Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danelska

Troy Chaplin

10 posts in this topic

He wouldn't have been recruited if he doesn't have nous...but, what does he bring? Can anyone shed any light?

giphy.gif

CHRISTIAN Petracca says the influence of senior coach Simon Goodwin and new offensive coordinator Troy Chaplin have been significant for his game over the summer.

Petracca said Goodwin’s elevation and the injection of Chaplin to the coaching group had been positive for him this pre-season.  

“They’re awesome. They’ve been great,” he told Melbourne TV.

Petracca's words on Chaplin:

“They’ve been really good mentors for me and a lot of other guys.”

Entering his third AFL-listed season, Petracca said he was feeling upbeat about 2017.

He expects to play half-forward and deeper in attack, while he hopes to spend some time in the midfield.

“The body’s feeling well and I’m running a lot better and I’m feeling a lot fitter, which is good,” he said.

“The biggest thing for me this year is playing my role and keep doing what the team needs me to do.

“Whatever Goody and Chappy want me to play, I’ll play it.”

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, CBDees said:

CHRISTIAN Petracca says the influence of senior coach Simon Goodwin and new offensive coordinator Troy Chaplin have been significant for his game over the summer.

Petracca said Goodwin’s elevation and the injection of Chaplin to the coaching group had been positive for him this pre-season.  

“They’re awesome. They’ve been great,” he told Melbourne TV.

Petracca's words on Chaplin:

“They’ve been really good mentors for me and a lot of other guys.”

Entering his third AFL-listed season, Petracca said he was feeling upbeat about 2017.

He expects to play half-forward and deeper in attack, while he hopes to spend some time in the midfield.

“The body’s feeling well and I’m running a lot better and I’m feeling a lot fitter, which is good,” he said.

“The biggest thing for me this year is playing my role and keep doing what the team needs me to do.

“Whatever Goody and Chappy want me to play, I’ll play it.”

Source?

12 minutes ago, binman said:

Touche

Hold on. Perhaps your post was not meant to be ironic. 

Always very hard to know what assistant coaches contribute. Chaplin wasn't a great athlete or superbly skilled so he made a career of being a smart footballer in the right spots.

Probably the best thing you can say for Chaplin is that after being at Richmond for half a season in 2013 Alex Rance suddenly started playing a lot better and went from an ok young player with some upside in to one of the games very best key defenders.

Seems like he'll work with the forwards at the Dees but he's going to know what defenders don't like.

Chappy was a good ordinary player but he has an astute football brain and thinks seriously about his football

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Always very hard to know what assistant coaches contribute. Chaplin wasn't a great athlete or superbly skilled so he made a career of being a smart footballer in the right spots.

Probably the best thing you can say for Chaplin is that after being at Richmond for half a season in 2013 Alex Rance suddenly started playing a lot better and went from an ok young player with some upside in to one of the games very best key defenders.

Seems like he'll work with the forwards at the Dees but he's going to know what defenders don't like.

Could also be said that after he left Port Adelaide (and gave that pretty average farewell) they became an infinitely better side...