Bobby Clark

Corey Maynard

On 11/16/2017 at 9:05 AM, Redleg said:

At best probably 4-5 years. To get 100 games would be massive from this point and very unlikely. 

Yes, Redleg. 100 games achieved would be excellent for Corey and we'd reckon he could probably get there, too. Just because he is 26 years old does not really mean a great deal to me. What is signifies is sporting experience at a highly competitive level and a certain type of conditioning that has served him well for many observers so far, despite footy being a highly differential code of sport. If he is impressive to those who have seen him and also those with real knowledge beyond that of a mere supporter - eg: Gary Lyon - then maybe one could reserve opinions at this point or give credit to acknowledged potential.  I'd reckon he was spot on for our team and have been impressed with his game and skills yet I have only seen him twice. Let's hope it turns more favourably as the year progresses.

9 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Gawd

Another preseason of talking up list cloggers

Yep, having this guy on our Category B list is really stopping us from developing the next superstar.

I honestly don't care if Maynard never amounts to more than good foot soldier - every premeriship team has a dozen goof foot soldiers behind it and Maynard looks like he could fit that bill to me.  

To put him in the same basket as players like Mitchie, Newton, Pig Dog etc is total BS.  This guy has size, athletic ability and competitiveness/agression running through his veins which to me suggests he will make his mark.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:49 AM, hells bells said:

I know not everyone rates his opinion, but Garry Lyon on SEN yesterday mentioned that he thought Corey could turn into something special.  Can't remember his exact wording but he sounded pretty excited about what he could bring.

Last year he was very bullish about Clayton Oliver before 2017 started, so hopefully he has the same foresight on Corey.

I hope you're right, but I wouldn't hold Gazza's opinion above many others. I think most of us picked Clarry for a big season after Round 1 2016. 

But for the record, Corey certainly has the body and I'm intrigued to see what he brings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

To put him in the same basket as players like Mitchie, Newton, Pig Dog etc is total BS.  This guy has size, athletic ability and competitiveness/agression running through his veins which to me suggests he will make his mark.

We have also already seen a marked steady improvement in Maynard - by some reports, right up until his final game in 2017. This is not the definition of a list-clogger. 

• Like 1