• Demonland Interviews

Sign in to follow this  
Toorak

A Day at the Races

6 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yeah sorry i screwed up and lost track of the time...or possibly days....Voodoo Lad plc was my best. Messed up in Maastricht Macca ! :(

Paid alright for the win i think...how did you guys go with the picks?

Unfortunately no addition to the strike rate from yesterday Wadda but at this time of the year finding winners is a difficult task.  And from what I've heard Maastricht will never be the same after your exploits.  More like Mayhem in Maastricht!

I often go to exacta's in the racing off-season and managed to snag the collect in the Winterbottom.  Didn't include Malaguerra so would have missed the trifecta if I went down that path. 

And Voodoo Lad was a last minute inclusion due to our support of the horse here on this thread. 

Anyway,  all the talk here is of the inaugural running of the 'Jericho Cup' later today ... here's the form for the race

The race has been named in honour of our diggers and the horses they were associated with during WW1 in the Middle East ... they raced a 3 mile event during that time so this inaugural race marks the 100th anniversary.  There is a lot more to the story though ... read more here

Australian Group & Listed Races

Best Bet Strike Rate

64: 22 - 8 - 9

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, what a win. I thought no way at the turn, looked too wide and too far back, stunning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Wow, what a win. I thought no way at the turn, looked too wide and too far back, stunning.

And Damien Oliver just picked up the ride on 'Trap for Fools' in the Kingston Town Classic to be run on Saturday ... the horse is fresh off winning the McKinnon a month ago. 

Here's the latest odds for the $1Million Kingston Town Classic.  Looks to be a race between the locals Arcadia Queen,  Galaxy Star,  Material Man & former local Trap for Fools.  Gatting has been racing well also but the top 4 look the most likely. 

image.thumb.png.c1b2c63b2644b28e6ecd7e77f1c8dd81.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, Macca said:

And Damien Oliver just picked up the ride on 'Trap for Fools' in the Kingston Town Classic to be run on Saturday ... the horse is fresh off winning the McKinnon a month ago. 

Here's the latest odds for the $1Million Kingston Town Classic.  Looks to be a race between the locals Arcadia Queen,  Galaxy Star,  Material Man & former local Trap for Fools.  Gatting has been racing well also but the top 4 look the most likely. 

image.thumb.png.c1b2c63b2644b28e6ecd7e77f1c8dd81.png

I shall have a look. Nice spotting.

I will most likely be doing the long flights that Friday Sat, after a final Armageddon in Amsterdam ! :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I shall have a look. Nice spotting.

I will most likely be doing the long flights that Friday Sat, after a final Armageddon in Amsterdam ! :)

Go out with a bang Wadda. Hope you’ve had a great trip. For me, I think it’s time to hit the paddock for a spell. The arrival of the 4th foal/ Junior Dee is imminent in the DZ household. 😛

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Best Bet

Doomben 

Race 7 Number 4 Prioritise (Win) $3.10 TAB

• Like 2

Best Bet

Ascot  Race 5 No.1  The Velvet King  $3.10

• Like 1

Arcadia Queen - Wow!

Heading for the $7.5 Million Golden Eagle in November you'd reckon.  Daylight to 2nd and made the rest look 2nd rate. 

Material Man & Galaxy Star battled on well for 2nd & 3rd but the winner really is something special. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Macca said:

Arcadia Queen - Wow!

Heading for the $7.5 Million Golden Eagle in November you'd reckon.  Daylight to 2nd and made the rest look 2nd rate. 

Material Man & Galaxy Star battled on well for 2nd & 3rd but the winner really is something special. 

Wow, exactly Macca. What a win! New bubs arrived this afternoon and didn’t have any time to watch the races but managed to catch this one on the phone. Spectacular win. 

Well done on The Velvet King pick too. Just watched the replay of my pick. The two favourites seemed to have cut each other up at the front and mine didn’t give a yelp. 

Will try and put something in Monkey Business as well.

• Love 1

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

Wow, exactly Macca. What a win! New bubs arrived this afternoon and didn’t have any time to watch the races but managed to catch this one on the phone. Spectacular win. 

Well done on The Velvet King pick too. Just watched the replay of my pick. The two favourites seemed to have cut each other up at the front and mine didn’t give a yelp. 

Will try and put something in Monkey Business as well.

Congratulations DZ ... 4 tackers! 

You're a marvel ... actually,  your wife is the marvel.  Great news and all the best mate.  4 little Demons running around - there's hope for the club yet!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Congratulations DZ ... 4 tackers! 

You're a marvel ... actually,  your wife is the marvel.  Great news and all the best mate.  4 little Demons running around - there's hope for the club yet!

Cheers Macca, never pictured 4. The wife’s definitely the stronger one. Still amazed to be honest and pretty cool to have 4 little Dees in the house. 

Best i go and update the total in the membership thread 😛.

• Like 1

Some great racing at Sha Tin today with Beauty Generation,  Exaltant  & Mr Stunning all winning in fine style - read more here

Australian Group & Listed Races

Best Bet Strike Rate

67: 23 - 8 - 10

Replay - Kingston Town Classic

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Found 4 decent betting races for the weekend in 4 different States ... one sprint race with the other 3 races ranging from 1350m up to a mile.  Some good types in all 4 races.

• Like 1