Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 7

Demonland

I thought Petracca and Salem could have done more today 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

What's your plan?

Would like to hear from the club a little more regularly. 

Who is our current President?

40,000 have now coughed up to be given that first Quarter against a club that is now cooked, but who has pack raped us for decades

that first Quarter was disgusting

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

40,000 have now coughed up to be given that first Quarter against a club that is now cooked, but who has pack raped us for decades

I blame you for the loss, SWYL.  Your confidence before the game, which was so out of character, backfired and the players knew it. ;)

As for the president, he just needs to do his thing behind the scenes.  No need for him to get involved.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

I blame you for the loss, SWYL.  Your confidence before the game, which was so out of character, backfired and the players knew it. ;)

As for the president, he just needs to do his thing behind the scenes.  No need for him to get involved.

What does he do except read bits of paper at the B & F?

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

I don't know as I'm not on the board.  Send him an email. 

He has played a huge role in keeping PJ at the club and overseen a resurgence in the club off field.  That's good enough for me, he can let the coach and guys like Mahoney and PJ do the talking.  I feel like you're clutching at straws for something to complain about.

• Like 6

What do you want him to do?

Presidents are best not seen or heard. Just do your job behind the scenes....

• Like 3

Peter Jackson was on dribble M before the game...listening to the interview as the boy drove us in

(Lovin' the luxury of having a few, but the lad can't have any...hee hee, but, I digress)

Basically, he said that every player that has been recruited to the club, was recruited because they were competitors, starting with one J Viney

and..

The club is now in a good position and they've cleared the path for the players to succeed...

Struck me as being very savvy and strategic

• Like 4

The intensity and effort in the third was great to watch. Overall we still lack skill and speed, and I don't see much at Casey which changes that.  We again need to be bold at the trade table.

• Like 2

I'm just so tired of finishing my weekend completely deflated about another avoidable loss. That one really felt like the dagger through the heart; once again we had our chance, once again we [censored] it up.

Our window of opportunity for finals is fast closing for 2017, so we're ending up with another wasted season when we could've been 7-0, were it not for the stupid brainfades.

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Very well said.

There's a soft underbelly at this club that can't be shaken and today was beyond unacceptable. Sick of excuses and near is not good enough.

• Like 1

we didnt play 4 qtrs again

omac and jkh can go and play with weeds in the vfl. 

so many head highs on us today got waved on.

we tackled but didn't make them stick.

Frost has found self belief. amazing second half.

Todd Viney was brilliant in the third qtr. (wtf Brian Taylor?)

our best footy is just scintilating but we're just way too patchy.

faaaark we're a hard team to follow

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

What do you want him to do?

Presidents are best not seen or heard. Just do your job behind the scenes....

Sure. But there are times to speak. And i think now is one of them. 

We have not improved from last year and we should have. 

Kicking skills in the first half especially were shocking

What's going on with our forward structure? Seemed great last week with Watts as a deep forward with Petracca but it was just so dysfunctional today. They need to sort this out, ASAP as I actually think Watts plays a better deep forward than Hogan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JV7 said:

I've come to accept the fact we are still at least a year off it... People forget we are in year 1 of Goodwin, yes he might have been pulling a few strings last year but it was still up to Roos. IF roos was still around we would have a better win/loss recored not because Goodwins not a good coach but because we would be in year 4. We have a new coach & learning a more attacking game style which was never going to be achieved in 1 year as much as we all hoped & wished it would.

We are the youngest side in the comp week in week out.. We are not a top 8 side yet as we all hoped & expected, we will hopefully match last years 10 wins & the lessons learnt this year will project us up starting next year. The sooner we all accept where we are at the better, which is a young side who are not quiet up to it atm.

Excuses. We're not "a year off it". We could realistically have won every game we've played this year. Time we started hating losing and stopped making excuses for the team. They're talented enough, big enough, fit enough. They just need to bring the mindset/workrate and we can take it up to any team. Drop off a few percent and we'll get rolled.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Peter Jackson was on dribble M before the game...listening to the interview as the boy drove us in

(Lovin' the luxury of having a few, but the lad can't have any...hee hee, but, I digress)

Basically, he said that every player that has been recruited to the club, was recruited because they were competitors, starting with one J Viney

and..

The club is now in a good position and they've cleared the path for the players to succeed...

Struck me as being very savvy and strategic

Sounds great. But what was delivered in the first 2 Quarters was VFL standard

we keep being lied to

where is the improvement onfield?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Doesn't he also host the President's Luncheon!

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Excuses. We're not "a year off it". We could realistically have won every game we've played this year. Time we started hating losing and stopped making excuses for the team. They're talented enough, big enough, fit enough. They just need to bring the mindset/workrate and we can take it up to any team. Drop off a few percent and we'll get rolled.

Our inconsistentency week to week... Quarter to quarter & 3-4 win/loss record, losing winnable games begs to differ that we aren't a year off it & lack the experience to get the job done

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thankyou. Couldn't be bothered in the First Quarter

that is the reality

• Like 1

Went to the game today. The 2nd half was great barring the result. We played good football. Unfortunately it was a bit late. The 1st half was shocking. Way to many handballs and turning over the ball. Also we just didnt man up properly. 

I like the moves Goodwin did for the 2nd half. Hunt forward was good and maybe keep him there and Frost off the backline was great. His run is fantastic. 

But yes having Max and even Jake out is hurting us. 

Burgoyne hurt us today with his disposal. Roughead was just to good and McEvoy hurt us as well. also they took a lot of contested marks. 

I also found when the ball went into there 50 all our defenders would go up leaving there small forwards free or no defender went up. Need to work on that. 

also was it just me or did people there fell that last quarter was a bit short. It only went for 28 minutes and 6 goals were kicked. and I thought Bernie should have got the ball in a lot quicker in the final seconds rather than hang onto it and do a short pass. He has the long boot. Just get it in there. 

But I just hope next week against the crows we bring the 2nd half game and not the 1st half, otherwise we will get blown out of the ground. 

The Hawks were a man down on interchamges from the 1st qtr. Didn't seem to impede them

Our defence leaks too many goals. They took too many uncontested marks in their fwd line.

Roughead must be getting special dispensation from the umpires. They gifted him 3 goals today.

• Like 4