Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonland

Poll: 2-2

Prior to the start of the year would you have been happy with a 2 - 2 start?   74 members have voted

1. 1. Prior to the start of the year would you have been happy with a 2 - 2 start?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Ok for this week's poll I'm going to phrase the question like this. Prior to the season would you have been happy with a 2 and 2 start? Forget the circumstances of the last two games and that we could have won both of them and been 4-0. Try to look at it through the lens of late last year/early this year. Would you have been happy with a 2-2 start?

I voted no - I felt we should be 3-1 at this stage, with the only loss I chalked down as being to the Cats.  I knew we could roll the Saints and I believed we had the Blues and Dockers well and truly covered.  I wouldn't say I'm disappointed to be 2-2 and in the 8 at this stage, but I'm not all that happy either.

4 people like this

Yes and no, 

i would say before the season I would have been happy to 

beat the dockers and blues but lose to the saints and cats but given our round 1 win my expectation was 3-1 so the freo loss stings a bit 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

I voted no - I felt we should be 3-1 at this stage, with the only loss I chalked down as being to the Cats.  I knew we could roll the Saints and I believed we had the Blues and Dockers well and truly covered.  I wouldn't say I'm disappointed to be 2-2 and in the 8 at this stage, but I'm not all that happy either.

same ... that Dockers game should have been a comfortable win in theory ... and ......

I had also pencilled in a win against Richmond so next week is a big one

1 person likes this

Better if this question is left for next week.

I had us at 3.5 wins. I'm disappointed with our percentage as well. But I'm coping.

I had us losing to StKilda and Geelong, so while the route differs this is still the place I expected us to be. 

2-2 was my worst acceptable scenario. Paint it however we like, we've let winnable games slip, but it's not a disaster.

Huge game on Monday night though.

1 person likes this

#: 9   Posted (edited)

For me it's all about this week, if we beat Richmond I will be happy to be 3-2.

youve got to look at the suspensions and injuries as well.

i just want to be ahead of the ledger and in contention for a spot in the eight at the halfway point and again more importantly finish anywhere in the eight at the end of the season for it to be deemed a successful season 

Edited by DeeZee