Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Private security harassing supporters.

bush demon

Slightly off topic, but seriously what use are those "security officers" at the entrance gates?

At the Carlton game it meant a 10-15 minute wait in a queue, and then and on Saturday a cursory wave with a wand, not caring that I had pockets full of keys, money, radio, and who knows what - they certainly wouldn't have the slightest clue had i taken in a small nuke!!

A total tokenistic waste of time unless they are going to do it properly, like at an airport, which would lead to interminable lineups.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Slightly off topic, but seriously what use are those "security officers" at the entrance gates?

At the Carlton game it meant a 10-15 minute wait in a queue, and then and on Saturday a cursory wave with a wand, not caring that I had pockets full of keys, money, radio, and who knows what - they certainly wouldn't have the slightest clue had i taken in a small nuke!!

A total tokenistic waste of time unless they are going to do it properly, like at an airport, which would lead to interminable lineups.

Same here Mono. On Saturday a guy in front of me had a bag, wandered through the bag search bit, then the wand guy just waved it around and didn't ask the guy to remove the bag let alone look in it. 

All or nothing IMO 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I too have brought in several nuclear devices in an open aldi bag only to be waived on to the body frisk which wasn't nearly rigorous enough.

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

I too have brought in several nuclear devices in an open aldi bag only to be waved on to the body frisk which wasn't nearly rigorous enough.

If you don't shower the fortnight before the game they waive you through really fast. 

I like to bring a fresh Durian fruit in a plastic bag and chew on a Wheel of Stilton when I'm smuggling .

• Like 6

When I go to the footy I like to cheer loudly I don't swear or abuse players and I'm at the stage now where I would rather go sit with cheer squad or go to standing room behind them as I have had many Melbourne members tell me I'm too loud, at the Carlton game I would stand up and cheer after a goal only for the lady behind me tell me off for standing up, I always wondered why Melbourne supporters had a reputation for being soft and I get it now, I have tried a few different reserved seats in different areas of the ground and keep getting the same result so either I'm too full on(I don't think I am) or some Melbourne supporters are soft, I don't think there is anything wrong with showing some passion and the cheer squad do this I do remember seeing lots of security in the area and few police officers where I was standing but nothing out of the norm 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brendan said:

When I go to the footy I like to cheer loudly I don't swear or abuse players and I'm at the stage now where I would rather go sit with cheer squad or go to standing room behind them as I have had many Melbourne members tell me I'm too loud, at the Carlton game I would stand up and cheer after a goal only for the lady behind me tell me off for standing up, I always wondered why Melbourne supporters had a reputation for being soft and I get it now, I have tried a few different reserved seats in different areas of the ground and keep getting the same result so either I'm too full on(I don't think I am) or some Melbourne supporters are soft, I don't think there is anything wrong with showing some passion and the cheer squad do this I do remember seeing lots of security in the area and few police officers where I was standing but nothing out of the norm 

I don't waste my time with a reserved seat membership either. Tried it once and was like watching the game at the local bowls club. There's more enthusiasm at a golf tornament 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gipsy Danger said:

I don't waste my time with a reserved seat membership either. Tried it once and was like watching the game at the local bowls club. There's more enthusiasm at a golf tornament 

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that thinks this 

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

If you don't shower the fortnight before the game they waive you through really fast. 

I like to bring a fresh Durian fruit in a plastic bag and chew on a Wheel of Stilton when I'm smuggling .

fermented shark can be a sometimes welcome addition to that luncheon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monoccular said:

I ducked out for a smoke 25 minutes into the 3rd (after another Freo goal) and was back in before 3/4 time at gate 6. No one else there except for the odd person here or there. Had to get scanned again coming back in. I said to the guy mate I've been standing right there the whole time, haven't quickly nicked off to grab an arsenal he just laughed and did the half hearted wand over - even the people doing it know it's BS.

Another example, the bag checks. I always take a back pack with me. They often glance into the zip I open, which has a jumper on top and who knows what underneath. They don't even bother with the other two pockets. Completely tokenistic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, deebug said:

I sit in the cheer squad have so for many years. I can tell you that i had a clear view of the so called docker goal (Cough, Cough) by McCarthey his boot did not even touch the ball at all, and that is why me included was so *@%$~~ off because it was not a goal.

I have even watched it online and paused it and you can see his foot did not even touch it, but no one has said anything, that i know of ?The media are saying nothing about it at all, and i can tell you people in the cheer squad are fed up with the umpire"s to a point where yes you are going to fume.

Mate, it was a goal. Could clearly see it graze the end of his boot. Let it go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gipsy Danger said:

The difference with the reserved seats I find is that the supporters are there to actually watch the footy and don't need a barrel of [censored] in them to do it, the atmosphere where I sat ran the whole gamut of emotions last week

15 hours ago, brendan said:

I've sat in reserved seats on both sides of the ground over the past 20 years or so, and the atmosphere has become duller and more sterile with each passing year. Most people seem to think that they are at the theatre, offering a polite clap at the end of each quarter. God forbid somebody tries to make some noise, or voice a comment - the number of death stares you receive is phenomenal. I would prefer to sit with Melbourne supporters, but it is getting to the point where I will think about saving my $100 next year and sitting in general admission.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

I too have brought in several nuclear devices in an open aldi bag only to be waived on to the body frisk which wasn't nearly rigorous enough.

