Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

18 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Just woke up here. Looks like some of these races will clash with the match? Im not too sure of all the times....

The feature races clash with the footy but not to worry ... I'm recording all the racing and will just keep checking my balance at Laddies.  Hopefully a win/win/win/win etc etc with the Demons taking absolute precedence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

The feature races clash with the footy but not to worry ... I'm recording all the racing and will just keep checking my balance at Laddies.  Hopefully a win/win/win/win etc etc with the Demons taking absolute precedence.

I wont see any racing. If there are any Goodwins pun intended, post them up later if possible. Go Dres. Very nervous here.

• Like 1

A few standout's out of yesterday's racing ...

• The Autumn Sun stormed home to win the 'Golden Rose' in commanding fashion ... now a 2.80 favourite for the Caulfield Guineas with daylight to the rest
  • The Irish import Jungle Cat stole the show in the 'Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes' ... ran 01.22.31 for the 1400m @ Caulfield which is a very slick time at that course.  Was paying way overs too.  Next up is the 'Toorak Hcp' according to the trainer.  Looked very impressive yesterday carrying the big weight.
  • Night's Watch won very well and is now guaranteed a start in the 'Caulfield Cup' (8-1 third favourite) but will run a week earlier apparently in the G1 Caulfield Stakes over 2000m ($1Million)

We snagged 1 winner from 4 out of our best bets yesterday but also picked up a 2nd & a 3rd whilst our 4th pick came 5th.  Ellicazoom looked a winner but didn't quite finish off and Sin To Win had every chance but is one to follow.  Night's Watch was our winner.  Osborne Bulls met up with some very classy types but still ran a close-up 5th.

Best Bet Strike Rate

28: 8 - 5 - 5

Australian Group & Listed Races

Watch Night's Watch win the 'Naturalism Stakes' here

And watch Jungle Cat win the 'Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes' here

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Macca said:

A few standout's out of yesterday's racing ...

• The Autumn Sun stormed home to win the 'Golden Rose' in commanding fashion ... now a 2.80 favourite for the Caulfield Guineas with daylight to the rest
  • The Irish import Jungle Cat stole the show in the 'Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes' ... ran 01.22.31 for the 1400m @ Caulfield which is a very slick time at that course.  Was paying way overs too.  Next up is the 'Toorak Hcp' according to the trainer.  Looked very impressive yesterday carrying the big weight.
  • Night's Watch won very well and is now guaranteed a start in the 'Caulfield Cup' (8-1 third favourite) but will run a week earlier apparently in the G1 Caulfield Stakes over 2000m ($1Million)

We snagged 1 winner from 4 out of our best bets yesterday but also picked up a 2nd & a 3rd whilst our 4th pick came 5th.  Ellicazoom looked a winner but didn't quite finish off and Sin To Win had every chance but is one to follow.  Night's Watch was our winner.  Osborne Bulls met up with some very classy types but still ran a close-up 5th.

Best Bet Strike Rate

28: 8 - 5 - 5

Australian Group & Listed Races

Watch Night's Watch win the 'Naturalism Stakes' here

And watch Jungle Cat win the 'Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes' here

Thanks Macca. Surprised that Osborne ran 5th? But then wasnt the greatest weekend for sporting results.

Weve still only missed 10 times from 28 punts. Not bad.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Thanks Macca. Surprised that Osborne ran 5th? But then wasnt the greatest weekend for sporting results.

Osborne was up against some very good types Wadda ... Jungle Cat,  Home of the Brave,  Land of Plenty,  Showtime,  Peaceful State etc.  It was an authentic Group 1 field and Osborne Bulls was first time up in a Group race (albeit handicap conditions)

Carrying only 55 kgs it had a real chance and it was only beaten by 1.3 lengths - it wasn't far away. The winner (Jungle Cat) looked all class though.  Definitely one to follow as it can obviously carry weight.  It's performances in Dubai certainly stacked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads-up for next weekend ... there are no fewer than 17 Group races being held across 3 venues across 3 days (Friday Evening - Moonee Valley,  Saturday - Randwick,  Sunday - Caulfield) 

5 Group 1's including the Moir Stakes,  Epsom Hcp,  Metropolitan Hcp,  Flight Stakes & Underwood Stakes.  And the Group 2 Premiere Stakes at Randwick should have 5 'Everest' runners engaged. 

Brave Smash & Nature Strip should both be running in the Moir Stakes whilst 'Grunt' will clash with Charlie's Appleby's big import 'Blair House' in the Underwood.  The 2 Guineas Prelude's are being held on Underwood Stakes day as well.

