•  
dazzledavey36

The Cam Pedersen Appreciation Thread

Is doing a mammoth job atm and several times i have seen him completely jump over Daniher and Hooker and tap it to our advantage. Does pretty well around the ground too.

Well done Pedo!

• Like 18

Should've been straight in when Gawn went down

• Like 11

He's a lump, athletic, and fit. Gives his all. Should've been in instead of Weid a long time ago in my opinion. 

• Like 13

Should have been in round 1 instead of Weideman.

It just shows how the coach doesn't always know best.

• Like 15

I can understand why he started in the twos and if we are full strength may find himself around the 23rd player picked each week.

But, the last three weeks of him not playing  I think could have cost at least 8pts. Definitely should have been in each week imo.

Well done Cam, was a solid game and wasn't far away from snagging 3 majors

Edited by deeko
  • Like 3

Just imagine if Dawes was kept on the list over him, would have been an absolute disaster today.

• Like 4

Played a fantastic game and looking for him to show consistency. Could earn another contract if he excells over the next 8 weeks 

Huge effort from Pedo. We needed his workrate so much. Ovef the past 5 weeks we have had one quarter in which we have been annihilated  due to poor work rate. His ruckwork, two way running and 2nd/3rd efforts today were a great example of how to stay in a game. Loved it. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, deeko said:

I can understand why he started in the twos

I can't and today just vindicated this.

• Like 6

In all games 2016+2017 combined:

games won when Cam plays 70% (7 of 10)

games won when he doesn't 33.3% (6 of 18)

Go Pedo!

• Like 9

Yes should have come in to replace the Weed about 3 weeks ago.  

Pedersen is on a 1 yr deal and showed his G&D today.

Great game today. In our best.

• Like 2

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

I can't and today just vindicated this.

Sorry Clint, didn't explain myself very well. He only had one arm up to last week or so of preseason 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, loges said:

Should've been straight in when Gawn went down

Hope all of those Demonlanders who didn't rate him eat a big fat sh#t filled humble pie..

You know who you are! 

• Like 8

Weideman needs to understand that Pedersen's work rate and intensity is the absolute minimum that Sam needs to bring each week. Anything less and he is a liability. Hopefully he realises this before too much more time passes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, poita said:

Weideman needs to understand that Pedersen's work rate and intensity is the absolute minimum that Sam needs to bring each week. Anything less and he is a liability. Hopefully he realises this before too much more time passes.

Weideman has time, he needs to just focus on building his own game down at Casey.

• Like 7

I am glad that Cam played well,he is like a lot of our revolving stock players just unable to follow up the good work week in week out.Maybe this match ( v bombers) will be the turning pt. Still we could do with a ruck/forward like Brown from the Kangas. 

• Like 1

I have been calling for him to be in the side since round 3.. I love him, did more than what Spencer would have I'd think

• Like 2

I thought Pedo was fantastic today, competed all day, some nice disposals and a lovely goal.

But I'll bang the same drum I have been for a bit, that is, him playing allows other players to play in their best position. Jack Watts is a very, very good forward now and the less time he spends rucking the better. 

Keep it going Pedo!

• Like 11

So where is Pro Dee?

Pretty clear that Pedo best 22 in the absence of Gawn and Hogan yet there are still knockers based on his mobility .

I thought he "was everywhere" today and gave Watts a better run up toward.

Most of us knew this prior to the event.

Goodwin made selection errors and may have cost us 2 games.

Looking to the future is great but

leaving it so late to select him idiotic.

• Like 14

Good to see Pedo getting a game. He was good today!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sigil said:

I thought Pedo was fantastic today, competed all day, some nice disposals and a lovely goal.

But I'll bang the same drum I have been for a bit, that is, him playing allows other players to play in their best position. Jack Watts is a very, very good forward now and the less time he spends rucking the better. 

Keep it going Pedo!

Completely agree, have never understood why the coaches haven't liked him. I reckon he has played a good role in most games he had played in. Takes good contested marks, pretty accurate and long kick for goal. Always makes a contest in the ruck. Dishes out good bumps and sticky tackles. Anyone questioning his courage just hasn't paid attention.

These have been my observations of him since 2014. Somebody posted a criticism that included the fact that he had never kicked more than 14 (or maybe 16),  goals in a season for us. He did that in 2014, the only year he played enough games to kick substantial numbers of goals, and the important thing about that year is that our top goalkicker only managed 20.

• Like 5

We got into a position to make finals last year in large part because of Pedersen. As soon as he was dropped, our structure fell apart and we wilted. I’m very glad to see him back in the team because his maturity and structural importance is very very valuable.

• Like 3

Did a super job today. Some of his leaps in the ruck actually gave him a height advantage over taller oppo rucks. 

Saw him spreading fast from the contest too. He was very mobile today.

Great job Cam. 

• Like 1

I have never understood the 'will he be in our next premiership team' logic when selecting teams. As far as I'm concerned, the future is now. 

It's up to Weed to knock the Bear out of the side. It's not until then that we consistently choose him over Pedo.

• Like 15