Jump to content

Luther

A Letter to Goodwin

Recommended Posts

This popped up on Zero Hanger.

Surely whoever sent this to The Ox to pass on to Goodwin is a Demonland member.

18358539_811478449026385_2279605361316600271_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't let the post box flap hit you on the behind, pal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost warrants a p.s.

Honeymoon over ol' china ;)  

lol

He's entitled to his stance.

He did after all pay for the privilege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Almost warrants a p.s.

Honeymoon over ol' china ;)  

lol

He's entitled to his stance.

He did after all pay for the privilege.

Free speech and all that, but a pretty dramatic reaction.

Guess we're back to 39,999...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha i just read that on Facebook!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not proud of this club and the excuses and promises after every loss".

 

As a supporter, I am not proud that one of our so called supporters would jump ship 7 games into the season (and chop up his membership), and blame the loss squarely at the feet of a coach 7 games into his tenure. 

After the last 10 years we've endured, and comparing where we are now as a club to then, I hardly think now is the time to be chucking a tantrum! 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a little bit sorry for him - he obviously missed up beating Hawthorn last year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luther said:

Free speech and all that, but a pretty dramatic reaction.

Guess we're back to 39,999...

40129;)  probably now  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grammar reminds me a little of Deeluded. But I suppose he didn't use various fonts and colours so it can't be him.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 25 years I have certainly had enough opportunities to write such a letter.

But I live in hope that the wheels will keep turning.

I have only ever supported Melbourne, and will continue to do so till the end.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Over the past 25 years I have certainly had enough opportunities to write such a letter.

But I live in hope that the wheels will keep turning.

I have only ever supported Melbourne, and will continue to do so till the end.

oh the wheels turn...its finding the rails !!!  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

oh the wheels turn...its finding the rails !!!  :rolleyes:

I have never been a public transport fanatic !!!!-_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it was Saty.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sentiment regarding JKH and selection policies this season is not far off the mark. However, handing back membership is soft, and in a way typical of the entitlement some fans have of their football clubs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

What a d****. Doesn't deserve to go for this team.

I'm really looking forward to this letter being brought up in the future when we hit some form.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that on Twitter. I will admit that I get very little joy at games anymore. Travelling a few hours each way doesnt help. 

I have other reasons but.this will be my last year as a full member. I'll get a country membership most likely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just arrived home not long after hearing it on SEN, and all i can say is if don't want to be a member then off you go.  Poor little you, he also wants Simon Goodwin to give back the money he spent on the member ship.  TOTAL TOOL!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gawn's Beard said:

"I'm not proud of this club and the excuses and promises after every loss".

 

As a supporter, I am not proud that one of our so called supporters would jump ship 7 games into the season (and chop up his membership), and blame the loss squarely at the feet of a coach 7 games into his tenure. 

After the last 10 years we've endured, and comparing where we are now as a club to then, I hardly think now is the time to be chucking a tantrum! 

But we still don't win.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the seasons this person decides to cut up his membership he chooses this one?

Must not have been a member in 2012.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, old dee said:

But we still don't win.

You can't deny that compared to 10 years, or even 4 years ago, we as a club have come a long way.  Due to unfortunate circumstances (I'm not trying to make excuses, although I think we can point to these as being a big reason why we've lost some games), we've lost more than we've won this year.  The fact that we're unhappy with purely being competitive is a good thing, shows that honourable losses are a thing of the past for this club, and shows that we have higher expectations of the list and the club.

Thankfully, the National Draft is no longer the highlight of the MFC calendar of the year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

The sentiment regarding JKH and selection policies this season is not far off the mark. However, handing back membership is soft, and in a way typical of the entitlement some fans have of their football clubs.

I have to say I agree with that first line dee-tox. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gawn's Beard said:

You can't deny that compared to 10 years, or even 4 years ago, we as a club have come a long way.  Due to unfortunate circumstances (I'm not trying to make excuses, although I think we can point to these as being a big reason why we've lost some games), we've lost more than we've won this year.  The fact that we're unhappy with purely being competitive is a good thing, shows that honourable losses are a thing of the past for this club, and shows that we have higher expectations of the list and the club.

Thankfully, the National Draft is no longer the highlight of the MFC calendar of the year!

While all that is true GB we still don't win many and we are heading down a familiar path to the draft. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, old dee said:

But we still don't win.

Shhh !!

They're beating up on some old geezer who had enough..

Hmmmm :unsure:

Lol :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with him on this one. How can we as supporters tolerate these kind of insipid performances week in, week out. We supposedly have a team of young guns, but when the going gets tough we crumble under the pressure. Hawthorn were on their knees and we still couldn't get over the line on the day. I will expect a response this week even against a top of the table Adelaide. We need to be ruthless! not the pretenders that everyone thinks we are. I'd say JKH days are done, not required. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×