Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The adventures of President Donald Gump

Earl Hood

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

Weren't all Germans conscripted, none of them were volunteers, were they, just doing what they were told and following orders.

Good to see you are still able to stand by the Reich, if Adolph had only paid more attention to petrol and less to gas. 

Sounds like you've also been watching too much Hollywood. Well, it's not surprising, that's where most of America and Australia gets its knowledge of history from.

And, ahem, Dante, who is standing up for the Reich? You sound like the same bully boys who assumed a lot of things about me because I'm German. In the end, they may have won the fisticuffs that followed - it was always me against at least 15 - but not one of them ever came within a centimeter of the truth.

2 minutes ago, dieter said:

In an ideal world a bomb planted by - ah well, let's face it, it will inevitably be a false flag operation, in other words some Muslim stooge will take the blame - a white supremacist who is convinced Agent Orange won't kill enough Mexicans, Muslims and Blacks and the lot of them die long agonizing deaths. 

Somehow I don't believe that's going to happen. 

More to the point is that Trump's M.O. is working ... he's not trying to win everyone over.  He's got his potential target audience and he is simply playing to them.  It quite literally is like a reality TV show where a maximum rating can be achieved and if that rating is gained, the win is attained.

Looking at it all with a conventional mind is out the window ... that thinking doesn't necessarily apply.

Just now, Biffen said:

Give it a few more years.

Forgot about Angela, if she was in charge the Ottoman Empire would still rule Europe and any attempt to kick them out would have been met with a protest by the [censored] left wing Germans.

4 minutes ago, dieter said:

Sounds like you've also been watching too much Hollywood. Well, it's not surprising, that's where most of America and Australia gets its knowledge of history from.

And, ahem, Dante, who is standing up for the Reich? You sound like the same bully boys who assumed a lot of things about me because I'm German. In the end, they may have won the fisticuffs that followed - it was always me against at least 15 - but not one of them ever came within a centimeter of the truth.

There is plenty of historical footage of the Fuehrer in front of the adoring masses, no one needs to see any Hollywood films to understand what happened, unless you are in denial, you would know as well. I don't have a problem with the German people but don't pretend that the past never happened.

8 minutes ago, Dante said:

Forgot about Angela, if she was in charge the Ottoman Empire would still rule Europe and any attempt to kick them out would have been met with a protest by the [censored] left wing Germans.

Andrej Tarkovsky once replied to a question put to him at a public forum where he was the guest speaker. He considered the question for a while then he looked the man in the eye and said, 'You are a very stupid man.'

Just pretend I'm Andrej Tarkovsky and you have just said what you wrote above. 

You guessed it, Dante, that's what I would have said to you.

Next point....

9 minutes ago, Dante said:

There is plenty of historical footage of the Fuehrer in front of the adoring masses, no one needs to see any Hollywood films to understand what happened, unless you are in denial, you would know as well. I don't have a problem with the German people but don't pretend that the past never happened.

Do you have dementia or do you have a compulsive obsessive disorder?

This is about the only way I can fathom how Hitler and adoring masses got into this discussion.

For the record, sweetie, my father had nothing to do with Hitler. So,please, leave off or at least make an attempt to write something sane or witty. I try all the time.

I know, casting pearls before the swineherd.

Edited by dieter

16 minutes ago, dieter said:

Just been reading about anxiety expressed in the USA by Psychiatrists about Trump's mental health. Just do Google news, it's on as we squeak.

So the Psychiatrists have anxiety ?

Typical.

They can give me a ring but I charge whatever I feel like and make it up as I go.

It's only fair.

Edited by Biffen

10 minutes ago, dieter said:

Do you have dementia or do you have a compulsive obsessive disorder?

This is about the only way I can fathom how Hitler and adoring masses got into this discussion.

For the record, sweetie, my father had nothing to do with Hitler. So,please, leave off or at least make an attempt to write something sane or witty. I try all the time.

I know, casting pearls before the swineherd.

If you follow this thread and can't understand what I've said, then I can't help you.  I have tried to make it simple for you but it still seems to be too hard for you to understand.

Maybe if you put the hat on it might help you to think.

