Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Hawthorn

McQueen

Weideman should never get a game ahead of Pederson at this current stage. Pedo offers so much more. Can ruck, crashes packs and provide a much better contested marking target. At this current level of Sam's development, he offers none of that.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Hell Bent said:

Many here suggesting Kent straight back in....are they aware he has had 2 absolute stinkers at Casey?

Only change for me is if Hogan is ready, which I`m not sure will happen. If he is ready, yeah maybe JKH out.

He was in the best on the weekend

11 hours ago, bing181 said:

Hard to see O'Mac being dropped: not a huge number of disposals, but highest efficiency on the field. Plus 8 marks and a huge 14 1%'ers (if not a misprint ...). The other plus with Oscar is that he seems to be able to play all day: 99% of game time is almost like having another player on the bench.

Also, to state the obvious, having Oscar there frees up Tom to take the ruck when the ball's in the back half.

The main problem is that oppositions know Oscar is a liability one on one. He is simply not strong enough at present nor does he have the intensity, urgency or skill level to compete 1:1. They try to isolate him regularly. They are told that if Oscar is on them move back to the goal square and clear others out.

He is a long way off being ready IMO.

Goodwin knows that's what opp'n teams do and tries to stop that from happening but a few times during a game it happens and we gift goals. Its like we are trying to babysit him back there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, demonoid said:

Should never have been dropped in the first place. Has too many runs on the board at senior level for mine. Would provide far more pressure than JKH

Kent goes missing when the team is not playing well. His 2 way running needs to be worked on and he knows it. Not sure you are right with the "too many runs on the board" comment.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

There's no one to bring in for Melksham. Possibly when Wagner is fit, Melksham will be in trouble. 

There's plenty of players to bring in for Melksham, not to mention sending Salem back there as he did for Vince in second half.

Anybody at the game would have seen his lack of awareness at times and rather than him feeling more secure after six games, it seems to be getting worse.

He provides amazing run, but it's got to the stage that his mistakes outweigh his high mileage.

Tricky decision coming up for Goody - perhaps he can use the (rested) line that has become popular not to offend players.

Out: JKH, ANB

In: Stretch, Hogan (in for ANB if good to go)

I'd almost be tempted to bring in Kent to really expose Hawthorn's lack of pace but as it's been already mentioned, he's been fairly average in the VFL over the last fortnight. As much as I would like to drop Melksham, I don't think there's another player who could come and immediately fill his role. I heard that Wagner was best on for Casey and he could certainly play at half-back, but I'd like him to have a couple more weeks at Casey before he's considered.

15 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

JKH is the one obvious out for mine, possibly ANB. There may be more, there may not.

Jesse will need more than a week to be ready mentally.

As for Weideman, he needs to have a good month at Casey before being allowed back into the team. He needs to work on his agility and pressure, as he is a liability once the ball hits the deck. He needs to be banging down 2 doors worth, before he returns. He needs to get angry.

15 hours ago, Chook said:

Having just been through what Hogan’s been through, I was very ready to get back to my normal routine as soon as I could. Not everyone’s the same though, and I suspect Hoges might have a bit of trouble getting up.

It's good for Hogan that we won. It takes some of the pressure off him this week which should make it easier for him to make the decision whether to play or not. If we'd lost he may have felt that he had to play next week whether he was to be truly ready or not. Ironically, I suspect that might make him more, rather than less likely to play, because he's under less pressure which makes the decision to play a little easier.

If Hogan comes back, I have no idea who it would be for. He doesn't have to replace a "tall" because we're already light on for tall players.

Given Stretch didn't play, I suspect he was "managed" and may well be back next week.

I'll predict:

In: Stretch and Hogan (if ready)

Out: Bugg and Hannan (if Hogan plays)

How much grace does Bugg's VFL performance give him? Yes, he had a quiet game but perhaps another crack at it? JKH on the otherhand has had two real cracks and been ineffectual.

Edited by At the break of Gawn

19 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

It's good for Hogan that we won. It takes some of the pressure off him this week which should make it easier for him to make the decision whether to play or not. If we'd lost he may have felt that he had to play next week whether he was to be truly ready or not. Ironically, I suspect that might make him more, rather than less likely to play, because he's under less pressure which makes the decision to play a little easier.

