Jump to content



  • Melbourne Recruitment Manager
    Jason Taylor Interview
    & Draft Wrap Up


    Melbourne Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor Interview & Draft Wrap Up
     
dazzledavey36

The Cam Pedersen Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

#pedofacts strikes again.

Poor old stuie. Another nail in his coffin of ginger logic.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His signing is super important given Spencer's body can't be relied upon as a back up ruchman and competent 2nd rucks are hard to find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

His signing is super important given Spencer's body can't be relied upon as a back up ruchman and competent 2nd rucks are hard to find

What a load of sheet. Spencer came in, played his heart out and provided a massive bump. Sacrificed his body and career for the team.

nobobdy could have expected he would come off worse from it.

The only reason he won't get a contract extension is because his bravery gave Pedo a chance in the ruck and it worked.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Pedo. Heart & soul type bloke!! Gives absolutely everything. Top bloke too. .... 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

What a load of sheet. Spencer came in, played his heart out and provided a massive bump. Sacrificed his body and career for the team.

nobobdy could have expected he would come off worse from it.

The only reason he won't get a contract extension is because his bravery gave Pedo a chance in the ruck and it worked.

 

It's not a load of sheet at all. I posted that I was worried Spencer would get injured before the Freo game. He lasted a game and 5 minutes. His body just doesn't hold up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

What a load of sheet. Spencer came in, played his heart out and provided a massive bump. Sacrificed his body and career for the team.

nobobdy could have expected he would come off worse from it.

The only reason he won't get a contract extension is because his bravery gave Pedo a chance in the ruck and it worked.

 

Do your research on spencers injuries over his career. He has missed big chunks of games almost every year. No one said he doesn't try by the way but his body isn't up to it

Edited by Demons1858

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedo deserves another year! Good on him, his game against the saints was sublime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adzman said:

Pedo deserves another year! Good on him, his game against the saints was sublime.

I love pedo's. That pronounced or heard in a school setting could cause terror. Well done big fella you deserve the resign!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm watching a reply of last night's AFL 360.

David King was just discussing the 'evenness' of the ruckman this year, and said that McEvoy is probably leading the pack.

He then said, for the 8 games that Cam Pedersen rucked solo, Champion Data had him as clearly the number one ruckman in the competition. He's a 193cm utility.

The guy is a legend. He's all heart. So pleased (and relieved) he's had the season he's had, both for himself and the club. His performances have been absolutely critical for us.

No doubt there'll be a lot of silence from those posters who authoratively proclaimed him to be a list clogger and nothing more than a VFL player. They've obviously been absolutely wrong though - his contributions have kept our season alive. Pleasingly, the football department has acknowledged this through extending his contract.

I just wish he played a few more games earlier in the season. Perhaps we'd now be pushing for the top 4?

Well done Cam. Hats off to you. A true Demon.

 

Cams family will be printing and framing this post.

Will be a family Heirloom

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

Do your research on spencers injuries over his career. He has missed big chunks of games almost every year. No one said he doesn't try by the way but his body isn't up to it

The bigger they are the harder they fall. The majority of ruckmen are injury proan.

Even Jim Stynes was injury proan but he just played anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Cam. He's probably a player who gets the rough end of the pineapple a bit in that he gets no leeway that others do in selection. It's how AFL footy is and he's not the only one, but I do notice it (and even apply it when considering changes). Interviews with him seem to indicate he's aware of it and uses it for motivation - that's good because he'd have perished ages ago if he sooked about it. Hopefully the new contract can be interpreted as an endorsement for this year's efforts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 6:50 PM, Clint Bizkit said:

He's the leading forward we have been crying out for.

He is one of few players we have that can take a contested mark. TMac, Nev, Gawn and Pedo....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

He is one of few players we have that can take a contested mark. TMac, Nev, Gawn and Pedo....

Hogan is pretty handy too when he's on the park 

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bingers said:

I love Pedo. Heart & soul type bloke!! Gives absolutely everything. Top bloke too. .... 

I'm sure it was said on here by more than 1, that he was not liked among the playing group.

Did you ever see those posts? I always wondered why it would be the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nasher said:

Well done Cam. He's probably a player who gets the rough end of the pineapple a bit in that he gets no leeway that others do in selection. It's how AFL footy is and he's not the only one, but I do notice it (and even apply it when considering changes). Interviews with him seem to indicate he's aware of it and uses it for motivation - that's good because he'd have perished ages ago if he sooked about it. Hopefully the new contract can be interpreted as an endorsement for this year's efforts.

If only JW had his work ethic and dedication to not give in. Pedo is reeping from his years of hard work as you mentioned, I hope it continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done MFC. Pedo deserves another contract and hopefully a good pay rise to boot, he has been awesome for the Dee's, Go Pedo, Go Dee's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedersen has 100% earned his extra year, has been terrific to be in and around the 22 this year. Certainly seems to play much better with a few stints in the ruck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2017 at 10:11 AM, Ron Burgundy said:

He then said, for the 8 games that Cam Pedersen rucked solo, Champion Data had him as clearly the number one ruckman in the competition. He's a 193cm utility.

 

Then we brought Max who wasn't statistically the number ruckman in the competition straight back into the middle and at the same time lost a medium forward position because Cam isn't a KPF. (He is a utility - and a very decent one at that). We've been sketchy in our set-up ever since.

Edited by Skuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, faultydet said:

I'm sure it was said on here by more than 1, that he was not liked among the playing group.

Did you ever see those posts? I always wondered why it would be the case.

Huge lover of the Pedobear and what he brings (when he's switched on). Sticky dukes, big tackles and bumps and is a lovely field kick.

I remember reading a post or two about the above and always wondered if there was any truth in it.

I could never imagine him hanging out on Hollywood Blvd with the 'in' crew at all and he strikes me as the quiet type.

Not sure why people would dislike him, he's a bit of a battler, coming through the ranks the tough way and had to work at Bunnings part time to support his young family is pretty impressive. I have a massive soft spot for him and I would have throught all that isn't something that people could surely dislike?

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jane02 said:

That is so gorgeous. Good on you Cam.

He seems to be really appreciative of the club which is great. It's also his hard work and determination that has got him where he is, really happy for him. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Pedo, absolutely deserves it.

One of the few times I've been right about something footy related (he's not a bad player), and seeing that tweet with his kids made it even better.

#gopedz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Adzman said:

Pedo deserves another year! Good on him, his game against the saints was sublime.

He occasionaly has an off game or two but even when playing average he is involved in so many scoring chains that often go unoticed by the masses.  It's no co-incidence thar we win more often when he is playing.  Not a superstar but he rarely fails to impact on the scoreboard, either directly or indirectly through assists.  These are the blokes that make a diff on big games as they arent flashy but just do the job and help out.  Great clubman.  Keep unless or until his time is well up and someone else can push him out.  No diff to anyone else

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Garland, Trenners and Kent looking likely for an exit at the end of the year, and Jack Watts on possibly shaky ground, the non-captaining players on our list to have survived the Neeld era could boil down to this for 2018:

Tomald (KPF)

Maxy (AA)

Nev (AA)

Pedo

About a million-to-one forecast a few short years ago. And I'm sure there's some Aesop fable in there somewhere.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×