Edited by Dante

The issues going forward for Trump is going to be can he and his administration govern and make laws unimpeded?  The red-tape, bureaucracy,  protocols and such-like are going to create barriers that he & his administration may not be able to overcome. 

In a short space of time we've already seen his security advisor (Flynn) removed and the muslim ban lifted ... the wall and whether it will ever get built is another obstacle and there will be numerous other issues that may incur stumbling blocks.  Winning an election & remaining popular is one thing but being able to govern effectively once that win happens is another entirely different matter.

In order to govern effectively he's going to have to play the game and build up good relationships with as many large groups & bodies as possible (his own party, the Democrats (especially in the senate), the media, the FBI, CIA, NSA etc etc)  Luckily he's got the majority of Republicans on his side (for now) but he won't want to cross-swords with too many from the GOP.

The mid-terms (2018) brings about a full election in the House of representatives and whilst the margin is quite substantial right now, an electorate ready for change can soon swing that margin about. 

51 minutes ago, dieter said:

Just been reading about anxiety expressed in the USA by Psychiatrists about Trump's mental health. Just do Google news, it's on as we squeak.

is google news better than hollywood, diets? have i been wasting my time reading pravda trying to understand the left?

• Like 1

Just now, daisycutter said:

is google news better than hollywood, diets? have i been wasting my time reading pravda trying to understand the left?

In one word: yes.

Why: because you get truth tellers on Google News: why the ABC, just for a start. they'll tell you what great rescuers the White Helmets are, though they have trouble explaining why they keep rescuing the same girl all the time.

Then there's the Australian, the Herald Sun, the Courier Mail, which is not an Aboriginal newspaper, the name implies it is all about the Couries, the Telegraph, the Advertiser from Footy town Adelaide - I was in Goolwa when the Walsh tragedy happened in 2015, the Advertiser's first 30 pages were devoted to it the next day - and all these papers tell the truth and nothing but especially about climate change and foreign policy, and sometimes on Google News you also get some absolute pearls from you guessed it, Mr Righteous, Andrew the Bolter himself. Oh, and Greg Sheridan and Mr henderson will also regularly quote cardinal pellster, and Greg Sherdian has a hotline straight to the Israeli ambassador and he knows all the facts about the middle east, almost before they even happen, amazing grace, I know.

45 minutes ago, Dante said:

If you follow this thread and can't understand what I've said, then I can't help you.  I have tried to make it simple for you but it still seems to be too hard for you to understand.

Maybe if you put the hat on it might help you to think.

Which planet do you live on Dante Aleghieri? Are you in Hades these days? Or where?????Can I find you on google map?

16 minutes ago, dieter said:

In one word: yes.

Why: because you get truth tellers on Google News: why the ABC, just for a start. they'll tell you what great rescuers the White Helmets are, though they have trouble explaining why they keep rescuing the same girl all the time.

Then there's the Australian, the Herald Sun, the Courier Mail, which is not an Aboriginal newspaper, the name implies it is all about the Couries, the Telegraph, the Advertiser from Footy town Adelaide - I was in Goolwa when the Walsh tragedy happened in 2015, the Advertiser's first 30 pages were devoted to it the next day - and all these papers tell the truth and nothing but especially about climate change and foreign policy, and sometimes on Google News you also get some absolute pearls from you guessed it, Mr Righteous, Andrew the Bolter himself. Oh, and Greg Sheridan and Mr henderson will also regularly quote cardinal pellster, and Greg Sherdian has a hotline straight to the Israeli ambassador and he knows all the facts about the middle east, almost before they even happen, amazing grace, I know.

you didn't mention facebook, diets, my personal favourite news source just pipping twitter and the warcry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biffen said:

Mujahadeen,Isis,Isil,Daesh,AlQueda,AlShabab.

The common thread is that they are the enemy  and they are also Muslim.

While the west trips over itself to give them the correct title they form another terrorist organisation or say it's just a lone wolf attack.

Why do you believe Christianity is linked with hard right politics?

Catholics once dominated the ALP. 

You get all your white guilt mixed up with your politics and your perception of the underdog.

In a world of  7 billion people with 1.8 billion Muslims-Christians are the underdog.Jews too.

You need to read history to understand the 1400 year old struggle Europe and Christianity has had to keep the Muslim hordes from trying to kill everyone that isn't Muslim.