That's on top of 2 Grand Finals in the 2 biggest codes in the Country being played on the same weekend.  That's what you call a big weekend in sport. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Macca said:

Just a heads-up for next weekend ... there are no fewer than 17 Group races being held across 3 venues across 3 days (Friday Evening - Moonee Valley,  Saturday - Randwick,  Sunday - Caulfield) 

5 Group 1's including the Moir Stakes,  Epsom Hcp,  Metropolitan Hcp,  Flight Stakes & Underwood Stakes.  And the Group 2 Premiere Stakes at Randwick should have 5 'Everest' runners engaged. 

Brave Smash & Nature Strip should both be running in the Moir Stakes whilst 'Grunt' will clash with Charlie's Appleby's big import 'Blair House' in the Underwood.  The 2 Guineas Prelude's are being held on Underwood Stakes day as well.

That's on top of 2 Grand Finals in the 2 biggest codes in the Country being played on the same weekend.  That's what you call a big weekend in sport. 

Think i can get Racing.com here, but its a pretty early start. Might get to see some of the later races. Hope you got home ok from Perth DZ.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Think i can get Racing.com here, but its a pretty early start. Might get to see some of the later races. Hope you got home ok from Perth DZ.

Thanks Wadda. That stadium was unbearable yesterday. We are at the gate lounge for a midnight ( Perth time) flight home and of course it’s been delayed. Didn’t see much racing yesterday, will try and catch some replays tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Had an incredibly frustrating day on sat.

Goes without saying the footy was a nightmare.

Punting was not in the same universe, let alone ballpark, in terms of frustration but very annoying still.

Had one those days where I narrowed races to two and pulled the wrong reign. Happened about 4 times. Also made two straight out errors choosing the wrong horse (tulip and noire). I backed Eduardo at odds and thought it was home.

Punters lament. Looking forward to being able to focus fully on punting now footy season is over. I like this weekend schedule. Good racing Friday to Sunday. 

Grand final? What grand final?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A host of Group racing this weekend and here are the main 6 features ... all of them good betting races too.  There are a few short-priced favourites in 4 of the features but those horses are up against some high quality rivals.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

A host of Group racing this weekend and here are the main 6 features ... all of them good betting races too.  There are a few short-priced favourites in 4 of the features but those horses are up against some high quality rivals.

Thanks Macca. I think I might be leaving the Sydney races on all day Saturday, I don’t think I can handle watching the Pies in a GF. 

I quickly had a look at the fields above and there are some quality horses going around at great value ( double figure odds for some). 

Friday gives me an opportunity to study a lot more, I will change the method this week. I will look for horses around the $20 and above which i believe are genuine winning chances. That and the best bets of course.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Thanks Macca. I think I might be leaving the Sydney races on all day Saturday, I don’t think I can handle watching the Pies in a GF. 

I quickly had a look at the fields above and there are some quality horses going around at great value ( double figure odds for some). 

Friday gives me an opportunity to study a lot more, I will change the method this week. I will look for horses around the $20 and above which i believe are genuine winning chances. That and the best bets of course.

The Premiere Stakes at Randwick is a Group 1 race in terms of quality ... Shoals & Santa Ana Lane can't be discounted in the race too.  Both at double figure odds.  A bit of give in the track brings both horses into it too

The race is like a mini-Everest with 6 of the starters engaged in the Everest a fortnight later.  2 of the other Everest runners are in the Moir Stakes Friday night and with 1 slot left open in the Everest,  Viddora & a couple of others have a chance to stake their claim.  And Chautauqua has a jump-out scheduled for Friday night as well.  It's all happening!

I'll be doing my usual Box5 trifecta's whilst hoping that my 4th & 5th picks can run 1st & 2nd!  There's value aplenty across the 3 meetings though. 

'Get-On' & Sky's 'Form Line' show will be must viewing tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Macca said:

The Premiere Stakes at Randwick is a Group 1 race in terms of quality ... Shoals & Santa Ana Lane can't be discounted in the race too.  Both at double figure odds.  A bit of give in the track brings both horses into it too

The race is like a mini-Everest with 6 of the starters engaged in the Everest a fortnight later.  2 of the other Everest runners are in the Moir Stakes Friday night and with 1 slot left open in the Everest,  Viddora & a couple of others have a chance to stake their claim.  And Chautauqua has a jump-out scheduled for Friday night as well.  It's all happening!

I'll be doing my usual Box5 trifecta's whilst hoping that my 4th & 5th picks can run 1st & 2nd!  There's value aplenty across the 3 meetings though. 

'Get-On' & Sky's 'Form Line' show will be must viewing tomorrow night. 

Im going slightly early as im moving around a bit atm and dont always have wifi.

Im with you Macca, i think Shoals can do some damage here, its got upset written all over it.......im going to make it my best for a place. At 13/1 its bound to pay something decent for the place. The danger is theres only 8 in the race and if there is a late scratching, then its not so good.

Best Bet:

Royal Randwick Race 5 No 6 Shoals    $3.30 (Plc)

F the grand final. Thank god its on at 7.30am here.....oeps...slept in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Im going slightly early as im moving around a bit atm and dont always have wifi.

