Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Sign in to follow this  
Toorak

A Day at the Races

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Reporting in from up in the hills of Indonesia en route to Europe. Ill try and get on when i can and when i have a connection.

Had a bit of a look and i think i cant go past ....opps just had a power blackout.......Flemington Race 8 No 3 Native Soldier $3.20

Not much else in the race and a good price.

Cant get through to Ladbrokes for some reason? I may just have to be there in spirit this week

Good choice Wadda ... was tossing up between Native Soldier & Cliff's Edge and then saw the place odds for Cliff's Edge and that swayed me.  Seemed overs for such a classy galloper.  And Native Soldier has real speed and is getting better.  A good 'Get-On'

Enjoy your trip mate ... we'll be barracking hard here for the Demons tomorrow night.  Most people I've spoken to have tipped us so we're in with more than a chance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Good choice Wadda ... was tossing up between Native Soldier & Cliff's Edge and then saw the place odds for Cliff's Edge and that swayed me.  Seemed overs for such a classy galloper.  And Native Soldier has real speed and is getting better.  A good 'Get-On'

Enjoy your trip mate ... we'll be barracking hard here for the Demons tomorrow night.  Most people I've spoken to have tipped us so we're in with more than a chance. 

Thanks very much Macca, its well overdue, 4 years since i last ventured anywhere interesting. Pity i cant go to the footy, but i figure that will be just another reason they will keep winning!  Both good horses  there i think also. Lets hope we have a better week than last weeks debacle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Bet.

Royal Randwick 

Race 5 Number 2 Pierata $3.30

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Best Bets so far ...

  • Flemington Race 3 No.5 Cliffs Edge (place only) $3.20
  • Randwick Race 5 No.2 Pierata $3.40
  • Flemington Race 8 No.3 Native Soldier $3.30

Combined odds (boosted) 33-1

Good luck all and Go the Mighty Demons Tonight! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for lateness. My best is fighting harada at morpehitville. Race 2 no 1.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos was certainly unlucky, kept in a pocket and didn’t see daylight. Wouldn’t completely say he was a certainty beaten as the bolter did finish off the race with a barnstorming run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Santos was certainly unlucky, kept in a pocket and didn’t see daylight. Wouldn’t completely say he was a certainty beaten as the bolter did finish off the race with a barnstorming run.

And Cliff's Edge couldn't get out after having the perfect run ... not to worry,  the win last night makes up for any losses today.  Still, there's a ways to go today DZ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, binman said:

Apologies for lateness. My best is fighting harada at morpehitville. Race 2 no 1.

Scratched at the barrier BM ... the horse can't take a trick!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Fighting Harada out I had a bit on 'Brutal' instead ... fought extremely hard to the line and won.  Looks a very likely type leading all the way with the long straight involved.

Casey playing well in the Prelim ... keep the wins coming! 😁

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew, I Am A Star by a wart as the racecaller mentioned. A tad in front now after a little each way on the horse. I got $8 fixed but it blew out to $10, won’t complain though.

Winx....what more can we say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Phew, I Am A Star by a wart as the racecaller mentioned. A tad in front now after a little each way on the horse. I got $8 fixed but it blew out to $10, won’t complain though.

Winx....what more can we say.

Winx just way too good for that field ... the Turnball Stakes & Cox Plate awaits but the mighty mare is as good as ever.  Hard to see Winx getting beaten and there is talk that the connections might continue on to the Sydney Autumn.  Why not?

Nice collect for you DZ with 'I Am a Star' ... it was due but the odds were attractive.

Casey need to get a wriggle on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Winx just way too good for that field ... the Turnball Stakes & Cox Plate awaits but the mighty mare is as good as ever.  Hard to see Winx getting beaten and there is talk that the connections might continue on to the Sydney Autumn.  Why not?

Nice collect for you DZ with 'I Am a Star' ... it was due but the odds were attractive.

Casey need to get a wriggle on

 Cheers Macca.

Loved her last 100m, she was revving it up nicely!

Casey are struggling at the moment Macca. Time to put our coaches hats on, Bombers seem quicker through the middle, maybe we should try Jeffy for a few quick stints in there??

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

 Cheers Macca.

Loved her last 100m, she was revving it up nicely!

Casey are struggling at the moment Macca. Time to put our coaches hats on, Bombers seem quicker through the middle, maybe we should try Jeffy for a few quick stints in there??

We need to something ... the loser goes home.

Now playing with house money after landing the trifecta with Miss Fabulass.  The 'Frankel' filly looks to have a big future.  A huge turn of foot. 

Wonder if Singo has shouted the bar yet?  He's got a nice horse for the future!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Bet Strike Rate

24: 7 - 4 - 4

Australian Group & Listed Races

And here's the 'George Main Stakes' &  'Makybe Diva Stakes' from yesterday ...

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 standout races for Saturday with another 6 Group races on offer in 3 States.  2 of those being at Morphettville with both being good betting races.  Anyway,  here are the 4 main features.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Macca said:

4 standout races for Saturday with another 6 Group races on offer in 3 States.  2 of those being at Morphettville with both being good betting races.  Anyway,  here are the 4 main features.

Santos in the Golden Rose. As we’ve said previously, the horse was unlucky last start and some weren’t too happy with the ride Macca. $16 is about the right price, some young guns competing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Macca said:

Haha, went through the form on the plane and chose my best before looking on here and ended up with the same horse as you Macca. Came up with the following. 

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 9 Number 2

Ellicazoom $4.60

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Haha, went through the form on the plane and chose my best before looking on here and ended up with the same horse as you Macca. Came up with the following. 

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 9 Number 2

Ellicazoom $4.60

Good odds for Ellicazoom DZ ... I'm a fan and the horse is from the Hayes clan as well.  Big fields at Caulfield so the dividends will be up - especially for trifecta punters like me. 

I've included 'Santos' in a Box5 trifecta as well as 'Seabrook' at good odds.  Santos just needs a good possie on the pace and we know how well Seabrook can finish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

Good odds for Ellicazoom DZ ... I'm a fan and the horse is from the Hayes clan as well.  Big fields at Caulfield so the dividends will be up - especially for trifecta punters like me. 

I've included 'Santos' in a Box5 trifecta as well as 'Seabrook' at good odds.  Santos just needs a good possie on the pace and we know how well Seabrook can finish.

Haven’t heard anything about Santos yet. Will try and post the latest if I can. I think he’s a sneaky chance at odds. Having a ball here at the moment, met Allen Jakovich and his brother at a pub a short time ago. Amazing, they had a beer with us and had us in stitches. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hey......reporting in from cloudy Amsterdam. The match is going to be on at 7.30am here so that will be a new one.

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 8 No 4 Osborne Bulls $6.00

This horse is probably a group horse in the making and this is a test. The bad thing is its a big race with 19 starters, but i think it can win. If not the place is paying 2.70 so each way all day.

Go Dees.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 best bets in ...

Caulfield  Race 7  No.10  Night's Watch  $2.90 (was 3.90)

Caulfield Race 9 Number 2 Ellicazoom $4.60

Caulfield Race 8 No 4 Osborne Bulls $6.50

 

Combined odds 85-1 (100-1 Boosted)

 

Good luck all and Go The Mighty Demons  :blink:

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies. My best is sin to win. Race 4 number 6 at rosehill. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just woke up here. Looks like some of these races will clash with the match? Im not too sure of all the times....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×