Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Vale Tony Hogan - Father of our Jesse

Lucifers Hero

Just now, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

The Age story says that Jesse's father was in Melbourne when he passed away.

Thanks for that info... I had only seen the Perth paper's article which didn't go into any detail.  I'm glad then that he had the opportunity to be with him... that will help the healing process greatly.

6 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Does anyone know if he was able to be in Perth to say his final goodbyes?  Having been in a similar situation when my father passed, I was fortunate enough to have some notice as to his deteriorating condition and was able to drive from Sydney to Canberra to be with him during his last hours. I hope Jesse was able to do the same.

I know he was here for the Richmond game.

Jeez it's tough on a kid like Jesse, and he is a kid. I don't care what anyone says... I didn't know squat about squat when I was 22. As much as you can't be prepared really for what you feel on that day, I don't think being young would help.

In terms of footy, it explains a lot. I'm glad they didn't explain in detail how ill he was, the pressure on Jesse and his efforts/body language would have been more intense. And I'm glad they're giving him the week off. Being away from home in a pressure cooker AFL environment is going to be a really big test for him, from next week on. I hope the club, and we, get around him. At times like this all you want to do is be home. The club can help him feel that, even if he misses a bunch of footy.

• Like 8

My deepest condolences to the whole Hogan family. It certainly explains a lot about everything that's gone on, it all seems so insignificant now. 

If he doesn't feel like he's up to play I would completely understand.

Do what what feels right for you Jesse. 

[EDIT] And well done to the club for keeping all this information in house, a media circus surrounding Jesse and his father would've been the last thing they needed. 

Edited by Pates

6 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Thanks for that info... I had only seen the Perth paper's article which didn't go into any detail.  I'm glad then that he had the opportunity to be with him... that will help the healing process greatly.

I hope all the family was able to be with him. 

• Like 1

Not the time to talk about him smoking. It means absolutely squat at a time like this.

Lost his old man, who was clearly an important figure in his life. Give him the week off to mourn and regroup.

Not a lot to ask.

1 minute ago, old dee said:

Did you read the comment a couple on?

I read "it won't effect the result much on Sunday"

do you not think the black arm bands worn on sunday may well make a very large difference to the final result??

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

do you not think the black arm bands worn on sunday may well make a very large difference to the final result??

Obviously it is beyond you so here is my comment.

" Sorry CB I was trying to say the MFC does not matter in this situation. "

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hopefully it will inspire them on to an emphatic victory... but sadly, it certainly didn't help in the case of Jim Stynes' passing.

Can't even imagine what it'd be like at that age and living so far from home let alone being a young AFL star who has been under constant media scrutiny. 

I'm sure I owe an apology somewhere in there too.

I wouldn't blame him if he took more than a week off.

Hopefully this strengthens the bonds and friendships he has with his team mates and they give him their all with the their support.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Hopefully it will inspire them on to an emphatic victory... but sadly, it certainly didn't help in the case of Jim Stynes' passing.

There is one big difference this lot has a reasonable amount of talent.

Sadly that lot were VFL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, old dee said:

Obviously it is beyond you so here is my comment.

" Sorry CB I was trying to say the MFC does not matter in this situation. "

No it is not beyond me. 

The MFC does matter right now in this situation. So does Jesse and his family

both will work together to help each other. 

We have had a few deaths this last few years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No it is not beyond me. 

The MFC does matter right now in this situation. So does Jesse and his family

both will work together to help each other. 

We have had a few deaths this last few years

Um, no. Jesse and his family are the only priority. He should do whatever he needs to do right now without needing to spare a thought for the MFC.

Edited by Radar Detector

Just now, Radar Detector said:

Um, no. Jesse and his family are the only priority. He should do whatever he needs to do right no without needing to spare a thought for the MFC.

I know that FFS

But the MFC and its collective energy are there for him and will be very important in his healing

• Like 5

Very sad news, for Jesse and his family. My condolences to them all.

Hope he takes the time he needs and comes back stronger and more motivated. 

I am sure his family and the club will do whatever they can to support him. 

• Like 3

Poor kid.

His " behaviour" and body language now seem fairly understandable.

His dad will be happy to have produced such a nice boy before he went.

Its a cruel world at times.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Poor kid.

His " behaviour" and body language now seem fairly understandable.

His dad will be happy to have produced such a nice boy before he went.

Its a cruel world at times.

Often Biffen

• Like 1

Well done LH, our hearts go out to Jesse and family at this very sad time in his young life. RIP Tony.

• Like 1

Terrible news for Jesse and his family. I'm sure the club are doing all they can to help them.

Can't imagine how hard this must be for them.

This is shattering for a young man. I lost both my parents this decade, I'm in my 40s and it still hurts, can't imagine how difficult it would be for a young person who constantly has the football worlds eyes on him.

Take as long as you need Jesse, footy is a distant 2nd to family!

• Like 1