• Podcast Live Every Wednesday @ 8:30pm

Listen to our interview with Demon Army/Cheer-squad leader Sophie Galer

rjay

AFL Round 5 - Non MFC Games 2017

275 posts in this topic

Who gave Carlton a Friday night game? what a disgrace....

...not only that they've made a mockery of it by resting players.

7 people like this

FMD!!!!! I'm turning it off now . Carlton haven't touched the ball.

Not often i barrack for Therbaton...!

10 minutes ago, rjay said:

Who gave Carlton a Friday night game? what a disgrace....

Same clown that always looks after them - Mike Fitzpatrick.

3 people like this

As a reluctant expert - we are watching junk football from BOTH teams... port ain't much chop so far.

Suddenly A League finals looking pretty good

Bruce trying to talk it up is just so...

Highlight of the match so far was Jane Bunns quarter time weather update

6 people like this

What's with this protected area rule.  At the start of the game PA marked and another PA player ran across the mark almost at right angles leaving a Carlton player marooned on the other side. The umpire told the Carlton player not to follow.  Admittedly he as far behind, but how far behind do you have to be to be stopped? 

#: 10   Posted (edited)

How were Maclure and Eddie complaining about the white Carlton jumpers pre-game? They said that Carlton shouldn't have to change jumpers and that the home side Port, given Carlton's 150 year history, should have to wear an alternate strip. The sheer arrogance gives me the absolute shits. Melbourne is the original club and we don't crap on about all this rubbish. Collingwood have been irrelevant ever since Malthouse's last season and Carlton have been a basketcase for years now. These clubs should realise no one gives a [censored] about what they did years ago. They're bog ordinary nowadays.

Edited by A F
6 people like this

The Port 'faithful' are out in force... looks like a very good crowd considering the city of Adelaide loyalties.

Bruce's talking up of Carlton is embarrassing .... the game is a mismatch

wowee 

Gee, Wines is still an ordinary, ordinary kick. 

This was a perfect opportunity for ch7 to bring forward Monday nights episode of MKR.

6 people like this

In all fairness it's Ports home game so they have been given the fixture. Tomorrow night on 7 is Freo v nth. Another great game. 

But what has happened to the Toump? He must have some talent or is he another Cale Morton #4 pick that shouldn't have been. Or because he was at our club during a horrible period did we drag any confidence out of him and just made it a bad time for him. 

Port are looking pretty ordinary. Should be much further in front.

Blues would be a more attractive option in the futures market. Quite like their kids.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, demoniac said:

Blues would be a more attractive option in the futures market. Quite like their kids.

Aside from Cripps they've got no young midfielders coming through. Their spine is okay, but they're in a bit of trouble. I still think Carlton are exactly the type of club to go out and try and get Clarkson, thinking he'll just win them multiple flags. They have a bigger messiah complex than us.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, demoniac said:

I tipped the margin of 52 points for tonight. I think I'm gonna be well short.

#: 19   Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I tipped the margin of 52 points for tonight. I think I'm gonna be well short.

Going by the current score, I reckon they'll win by 60+. They just have to be more efficient with the ball and as the young blues tire, they'll run all over them. Port are a bunch of down hill skiers.

Edited by A F
1 person likes this

How did a Friday night game get allocated to Carlton and Port?

4 minutes ago, A F said:

Going by the current score, I reckon they'll win by 60+. They just have to be more efficient with the ball and as the young blues tire, they'll run all over them. Port are a bunch of down hill skiers.

When they spanked Sydney in Rd 1 it looked promising. Now that Sydney are 0-4 not so much...

Downhill skiers is a bit of an early call but they still have the players imo.

2 minutes ago, A F said:

Aside from Cripps they've got no young midfielders coming through. Their spine is okay, but they're in a bit of trouble. I still think Carlton are exactly the type of club to go out and try and get Clarkson, thinking he'll just win them multiple flags. They have a bigger messiah complex than us.

Their spine looks pretty good, do need another talented key forward to develop . And yep they need more centre square mids to assist Cripps. You'd think they'll have early pics in the next few drafts to add those types.

7 minutes ago, McQueen said:

When they spanked Sydney in Rd 1 it looked promising. Now that Sydney are 0-4 not so much...

Downhill skiers is a bit of an early call but they still have the players imo.

They have form. Not much of their team has changed since it was true, so I'm happy to stick by that call.

8 minutes ago, demoniac said:

Their spine looks pretty good, do need another talented key forward to develop . And yep they need more centre square mids to assist Cripps. You'd think they'll have early pics in the next few drafts to add those types.

But they have SOS recruiting. They've got no hope. He's useless.

McQueen do you have one of the old Demon logos in the rear window of your truck/car /ute?