If Hogan comes back, I have no idea who it would be for. He doesn't have to replace a "tall" because we're already light on for tall players.

Given Stretch didn't play, I suspect he was "managed" and may well be back next week.

I'll predict:

In: Stretch and Hogan (if ready)

Out: Bugg and Hannan (if Hogan plays)

Be a long time since we dropped a bloke that kicked three goals?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Be a long time since we dropped a bloke that kicked three goals?

I agree it seems odd. But who else? I can't see how Hogan comes in for a midfielder or a defender. Which, in effect, leaves Petracca, Watts, Pedersen, Hannan, Garlett and JKH. It doesn't seem right structurally for Garlett or JKH to go out for Hogan (although JKH could be replaced by Stretch) which leaves Hannan as the "least desired" of the others.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

I would like all four of  Kent, Wagner, Hogan, Stretch in to the side.  

Doubt that will happen this week, but damn its nice to have depth.

Depth is a good thing but so is a settled team. Don't want to be making 3-4 changes every week.

The weak links were ANB, Bugg and JKH (and Jetts didn't have his best of days) and our kicking (and OMAc's usual hand pass to someone under pressure).  I don't think Kent is ready yet so the only likely change is Stretch with Trenners coming in for consideration but the question is what role does he play? 

JHK had only one tackle with ANB and Bugg collecting 2 (Melksham 1 as well), we lacked forward pressure at some vital points whihc is a shame given we got it in to the 50 so many times. 

Out: ANB or JHK (flip a coin) (both if Hogan comes back)

In Stretch.

• Like 1

While the standard of the game was less than wonderful we won under difficult circumstances.

Those players should rewarded with another game, add in due to our injuries there are not many good AFL level players left at Casey.

One change I think if Hogan is up to playing he comes in for JKH. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Depth is a good thing but so is a settled team. Don't want to be making 3-4 changes every week.

Settling is fine.

Can we settle on something a little better. ? ;)

A couple of tweaks still needed. We're far from there yet.

Gifting games needs to stop. Forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old dee said:

While the standard of the game was less than wonderful we won under difficult circumstances.

Those players should rewarded with another game, add in due to our injuries there are not many good AFL level players left at Casey.

One change I think if Hogan is up to playing he comes in for JKH. 

Understandable sentiments and I agree with it simply because we need to build some stability and cohesiveness in the team.

However the game yesterday revealed that we have a long way to go. Hawthorn will be a good test. On Hawthorn's form we should win and indeed we need to.

There is no obvious performer at VFL demanding a game especially when you consider our game plan.

The one I do want to come back when form is right is Stretch simply because other than Hunt we perhaps don't have real line breakers and our game plan demands that role.

Bulldogs appear to have at least three line breakers.

Finally we need to understand how Daniher was able to dominate that first half. If he had kicked reasonably straight it could have been a very different outcome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Settling is fine.

Agree bb but if Hogan decided he is not with it and if JKH was dropped who do you replace him with?

There is not exactly a big list to choose from I would be tempted to give Trengove a run but I dont really believe he is AFL level now.

Edited by old dee

I know this thread would be made redundant if this happens, but I just can't see how people can be so certain about particular outs most weeks.  We have no idea what "role" they are being asked to play, and even if they seem to have a low possession game, or whatever other indicators we use for ourself, it's the KPIs that the coached set that will determine if a player stays in or not.

Just like my views of Kent's performance on the weekend.  I thought he was quite poor, but he may well have met/done what the coaches were asking of him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Out: JKH, O-Mac & in a perfect world, T-Mac

In: Stretch, White?

Not sure which of the above is worse here... Tmac was in our best half dozen, played a key role roaming the ground.. And white ? If he gets another game again this club has gone backwards

30 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Settling is fine.

I'm all happy for 2 changes this week, but we need to move away from 3-4 changes a week. Yes some are injury driven. We still haven't fully gelled yet as a side.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hell Bent said:

Many here suggesting Kent straight back in....are they aware he has had 2 absolute stinkers at Casey?

Only change for me is if Hogan is ready, which I`m not sure will happen. If he is ready, yeah maybe JKH out.

The review for Him on the MFC website for his last game was very positive. If your assessment is true than I am disappointed. I though the one game he played for the year was a pass with the goals he kicked and being dropped the next was tough given the opportunities the likes of weid, jkh and a few others.