Haha, what are you talking about Biffboy? There are 2.2 billion Christians to 1.8 Muslims. Oh, poor Christians. They're outnumbered. Oh wait.

Christianity is conservative. Right wing politics is conservative. Pretty well known link. Not to mention the link between white supremacy and Christianity. Many KKK klans are openly protestants as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macca said:

The issues going forward for Trump is going to be can he and his administration govern and make laws unimpeded? The red-tape, bureaucracy,  protocols and such-like are going to create barriers that he & his administration may not be able to overcome. 

In a short space of time we've already seen his security advisor (Flynn) removed and the muslim ban lifted ... the wall and whether it will ever get built is another obstacle and there will be numerous other issues that may incur stumbling blocks.  Winning an election & remaining popular is one thing but being able to govern effectively once that win happens is another entirely different matter.

In order to govern effectively he's going to have to play the game and build up good relationships with as many large groups & bodies as possible (his own party, the Democrats (especially in the senate), the media, the FBI, CIA, NSA etc etc)  Luckily he's got the majority of Republicans on his side (for now) but he won't want to cross-swords with too many from the GOP.

The mid-terms (2018) brings about a full election in the House of representatives and whilst the margin is quite substantial right now, an electorate ready for change can soon swing that margin about. 

Well, if they go against the constitution, then no. They won't be able to, fortunately.

And hopefully this has been a massive wake up for the neoliberal elements in the Democratic Party and that they rid themselves of it. Start representing the people, instead of the elite and they'll win in a landslide. Some thinking to do though, because they're as spineless as the ALP.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, A F said:

Haha, what are you talking about Biffboy? There are 2.2 billion Christians to 1.8 Muslims. Oh, poor Christians. They're outnumbered. Oh wait.

Christianity is conservative. Right wing politics is conservative. Pretty well known link. Not to mention the link between white supremacy and Christianity. Many KKK klans are openly protestants as well.

you're a very sad lettuce leaf, adam. but keep digging that holy hole

why on earth would anyone bring up the kkk, there are just a social club of nutcases these days

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, A F said:

Well, if they go against the constitution, then no. They won't be able to, fortunately.

And hopefully this has been a massive wake up for the neoliberal elements in the Democratic Party and that they rid themselves of it. Start representing the people, instead of the elite and they'll win in a landslide. Some thinking to do though, because they're as spineless as the ALP.

Yep, they should have already changed tack and there were many saying that they lost sight of their core values a number of years ago.  Are they listening?  Hillary's campaign message was "Don't vote for Trump" and it failed spectacularly. 

But Trump's main concern for now is the Republican party ... the senate majority is not a large one and if he wants policy to flow unimpeded, he needs to butter them up.  Even 2 votes the other way can blocks bills and in some cases a 60/40 vote is required (supreme court judge appointments etc etc)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

you're a very sad lettuce leaf, adam. but keep digging that holy hole

why on earth would anyone bring up the kkk, there are just a social club of nutcases these days

Plenty of inmates there. a lot of them straight from this site.

On 18/02/2017 at 2:03 PM, Macca said:

Perhaps people here can create another thread or take your conversations to the other threads that are not pertaining to Trump.

All things not appropriate to Trump are being yapped about here. 

Hey, the Trump press conference on Thursday was a huge story - anyone got anything to add? Good or bad - I'm not fussed.

Sigh, not sure anyone is listening re non-Trump posts, Macca.  But I'll take up your invitation!

Here is an interesting comment about the worries regarding Trumps state of mind after Thursday's press conference:  "President Trump's mental state is like a train that long ago left freewheeling and iconoclastic, has raced through indulgent, chaotic and unnerving, and is now careening past unhinged, unmoored and unglued."   http://www.theage.com.au/world/americans-take-an-anxious-journey-to-the-centre-of-donald-trumps-mind-20170219-gugc6j.html

The Republicans must be getting very worried with his rants, his inane 'fake news' claims and the smoke screens he constructs.  They know how much Trump was/is involved with the Russians and are keeping their powder dry.  They will not impeach him until he has gone over the line or over the edge one way or another.  When it suits them they will pounce. 

