Whispering_Jack

The Great Deepression - a book

One of our posters Supermercado writes a great blog for bigfooty and he's just finished writing his own book called "The Great Deepression" - I gather it's about Melbourne's recent hard times.

Judging from his blog, it should make interesting and entertaining reading and would have to be better than some of the footy books I've read in the past (the bio of Peter Matera for example). 

You can order here and remember, when he wins the Nobel Prize for Literature you will be able to say you knew him when!  

I've ordered mine and will review it at some time in the future. 

• Like 14

Might hold off on reading that til we win a flag. To soon. 

Otherwise well done SuperM

i've read the blog for years and it is full of humour and straight talking . no hesitation in reccommending it to anybody interested in our great game

• Like 4

i've read the blog for years and it is full of humour and straight talking . no hesitation in reccommending it to anybody interested in our great game

Same. He is a brilliant writer, full of humour and with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the club. 

On 22/10/2016 at 4:55 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

One of our posters Supermercado writes a great blog for bigfooty and he's just finished writing his own book called "The Great Deepression" - I gather it's about Melbourne's recent hard times.

Judging from his blog, it should make interesting and entertaining reading and would have to be better than some of the footy books I've read in the past (the bio of Peter Matera for example). 

You can order here and remember, when he wins the Nobel Prize for Literature you will be able to say you knew him when!  

I've ordered mine and will review it at some time in the future. 

Thanks for the plug WJ, and I can assure anyone who thinks that it will be a non-stop 800 page cavalcade of misery that the many and varied disgraces of the #fistedforever list are covered in the best possible taste.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

Thanks for the plug WJ, and I can assure anyone who thinks that it will be a non-stop 800 page cavalcade of misery that the many and varied disgraces of the #fistedforever list are covered in the best possible taste.

Judging by your tweeting tonight, I'm guessing that Mitch Clark gets a gig somewhere in those 800 pages.

Just now, The Third Eye said:

Judging by your tweeting tonight, I'm guessing that Mitch Clark gets a gig somewhere in those 800 pages.

His career is certainly covered, but after he retired the first time I lost interest. I've got too much hate for $cully (now there's somebody who keeps rating a mention after he leaves) to feud with anyone else.

• Like 2

My volume of The Great Deepression arrived today beautifully timed to coincide with a portend of what could well become  the next Great Depression in the form of the result of the US Presidential election.

My volume looks sensational - well done Adam. 

I look forward to reading it from cover to cover.

• Like 2

Mine arrived today. 793 pages of misery. Culminating in round 23 against geelong. I can't wait. 

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, Supermercado said:

Great stuff although you must have deleted The Templeton and Balme years to get it down to '800 pages of misery in the nicest possible taste.'

The decade finishing this year. 2007-2016.

Although there is a brief intro that covers Super's personal history in the 80s.

Thanks all - and if you ordered but haven't received yet I should have it with you by this time next week at the latest.

Bump

The events of 105.2 % could now serve as an epilogue to this book. 

The harsh road travelled is so long and dark I can now no longer see where it started from, nor remember where it all began.

I can only see ahead into the distance but not beyond a small knoll , there is a faint light behind it but I see no further, what is behind it I don't know anymore , nor do I try to imagine.

I simply just keep walking towards it. 

Go dees!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Still being written...

the Hardest thing in this life we lead is Barracking for The Melbourne Football Club. 

I have absolutely no doubt about that......

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1

I only just discovered the blog this season - it's one of the best blogs I've ever read. Can't bring myself to read the Great Dee-pression though, as it encompasses the entire period of my Demons supporting life (I am a Pommy immigrant).

• Love 1

Yeah I too have become a regular reader. Always knew it existed but never knew it was this good.

You should all get this book. 800 pages worth of sweat and tears. At the very least, it will make for a redemptive bucket-load of confetti on grand final day.

Comrades, apologies for plugging my own [censored] but I'm doing an order directly from Amazon for a few people who want kooky nonsense written on the inside cover. So, if you're interested or want to torment friends/family for Christmas DM me on here or via Twitter @demonblog. 

Otherwise it's available any time via the Createspace link above or via Amazon. Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm confident that the first year of the sequel turned out 100% on brand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

Comrades, apologies for plugging my own [censored] but I'm doing an order directly from Amazon for a few people who want kooky nonsense written on the inside cover. So, if you're interested or want to torment friends/family for Christmas DM me on here or via Twitter @demonblog. 

Otherwise it's available any time via the Createspace link above or via Amazon. Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm confident that the first year of the sequel turned out 100% on brand.

Feel free to plug anytime you want. In fact we'd love to have you on the Podcast in the new year to discuss the book and other depressing Dees related stuff.

• Like 4