Clint Bizkit

Melbourne's Communication and Online

The club has announced some staff changes.  http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-09-15/jackson-promotes-from-within-club

The existing role is now split into Marketing (directed at new stakeholders) and Communications (directed at existing stakeholders).

The latter involves the promotion of 'Ryan Larkin to general manager of stakeholder relationships and communications'.   “Ryan Larkin has built outstanding relationships in the media and across the club’s key stakeholders in his time at the club.  I know this elevation will help to further grow the club’s ability to provide the very best coverage and communications for our club and supporters, along with nurturing the key relationships that are critical for our club’s success.”

Ryan was heavily involved in responding to the post rnd 23 backlash to the club so I doubt we will have that communication fiasco again.

I applaud PJ in recognising the importance of communication with supporters with a specific general manager position.

• Like 4

On 15/09/2017 at 8:59 PM, Blinkybill said:

Great to see a couple of young guns given responsibilities like this. 

They would be cheaper as well.

1 hour ago, Blinkybill said:

Not so, but think that if you wish.

If you promote from within it is usually cheaper than recruiting from the outside.

but if you wish to believe otherwise so be it.

17 minutes ago, old dee said:

If you promote from within it is usually cheaper than recruiting from the outside.

but if you wish to believe otherwise so be it.

I don't just believe so, but never mind. A bit off topic.

Our Development League (Casey) Demons team won a Premiership last weekend and nothing on the Club website! Not nearly good enough! 👎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Our Development League (Casey) Demons team won a Premiership last weekend and nothing on the Club website! Not nearly good enough! 👎

They will get to it in October. 

1 hour ago, mauriesy said:

What's this then?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-09-18/casey-win-afl-development-league-gf

Posted yesterday. No pictures though.

It is an embarrassing short article where they only name one player! Hardly good enough! ☹️

Just now, Demonland said:

To be fair to the club that is an afl.com.au article.

I was referring to the quotes by Goodwin:

"Absolutely, we encouraged him to go and explore his options, and to see what other opportunities may be out there," Goodwin told Channel Seven.

I think the communication from Goodwin  to Watts was ‘fuc£<#off’.  Another PR disaster. It is not the WHAT, it is the HOW it is done. 

4 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I was referring to the quotes by Goodwin:

"Absolutely, we encouraged him to go and explore his options, and to see what other opportunities may be out there," Goodwin told Channel Seven.

What, don't tell the truth?

31 minutes ago, Nasher said:

What, don't tell the truth?

Clearly that was a euphemism for [censored] off Jack!

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
pizz

14 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I think the communication from Goodwin  to Watts was ‘fuc£<#off’.  Another PR disaster. It is not the WHAT, it is the HOW it is done. 

BS speculation again. Give it a rest.

Watts was told home truths. That he was performing below that which is expected of a 9 year 150 game player. He was in a rut and might be better off exploring his opportunities at another club.

He explored those and there was one taker with a pick at 31.

What did you want to do differently oh great list management genius?

• Like 1