The White House has become a great stage for the very best of Machiavellian dramas!!  If it wasn't all so serious, it would be a great laugh!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

15 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Sigh, not sure anyone is listening re non-Trump posts, Macca.  But I'll take up your invitation!

Here is an interesting comment about the worries regarding Trumps state of mind after Thursday's press conference:  "President Trump's mental state is like a train that long ago left freewheeling and iconoclastic, has raced through indulgent, chaotic and unnerving, and is now careening past unhinged, unmoored and unglued."   http://www.theage.com.au/world/americans-take-an-anxious-journey-to-the-centre-of-donald-trumps-mind-20170219-gugc6j.html

The Republicans must be getting very worried with his rants, his inane 'fake news' claims and the smoke screens he constructs.  They know how much Trump was/is involved with the Russians and are keeping their powder dry.  They will not impeach him until he has gone over the line or over the edge one way or another.  When it suits them they will pounce. 

The White House has become a great stage for the very best of Machiavellian dramas!!  If it wasn't all so serious, it would be a great laugh!

Trump has hit upon a way of winning that's never been seen before ... at least, I've never seen anything like it.  And that cannot be downplayed.  

The support he has is unwavering but there's a cut-off point where it swings completely the other way.  With not much in between. 

His issue is how to govern unimpeded with so much hostility about.  I reckon we're just going to see more of the same until a pivotal moment is reached.  What that moment might be is anyone's guess though. 

The rally in Florida was all too predictable ...designed to galvanise his support base and again, it's working.  

But he ultimately needs to govern well and that's where I see him failing.  I'd be open to changing my mind if all the Republican senators & congressmen were right behind him. 

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Trump has hit upon a way of winning that's never been seen before ... at least, I've never seen anything like it.  And that cannot be downplayed.  

The support he has is unwavering but there's a cut-off point where it swings completely the other way.  With not much in between. 

His issue is how to govern unimpeded with so much hostility about.  I reckon we're just going to see more of the same until a pivotal moment is reached.  What that moment might be is anyone's guess though

The rally in Florida was all too predictable ...designed to galvanise his support base and again, it's working.  

But he ultimately needs to govern well and that's where I see him failing.  I'd be open to changing my mind if all the Republican senators & congressmen were right behind him. 

I can think of a few things that might make that 'pivotal moment' when the Republican Party will no longer support him. Agree when that moment is is anyone's guess. 

But for now, the phrase: "give him enough rope and ..." comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

or, as Leonard Cohen sang, in 'Democracy is coming to the USA', because it has the best and the worst. Not sure about his definition of 'Best'. Best bomb droppers, maybe....

On 2/19/2017 at 7:39 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I can think of a few things that might make that 'pivotal moment' when the Republican Party will no longer support him. Agree when that moment is is anyone's guess. 

But for now, the phrase: "give him enough rope and ..." comes to mind.

There has to be a moment where Trump absolutely crosses a line that is an impeachable offence (and that may or may not occur)  The Russian stuff is not going away but there needs to be proof-positive of wrongdoing.  And it has to be linked back to Trump. 

Nixon resigned before certain impeachment but it took an age & the Democrats stood by Bill Clinton in the senate when he was in the throes of being impeached.  It's important to note that 67 of the 100 senators would need to vote to impeach. 

But somehow I reckon he may either survive his way through or something odd/weird/strange happens that ends his presidency.  A 2nd term is unlikely but this is America we're talking about LH! 

Edited by Macca

50 minutes ago, Macca said:

There has to be a moment where Trump absolutely crosses a line that is an impeachable offence (and that may or may not occur)  The Russian stuff is not going away but there needs to be proof-positive of wrongdoing.  And it has to be linked back to Trump. 

Nixon was impeached but it took an age & the Democrats stood by Bill Clinton in the senate when he was in the throes of being impeached.  It's important to note that 67 of the 100 senators would need to vote to impeach. 

But somehow I reckon he may either survive his way through or something odd/weird/strange happens that ends his presidency.  A 2nd term is unlikely but this is America we're talking about LH! 

yeah, macca, that 1st term was pretty unlikely too.  making predictions (wishes) in this climate is a fool's game. plenty of surprises to come. order up on popcorn.