Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Biggest test in years?

praha

2 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

I think Garry contradicted himself a bit on morning radio, and I agree with what he said.

He said we will likely get up and win against Richmond, but our problem is that the players get comfortable too easy and play differently when they should win, to when they confronted with a challenge.

So while it's a huge game, and we need a win, I'll be no more confident in the side than I am at the moment.

For a team that's had so little success it is amazing how complacent they become.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

For a team that's had so little success it is amazing how complacent they become.

That's the thing, don' t believe its complacency at all, an inability to concentrate for 4 quarters more likely. Complacency infers it can be fixed with a change of attitude, I think its more serious than that

• Like 1

Make no mistake. This is THEIR danger game.

• Like 2

Formline is pretty clear to me. Tigers playing with absolute confidence, and not taking their feet off the accelerator the whole game.

We have been switching of for entire quarters, and simply rolled over to the Cats in particular.

When i look at our 2 lists side by side, i shake my head and wonder how we can look SO much better than them on paper, but still be a worse team. And there is no doubt that atm we are playing worse as a team. Confidence alone must be worth a few goals to Richmond.

Reckon the Tiges will win this one by 4 goals or so goals unless we can find a way to actually bring a full 4 quarters of heat.

3 hours ago, praha said:

We're 2-2 and should be 4-0. We've learnt a lot about this team this year and we appear to be fighting to establish an identity. We get the ball so much and tease a lot, but we've ultimately struggled to covert.

We are coming up against a rampaging Richmond, who is 4-0 for the first time in 22 years. There will be 70,000 at the MCG, probably 60,000 Richmond supporters. Prime time. FTA. We don't have a back of jumper sponsor, and we're fighting to earn respect from the football community.

Is this the club's biggest test in a decade?

I'm sure a few posters on here will think Richmonds 4-0 is a "cheap 4-0 though"

2 minutes ago, Mud Dogs Gonna Win said:

Certainly haven't paid overs !! :unsure:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mud Dogs Gonna Win said:

A lot of Richmond supporters on BigFooty are saying the same thing. Like us, their confidence has been pulverised through years of mediocrity.

Tough to tell the quality of the opposition at the beginning of the season anyway.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, loges said:

That's the thing, don' t believe its complacency at all, an inability to concentrate for 4 quarters more likely. Complacency infers it can be fixed with a change of attitude, I think its more serious than that

If it is more than a change of attitude in 2017 then this club is done. 

Roosy was employed for 3 years to sort that out, with Goodwin under his arm for 2 of them. 

What is more serious than getting 120 minutes of sustained effort?

Whilst we would want to win this ( and might ) it'll be the Toiges more worried about their roll coming to a thuddering halt.

Realistically all the games are important and this game isn't more important than any other. 

FWIW it's worth I reckon Richmond are in good form but haven't beaten anyone good (WC are cowards away from home). I reckon we'll beat them. Would love to crack 70k.

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

So Brayshaw is disinterested because?

There is such comedy on this board after a loss but you win the weekend's Barry

I watched him run around at Williamstown, body language and effort nothing like I've seen from him 2 years ago.  Also seen him at training recently and again he looks off! Might just be his demeanour but I have my doubts.  This kid should be up and about and in our best 22.

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

If it is more than a change of attitude in 2017 then this club is done. 

Roosy was employed for 3 years to sort that out, with Goodwin under his arm for 2 of them. 

What is more serious than getting 120 minutes of sustained effort?

Exactly and we need to start getting it or it will be a very painful year

2 hours ago, Soidee said:

I watched him run around at Williamstown, body language and effort nothing like I've seen from him 2 years ago.  Also seen him at training recently and again he looks off! Might just be his demeanour but I have my doubts.  This kid should be up and about and in our best 22.

I didn't attend the game but asked a couple who did, whose opinions I respect,  said Brayshaw was solid without being a standout. Couple of other reports say same thing, said Willy targetted him so opposition coaches must have a differing opinion of him as well

Hogan back will straighten us up, against freo we stuffed around too much getting the ball forward it was like the players had no confidence getting it forward, they should have more confidence with hogan there, if hogan can beat rance we will win 

I hope we have a lot of supporters there. Tigres always seem to have a huge voice at the G, especially after theyve won a few in a row. If we go to sleep, they could get on a big roll with a big voice to accompany it......may prove a lot to come back from.

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We can lose this and still be in the 8 after round 5.

I'd very much doubt all of Freo Saints and Suns will all lose and I certainly don't want to be relying on other results to get anywhere.  We did that in 2004/05 to scrape into the 8. Went out in both elimination finals when a month out in both home and away seasons we were looking Top 4 at worst possibly top 2

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 2

What we've learnt in the past two matches is that we have to play four quarters, and I mean go hammer and tongs. This is a very even and tough competition and we have the chance and talent to achieve something.

We must win our next three and be 5 and 2 to set up our year. 

Goodwin knows this and should make it very clear to the players .

I reckon we will be primed for a big performance on Monday night.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 3