• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
Toorak

A Day at the Races

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

Haha, it wasn’t me, my mate was hoping the money was right. Unfortunately it didn’t put in a good run at all. 

Yeah the horse never really got going DZ - jumped well and was ok early but didn't quicken at the 2 furlong mark.  There will be easier races against lesser rated horses for El Mag at this stage of the horses career.  It can still get in at a good weight in a BM70. 

• Like 2

Australian Group & Listed Races

Best Bet Strike Rate

57: 21 - 6 - 9

• Like 2

Back full circle to Sandown this week although the fields are not overly strong,  all things considered.  Still,  there are some good betting races to be had (Races 5,  7,  8 & 9 have an even spread of chances)

The 3 feature races at Ascot (WA) this Saturday holds some interest as well - building nicely to the 3 Group 1's coming up over the next month or so.  Pounamu won't be seen though which is a shame - in the paddock at the owners property (somewhere in NSW) after having a minor setback.  Trainer not happy. 

Material Man will be back however after bypassing the Spring over here. 

Full Card - Sandown Hillside Saturday 17th

Full Card - Ascot (WA) Saturday 17th

• Like 2

For something a little different here's Equestrian legend Andrew Hoy on 'After the Last' shown earlier tonight.  A fascinating character and a real high achiever - gives some great insights in the interview.

Andrew Hoy - After the Last

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best Bet

Sandown Race 3 No.7  Into the Abyss  $3.80

• Like 2

Best Bet

Sandown Race 8 

2 Ventura Storm $6.00

• Like 2

Sorry moving around a lot atm, didnt get a chance to put one in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Sorry moving around a lot atm, didnt get a chance to put one in.

You didn't miss a great deal from my point of view Wadda ... did a lot of 2nd guessing today and therefore managed to miss with some obvious standouts such as Yogi,  Ringerdingding,  Cool Passion & The Taj Mahal. 

Got a decent collect with 'Most Important' saluting in the Stakes race at Doomben but slim-pickings otherwise.  However,  I fancy my chances in the three Group 2 races at Sha Tin tomorrow ... here's the form.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Macca said:

You didn't miss a great deal from my point of view Wadda ... did a lot of 2nd guessing today and therefore managed to miss with some obvious standouts such as Yogi,  Ringerdingding,  Cool Passion & The Taj Mahal. 

Got a decent collect with 'Most Important' saluting in the Stakes race at Doomben but slim-pickings otherwise.  However,  I fancy my chances in the three Group 2 races at Sha Tin tomorrow ... here's the form.

Damn, i wold have taken Taj Mahal as the last week in spring is the only race he ever wins!!

Good luck at Sha Tin

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Damn, i wold have taken Taj Mahal as the last week in spring is the only race he ever wins!!

Good luck at Sha Tin

Well I liked Ventura Storm in the Zipping Classic and it was DZ's best bet as well ... but as was the case with a number of horses that have been performing well recently,  a lot of them had come to the end of their preparations.  My choice (Into the Abyss) didn't run on either.

If only the horses could actually talk hey Wadda?  🙄 They generally don't show those signs until the moment it happens.  Still,  I've had a more than decent Spring Carnival and the attention now turns to Ascot (WA) ,  Sha Tin & the Doomben Summer features a number of races that holds a bit of appeal as well. 

The Ballarat Cup is on next Saturday and that race is always a keenly contested affair.  No doubt targeted by DK Weir of course!  😏