So that was you with the bright green skin,last Saturday?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Satyriconhome said:

I wasn't toeing the party line, I was providing another example of what occurs at footy games,  to provide a counter view, those in the vicinity of our seats on Level 2 were glad of security to get rid of the rather obnoxious knobs who were spoiling the game for everybody else

Security, these days, only act when they have to, so assume they thought that there may be an escalation of behaviour, which does occur at footy, particularly with the amount of alcohol consumed, some seem not to be able to just sit and watch the game

I do find some of the rhetoric of Bush Demon to be over the top, 'squad' 'body builder mates' etc some of the security at the G couldn't kiss their way out of a wet paper bag

Saty your comment, "There must have bee reasons for them to act at the G " clearly assumes that crowd members were at fault and security personnel  were acting correctly. I don't know the details of the incident but my assumptions would be the opposite.

The training of  security personal is currently a joke. Essentially if you turn up everyday  to a course which you pay for through a private provider you get your ticket.

Have a look at the number of bashings, assaults and over the top responses from security people that have been reported in the media over the last year or two.

And what about that clown who was parading around the Bourke Street Mall with a handgun on his hip. He was unlicensed yet employed by a security company.

In general ( and I will admit that) they are cardboard cops and wannabes - disgraceful.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Saty your comment, "There must have bee reasons for them to act at the G " clearly assumes that crowd members were at fault and security personnel  were acting correctly. I don't know the details of the incident but my assumptions would be the opposite.

The training of  security personal is currently a joke. Essentially if you turn up everyday  to a course which you pay for through a private provider you get your ticket.

Have a look at the number of bashings, assaults and over the top responses from security people that have been reported in the media over the last year or two.

And what about that clown who was parading around the Bourke Street Mall with a handgun on his hip. He was unlicensed yet employed by a security company.

In general ( and I will admit that) they are cardboard cops and wannabes - disgraceful.

Metro ticket Thugs....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

The difference with the reserved seats I find is that the supporters are there to actually watch the footy and don't need a barrel of [censored] in them to do it, the atmosphere where I sat ran the whole gamut of emotions last week

That is one of the worst generalisations I've ever heard on here. That's saying something. I'll presume that you have chosen your words poorly as opposed to that being your attitude towards every supporter who isn't in reserved seats but insinuating everyone not in said seating requires in your eloquent terms 'a barrel of [censored]' is incredibly poor and likely a good example of why Melbourne supporters in general are seen as arrogant rich flogs amongst the other teams.

• Like 2

It's a challenge- we used to have some of the best footy comedians in the seats near us, footy was always a laugh.  We upgraded to support the club.  Comedy has dropped markedly, passion is still there.  I like that people modify their language (kids sitting around) but still get emotionally invested.  Having some humor and a bit of rough edge adds to,the experience, but too much of it would really be a pain and lessen my enjoyment.  Being in the away seats you see some absolute flogs at some games.  Expect lots of them in Black and yellow on Monday...

On 4/17/2017 at 7:22 PM, monoccular said:

Agree Mono.  I have lost count of the number of times I have been through security at prisons and airports, and am thoroughly aware of the quality of the security. 

The Keystone cops at the football are not providing anything.  Truth is they don't need to be there in the first place, but don't get me started on that.

The reality is that many times I have been through this farcical "wanding" the unit themselves are not turned on, that they are using.  The cursory glances at bags do not detect or deter any wrongdoer.  Previous posts in this thread have spoken of people smuggling alcohol in through the gates.  It is that easy. 

And to top it off...if you go to other AFL venues, it doesn't happen. 

Mono is right...a tokenistic waste of time and money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Yep, that alone should ring loud alarm bells in the govt authorities that control the requirements and licensing of both firearms and security firms. How can a guy dressed in comando gear stroll unchecked around Bourke St mall days after the tragedy carrying a semi automatic handgun without a gun licence but employed by a security firm? Wonder if anything will/has changed after this clown attracted media coverage

• Like 3

A few years ago I got kicked out of the MCG for allegedly swearing in their presence, had as many witnesses around me willing to tell the security guards otherwise, but no they dragged their supervisors down, and was promptly told by them that the employees heard me swear. So they've blatantly lied to their boss, ignored all the witnesses pleas, and kicked me out (We were already 10 goals down to West Coast so I didnt miss much).

Needless to say the ineptitude of the Securecorp grunts and their supervisors was farcical, they had no logical thought patterns for assessing the situation, merely as someone has mentioned what they were told on their short mandatory course as preferred action to follow. 
An polite email the Securecorp early the next week, with a request for explanation of the situation was met with an automated response email, and then I unsurprisingly never heard back from then again.

An more underskilled, unprofessional group of employees I've never seen

• Like 1

I think there should be a safe space for people who don't want to hear swears or jokes.

Also ,the general football public would be much more attractive if some of the uglier patrons were forced to wear hijabs.

• Like 3