Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TEAM SELECTION AND MATCH PREVIEW - ROUND 5

Demonland

7 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Surely Kent's not dropped? Surely?

Meanwhile Melkshams body language in the last quarter with the game on the line was atrocious. 

i told you before.....don't call me shirley

anyway, totally agree........unless the kent bit is a disciplinary thing

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i told you before.....don't call me shirley

anyway, totally agree........unless the kent bit is a disciplinary thing

I'm thinking it's possibly a team rule issue - not centring the ball continually or something non-negotiable.

Shirley!?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I'm thinking it's possibly a team rule issue - not centring the ball continually or something non-negotiable.

Shirley!?

possibly, but it must have been something bad to drop him, i thought he was quite active and dangerous in the forward line

maybe it was that handball to wattsy that bounced through the goals - lol

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I would be incredibly disappointed if Kent is dropped.

Agree 100%, a guy with genuine leg speed and a kick that breaks the press. I went to Williamstown and watched Casey and I'd have to say JKH looks a little lost at sea sometimes. Hibberd I can understand but it doesn't make sense to drop Kent and play two guys that have played 3 JLT and 1 Casey game so far.

Yeah it'd be a poor decision from the selection committee to drop Kent. He's my tip this week to have a big game against the Tigers. He's been threatening this year, just hasn't hit the scoreboard as much as we would've liked. His work up and down the field from half forward can be the difference between us playing good and poor football. He's got good pace, breaks lines, big kick to sail over zones, and puts on defensive pressure (most of the time). I'd have him in the team ahead of Hannan and ANB up forward at present. 

Ins this week should be Hogan and Hibberd. Outs should be Weiderman and Hannan.

Edited by Lord Travis
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Yeah it'd be a poor decision from the selection committee to drop Kent. He's my tip this week to have a big game against the Tigers. He's been threatening this year, just hasn't hit the scoreboard as much as we would've liked. His work up and down the field from half forward can be the difference between us playing good and poor football. He's got good pace, breaks lines, big kick to sail over zones, and puts on defensive pressure (most of the time). I'd have him in the team ahead of Hannan and ANB up forward at present. 

Ins this week should be Hogan and Hibberd. Outs should be Weiderman and Hannan.

Kent needs to stay in the side. He has leg speed that we desperately need, especially against the smaller, quick players that the Tiges are fielding at the moment. His X factor around the forward line is important too, and he's done more than enough to warrant a spot in the side.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

Yes he does, but wasn't there today, all the mids seem to get on really well, Clarry loves to niggle, only one he leaves alone is Viney surprisingly 

Saty - have you noticed Viney or Jones being restricted in their movement to any degree?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I would be incredibly disappointed if Kent is dropped.

So would !  Kent has been very good in the last two weeks! Why he would be on the" Dropped Radar" is anyones guess!??

Edited by picket fence

41 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Saty - have you noticed Viney or Jones being restricted in their movement to any degree?

I have a suspicion Viney has a problem with his right arm or shoulder. Just observation i haven't been told anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A F said:

Had no idea one of the old CGS boys was a coach at Richmond. Great little video though. Our website would struggle to put together a video that was as exciting about us as that. Haha.

How could they find time for videos like that between writing articles about how the "boys aren't worried about the record" or that "it's not panic stations"? 

A lot of the coverage from the site is condescending in its positivity.

22 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I have a suspicion Viney has a problem with his right arm or shoulder. Just observation i haven't been told anything.

If Viney and Oliver smashing into each other during one drill says something, it says no he hasn't got an issue

Both he and Nate Jones moved fine today

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Yes he does, but wasn't there today, all the mids seem to get on really well, Clarry loves to niggle, only one he leaves alone is Viney surprisingly 

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I saw them together at the shops a few weeks ago so I would say yes.

Having said that I would be surprised if players would change friendships much over their careers (Carey and Stevens aside).

I only ask as they always seemed to b together and I wondered if Bradshaw would benefit from such a close training buddy again.

1 hour ago, Wrecker45 said:

Is that from training Wrecker or observation of the games? AF said he noted an issue with Viney's gait vs Freo, so most likely the hip. Jones was also moving incredibly slowly at times on the weekend - akin to that round 2 vs GWS in 2015 where I think it was revealed later he'd been carrying something. Incidentally the same match where Viney's broken fibula came to light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

UzjzTYCLRGqM3vd6LcQw_toe.jpg

Farkkk. Tough lad, and a lot of people on here were getting stuck into him!

Call me negative, but I don't see what's with the strong push for JKH. He had his chances in 2015 and 2016 and gave us nothing (his 2014 was ok). Seems to panic with the ball like Toumpas used to. I get that he's had a terrific preseason and it should be rewarded, but if he fluffs his chances again on the big stage, then we might as well shelve away back to Casey. Kent on the other hand is a proven performer, albeit a goal hog from time to time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

UzjzTYCLRGqM3vd6LcQw_toe.jpg

That's taking red and blue a tad far.

Gotta hurt like....

41 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Is that from training Wrecker or observation of the games? AF said he noted an issue with Viney's gait vs Freo, so most likely the hip. Jones was also moving incredibly slowly at times on the weekend - akin to that round 2 vs GWS in 2015 where I think it was revealed later he'd been carrying something. Incidentally the same match where Viney's broken fibula came to light.

The observation was from the freo game. He was clutching it behind the play and his tackles weren't sticking like normal.

• Like 2

On another note - the AFL website has selected Dusty as our 'bogeyman' for a 24-disposals/0-goals/0-marks match back at the start of 2015. I finally got around to checking the stats and it confirmed what I thought: Melbourne is Dusty's 'bogey-team', with his poorest career averages against us (and Carlton).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

If either had an issue they wouldn't be allowed to take part in both tackling and wrestling drills which they did today

Both also did every drill and the whole session