playing isn't because Kent and Kennedy are getting harsh treatment about their fitness, skills and pressure? 

JKH will probably get dropped this week and many on here will see it as a reason for delight when really it's a shame a guy who does have a fair bit of talent hasn't put it together. 

There's a number of mistakes I'd like to see rectified or just things I would love to discuss with Goody:

1. Getting tall forwards deeper for longer more direct forward entries
2. Playing speed through the wings - especially against the Hawks
3. The lack of confidence in slower plays from the backline when needed
4. Why the backline hasn't found any chemistry in terms of who's up and who's down
5. The inability to handball on both sides and get out of a contest going forward with hands

But none of that is throwing it all in on the back of one player (or several players).

It also doesn't counter off all the good that has been achieved since Goodwin took over:

1. Zone defending that has worked very well at times
2. Attacking ball movement in the corridor
3. Kicking scores from repeat forward entries
4. Far better stoppage numbers
5. Repeatedly turning around poor starts in games to make them a contest (we've been level or infront late in every game this year)

But we don't win DS

• Like 4

1 minute ago, old dee said:

But we don't win DS

10-12 last year. 3-4 this year. 

I mean if his complaint is we aren't winning then sure, but I'll take 13-16 over what has been served up before. If you're jumping off after that record then like everyone else I'd ask why not jump out after 2007-2015

• Like 1

We all have tipping points for lots of things.. The bloke's obviously reached his.  Would you think he would decide to do that lightly ? Don't think so

We all deal with things in our own way.

I actually agree with some of what he has to say.  Im not chucking it in...but tbh Im still non plussed how a coach has a go at players about attitude  etc. I mean wtf prepares them?  just saying.

So .. for mine Goody has a lot to prove.  He is after all paid to do it.   We pay for the joy of getting kicked from pillar to post each and every year.

So whilst not everyone's method.. each to their own etc. I have no problem with the letter writer.. It's his life.

• Like 4

I suspect that all of us make Old Dee's point ("We don't win")  at some time. 

We see "the improvement" - and clearly we are better than 147, 186.

We see the talent

We see the good off field stuff - PJ is the saviour of this club

We see the membership rise

We see brilliant play.

But we don't win.

I'm just old enough to remember when we were feared like Hawthorn - there in 64 as a young bloke.

We haven't been feared since. We don't win.

No memberships at risk at Maison Frankie. But there is a quiet desparation.

Edited by frankie_d
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, dee-tox said:

The sentiment regarding JKH and selection policies this season is not far off the mark. However, handing back membership is soft, and in a way typical of the entitlement some fans have of their football clubs.

Perhaps, but I find it extremely distasteful that this letter has been spread through the media, singling out and no doubt completely humiliating JKH.  I don't care what anyone thinks of his skills, or lack thereof, this should NOT have been put out there for the world to see... JKH is a young player trying against all odds to become the best footballer he can and then he is hit with this???? To put it mildly, I was disgusted and I don't know who I dislike more... the moron that wrote the letter, or the morons sharing it all over the internet and the media outlets displaying it in related articles.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Perhaps, but I find it extremely distasteful that this letter has been spread through the media, singling out and no doubt completely humiliating JKH.  I don't care what anyone thinks of his skills, or lack thereof, this should NOT have been put out there for the world to see... JKH is a young player trying against all odds to become the best footballer he can and then he is hit with this???? To put it mildly, I was disgusted and I don't know who I dislike more... the moron that wrote the letter, or the morons sharing it all over the internet and the media outlets displaying it in related articles.

Sad, and even sadder if this creature posts here on DL.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hardtack said:

100% agree.  And you know what, I wouldn't be surprised for Goodwin to back JKH and to play him this week, just to give him a chance to respond to this nonsense from a "supporter". 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gawn's Beard said:

100% agree.  And you know what, I wouldn't be surprised for Goodwin to back JKH and to play him this week, just to give him a chance to respond to this nonsense from a "supporter". 

Adelaide say thanks

• Like 3

I don't agree with what was written and I don't think JKH should have been singled out like that, but I do feel similarities for the supporter who wrote this.

It must be said selection has been puzzling almost every week. Goodwin took too long to drop Weid and now JKH , yet Kent hardly got a crack and I know it's not the coaches fault dropping Gus was also poorly timed and it was soured by the injury. 

11 years I have paid for and MCC membership and on top of that a MFC membership. Which is basically a $200 donation to the club for a scalf.

As a previous poster mentioned we all have our breaking point, I've yet to reach that point but I'm probably not far away. 

Edited by DaveyJones'sLocker

13 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Agree 100%.

I think SEN and the Ox need take responsibility as he read it out on air and SEN released it and it is now posted all over the internet..  They should have removed JKH's name.  They would still have the headline without the name.  I am appalled that the Ox doesn't get the impact on a young man.

While I'm at it, I'm sick of our ex champions potting our team and our players in the search of headlines.  Garry did it yesterday and now the Ox.  Sure they have a job to do but they don't have to sink the boots in the way they do.  I don't hear other club's ex players in the media bag their club in the same way ours do. 

Criticise all you like Garry and Ox but be aware at how damaging your delivery is to our club and to the morale of supporters. The media just love getting stuck into us and as our ex champions they implicitly give other media 'permission' to sink the boots in as well.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

I don't agree with what was written and I don't think JKH should have been singled out like that, but I do feel where the supporter is coming from.

It must be said selection has been puzzling almost every week. Goodwin took too long to drop Weid and now JKH , yet Kent hardly got a crack and I know it's not the coaches fault dropping Gus was also poorly timed and it was soured by the injury. 

11 years I have paid for and MCC membership and on top of that a MFC membership. Which is basically a $200 donation to the club for a scalf.

As a previous poster mentioned we all have our breaking point, I've yet to reach that point but I'm probably not far away. 

Its ok. The first 50 are the hardest ;)

38 minutes ago, frankie_d said:

I suspect that all of us make Old Dee's point ("We don't win")  at some time. 

We see "the improvement" - and clearly we are better than 147, 186.

We see the talent

We see the good off field stuff - PJ is the saviour of this club

We see the membership rise

We see brilliant play.

But we don't win.

I'm just old enough to remember when we were feared like Hawthorn - there in 64 as a young bloke.

We haven't been feared since. We don't win.

No memberships at risk at Maison Frankie. But there is a quiet desparation.

You just nailed it beautifully Frankie

the effort on Sunday was what took Dean Bailey6-7 years ago

Where is the REAL change?

What I get really peeved with is the club statement "we're preparing for their best"

Not 100% sure we did that, and therefore what the eff that means.

Singling out anybody after that first half is bu!![censored].

• Like 2

I haven't read nor will i bother reading the whole letter. 

I.understand supporters frustration and a lot of u have been doing a lot longer then me.

We all need to vent and i accept that...

But qll i want to say is

To single out a player who has played a handful of games is down right pathetic 

SEN and the letter writer are pathetic. You dont treat your own like that. Frustration and venting are one thing but that's down righy pathetic.

I hope that bloke never returns

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hardtack said:

What!!!!

Demonland isn't a closed group so everything on here is in the open forum. What's the difference between bagging a player on here or on social media???? 

• Like 8