Sign in to follow this  
iv'a worn smith

Happy Birthday Neale Daniher

iv'a worn smith    1,844

Some of my fondest footy memories of the MFC occurred under your stewardship.  Cheers Mate.

C4rxrrZXAAAnySB.jpg

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 13

Dante    951

Happy Birthday Danners, each one will be precious to you and hopefully you are feeling well enough to celebrate it.

Cheers.

• Like 4

Vagg    1,052

He's a battler.  Really feel for him, knowing what awaits him in the near future.  Doesn't deserve that!  Enjoy the day, Neale!  And all the best for the future!

• Like 1

Danelska    708

My father died of MND around 9 months ago - same age as Neale - had it for 18 months. During that time - Dad (we're from Portland) met with Neale as part of Daniher's Drive - the family being proud Melbourne supporters were thrilled with how respectful Neale was - Dad at this stage couldn't speak anymore - I suspect faced with how the disease was 'really' going to pan out in due course for Neale really chastened him to connect with Dad over the course of a few chats... champion bloke, and you wouldn't wish the disease on your worst enemy.

• Like 11

daisycutter    13,824
15 minutes ago, Danelska said:

My father died of MND around 9 months ago - same age as Neale - had it for 18 months. During that time - Dad (we're from Portland) met with Neale as part of Daniher's Drive - the family being proud Melbourne supporters were thrilled with how respectful Neale was - Dad at this stage couldn't speak anymore - I suspect faced with how the disease was 'really' going to pan out in due course for Neale really chastened him to connect with Dad over the course of a few chats... champion bloke, and you wouldn't wish the disease on your worst enemy.

sorry to hear that danelska and thanks for sharing, it couldn't be easy. it's a monstrous disease and i hope they find a cure or treatment.

• Like 6

Pates    2,828
On 15/02/2017 at 8:41 AM, Danelska said:

I'm sorry to hear your father and your family had to go through MND. It's a shame that good people like Neale (and I'm sure your father) suffer through this terrible disease, while murderers and worse live to ripe old ages. If there was any universal justice I feel like MND is how it should be dealt out. 

Anyway off that note, Neale's one of the nicest guys I've ever met in the footy world. I still remember after that incredible win at the GABBA in '02 at the German club my dad and I chatted to him (well my dad chatted I was mostly still in shock). Genuine good bloke, I hope it was an enjoyable day for him and his family. 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1