Jump to content





  •  
longsuffering

Training - Friday 16th December, 2016

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Courtney_Fish said:

I’ve never seen this site so optimistic – will we win our first game?

Naa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Courtney_Fish said:

I’ve never seen this site so optimistic – will we win our first game?

 

7 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Nope

It will be the loss Demonland had to have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

 

It will be the loss Demonland had to have.

I'd like to think the loss we have to have will come in round 20 when an undefeated Demons come up against an undefeated Giants. Then when we play them in the grand final we will hand them their only loss of the season ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact: Hogan is generally an accurate set-shot at goal, regardless of his unorthodox action and technique.

Fact: Hogan lacks penetration, depth and power to his kicking regardless of what is said by demonland's most avid training watcher.

Fact: Both are facts and do not need to be argued.

Facts are kewl.

Facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, picket fence said:

One thing coming through loud and clear to me is the gap between our best and worst is almost shut.

What I mean by that is, previously we copped and injury or three to our star players and we were cactus due to the fact that our next tier were NQR.

What I now see is serious SERIOUS competetion for places and the next tier ready to take the slack of our elite players and... not lose to much class!

I see a very good year in the making! Very good indeed!:P

did you see the geelong game ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Fact: Hogan is generally an accurate set-shot at goal, regardless of his unorthodox action and technique.

Fact: Hogan lacks penetration, depth and power to his kicking regardless of what is said by demonland's most avid training watcher.

Fact: Both are facts and do not need to be argued.

Facts are kewl.

Facts.

Fact: Generally using the word generally in a fact makes the fact far too open to interpretation to be considered a useful fact. 

Fact: The point you were making is accurate.

Fact: Frogs can't swallow with their eyes open.

 

Edited by ArtificialWisdom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Fact: Generally using the word generally in a fact makes the fact far too open to interpritation to be considered a usefull fact. 




 

Still true but. 

He is generally an accurate set-shot. His conversion rate over his two years are the facts. 

But yeh it sounds odd.

Can't wait for Planet Earth II to drop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Fact: Generally using the word generally in a fact makes the fact far too open to interpretation to be considered a useful fact. 

Fact: The point you were making is accurate.

Fact: Frogs can't swallow with their eyes open.

 

And one legged ducks swim in circles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Still true but. 

He is generally an accurate set-shot. His conversion rate over his two years are the facts. 

But yeh it sounds odd.

Can't wait for Planet Earth II to drop.

Seen it, Loved it. Hans Zimmer music for it is fantastic also. But thats a story for another thread

Yeah his conversion rate is good enough. he just seems to be a bit streaky, 7.1 one week then 1.4 another. thats 8.5 which is a good average but id like to see him kick 3.2 each week rather than vary wildly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Still true but. 

He is generally an accurate set-shot. His conversion rate over his two years are the facts. 

But yeh it sounds odd.

Can't wait for Planet Earth II to drop.

Mate, this is the age of the Internet. It's been out there for a bit, and no ads. Well worth a watch though no ocean episode!

Edited by AmDamDemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Satyriconhome, or @DeeSpencer

Without sugar coating, please advise of Trengoves progress.

Is he regaining any explosive speed? The old "moving well" is far too vague.

Will he be able to accelerate and move fast enough to play the modern game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Seen it, Loved it. Hans Zimmer music for it is fantastic also. But thats a story for another thread

Yeah his conversion rate is good enough. he just seems to be a bit streaky, 7.1 one week then 1.4 another. thats 8.5 which is a good average but id like to see him kick 3.2 each week rather than vary wildly 

Thought it was one of Hans Zimmer or John Williams. Both genius minds.

19 minutes ago, AmDamDemon said:

Mate, this is the age of the Internet. It's been out there for a bit, and no ads. Well worth a watch though no ocean episode!

I want the disc @1080p with no buffering interuptions. Santy Clause better bring the goods.

Go Dees.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, faultydet said:

@Satyriconhome, or @DeeSpencer

Without sugar coating, please advise of Trengoves progress.

Is he regaining any explosive speed? The old "moving well" is far too vague.

Will he be able to accelerate and move fast enough to play the modern game?

 

I know I don't attend training as often as those two but I did detail my observations of Trenners in a training thread from a few weeks back.

My concern is that visibly there is no change to the area that generates acceleration and power (glutes and thighs). He is still too top-heavy and his lower half looks much less developed than the top. So I don't think we'll be seeing any changes to his pace at this stage.

Sadly I think his midfield days are numbered such is the quality and depth that we seem to have. I think positionally he needs to be moved around if he's any chance of becoming a regular 22 player. Perhaps a Half Forward permanent role or even Half Back. Competition for spots is becoming pretty hot everywhere however.

Injuries and Nab cup form will give us a better idea but on the positive side, we're clearly in a pretty healthy position list-wise if a player of Trengove's talent can't get a gig. He'll never lose that.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, faultydet said:

@Satyriconhome, or @DeeSpencer

Without sugar coating, please advise of Trengoves progress.

Is he regaining any explosive speed? The old "moving well" is far too vague.

Will he be able to accelerate and move fast enough to play the modern game?

 

Imo, you won't really know until you see him in an intraclub or practice match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faultydet said:

@Satyriconhome, or @DeeSpencer

Without sugar coating, please advise of Trengoves progress.

Is he regaining any explosive speed? The old "moving well" is far too vague.

Will he be able to accelerate and move fast enough to play the modern game?

 

Oh that's right Trenners has always been slow, he is moving really well doesn't seem to have an issue during match sim, but then again I didn't think he had an issue before the injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Oh that's right Trenners has always been slow, he is moving really well doesn't seem to have an issue during match sim, but then again I didn't think he had an issue before the injury

Wow.. So you didn't think that when an ageing Darren Glass sprinted past him in a foot race for the ball in round 2 2014 that it was quite alarming that his speed wasn't a big issue?? 

I remember this footage like yesterday. It was quite sad actually because i knew then that he still had issues and his speed hadn't improved at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Still true but. 

He is generally an accurate set-shot. His conversion rate over his two years are the facts. 

But yeh it sounds odd.

Can't wait for Planet Earth II to drop.

41 goals to 33 behinds suggests he was not an accurate set shot this year.  Average would be a better word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DubDee said:

41 goals to 33 behinds suggests he was not an accurate set shot this year.  Average would be a better word

I said his conversion rate over his career.

85 goals and 52 behinds.

Generally accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wow.. So you didn't think that when an ageing Darren Glass sprinted past him in a foot race for the ball in round 2 2014 that it was quite alarming that his speed wasn't a big issue?? 

I remember this footage like yesterday. It was quite sad actually because i knew then that he still had issues and his speed hadn't improved at all.

[censored], I can't remember what I watched at training last week, mainly because I don't watch looking to be able to criticise, we have covered the area of speed ad infinitum.

If Trenners can get back to full fitness his quickness between the ears will stand him in good stead, he is on a 1 yr contract if he doesn't crack a spot on a regular basis on the AFL side we all know what the outcome will be whether he is fast or not, watching him at training this year reckon his 'speed' puts him in the same group as Trac and Brayshaw when doing speed work

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×