Im with you Macca, i think Shoals can do some damage here, its got upset written all over it.......im going to make it my best for a place. At 13/1 its bound to pay something decent for the place. The danger is theres only 8 in the race and if there is a late scratching, then its not so good.

Best Bet:

Royal Randwick Race 5 No 6 Shoals    $3.30 (Plc)

F the grand final. Thank god its on at 7.30am here.....oeps...slept in.

Nice pick Wadda ... the Premiere Stakes  will probably be upgraded to Group 1 status soon enough too.  2 weeks out from the 'Everest',  many of the sprinters from the Everest will continue to contest the $500k race.  Very classy field as it was last year when 'In Her Time' won.

The racing is going to be great on the weekend ... really looking forward to it. 

My Best Bet is in the Underwood Stakes at Caulfield on Sunday

Caulfield  Race 8 No.9  Grunt  $3.40

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Nice pick Wadda ... the Premiere Stakes  will probably be upgraded to Group 1 status soon enough too.  2 weeks out from the 'Everest',  many of the sprinters from the Everest will continue to contest the $500k race.  Very classy field as it was last year when 'In Her Time' won.

The racing is going to be great on the weekend ... really looking forward to it. 

My Best Bet is in the Underwood Stakes at Caulfield on Sunday

Caulfield  Race 8 No.9  Grunt  $3.40

Yep.....great pick Macca. I like Grunt also and you just have to throw in Humidor for the quinella which will pay well.

No TABs in Belgium unfortunately, but figured out if i get a VPN and set it to Melbourne, i can still have a punt......you beauty.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yep.....great pick Macca. I like Grunt also and you just have to throw in Humidor for the quinella which will pay well.

No TABs in Belgium unfortunately, but figured out if i get a VPN and set it to Melbourne, i can still have a punt......you beauty.

The wonders of the internet hey Wadda!

One of your favourites 'Voodoo Lad' is out of the Moir Stakes tonight .... it is still a crack field though with any number of chances including the boom sprinter 'Nature Strip'

Been having a bit of luck with the Country Cups this year so I may have a bit of a go at the Benalla Cup this afternoon.  Weir sets his horses for these Cups and he's got 3 of the 11 runners engaged today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Been having a bit of luck with the Country Cups this year so I may have a bit of a go at the Benalla Cup this afternoon.  Weir sets his horses for these Cups and he's got 3 of the 11 runners engaged today. 

One of my previous bests Mongolian Wolf is running in the race Macca. From Adelaide to Newcastle, now Benalla, takes covering distance to a new meaning.

Are you going the usual tri or is there a runner that sticks out in your mind? 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

One of my previous bests Mongolian Wolf is running in the race Macca. From Adelaide to Newcastle, now Benalla, takes covering distance to a new meaning.

Are you going the usual tri or is there a runner that sticks out in your mind? 

Just a box5 DZ ... nothing jumps out at me although the favourite 'Mr Garcia' has strong claims.  I'm hoping that a couple of my 'value' runners can beat it home. 

With these Country cups it's more a matter of looking for the horses that might have been set for the race ... and we know that Weir targets these races.

• Like 2

Weir got 1st,  2nd & 4th in the Benalla Cup ... missed on Lord Fandango of course but thems the breaks.  Went for a bit of value so nothing ventured,  nothing gained.

I will be watching the DK Weir horses in the feature races in the bush over the Spring. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Weir got 1st,  2nd & 4th in the Benalla Cup ... missed on Lord Fandango of course but thems the breaks.  Went for a bit of value so nothing ventured,  nothing gained.

I will be watching the DK Weir horses in the feature races in the bush over the Spring. 

Placed a small wager on Mongolian Wolf each way. Ran on well but 4th doesn’t pay unfortunately. 

I’ve placed a 4 leg multi at Valley tonight.

Race 1- 2 Sunset Watch $2.50

Race 2- 1 I Am A Star $1.75

Race 3- 3 Trap For Fools $2.00

Race 5- 4 Leonardo Da Hinchi $1.85

Odds $16.18 with TAB.

Some money has come in for a couple of the above, the multi was showing $23 earlier in the day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Placed a small wager on Mongolian Wolf each way. Ran on well but 4th doesn’t pay unfortunately. 

I’ve placed a 4 leg multi at Valley tonight.

Race 1- 2 Sunset Watch $2.50

Race 2- 1 I Am A Star $1.75

Race 3- 3 Trap For Fools $2.00

Race 5- 4 Leonardo Da Hinchi $1.85

Odds $16.18 with TAB.

Some money has come in for a couple of the above, the multi was showing $23 earlier in the day.

Good luck with the 4 pick DZ ... I haven't looked at the first 2 races but 'I Am A Star' is a very good horse.  'Trap For Fools' loves the Valley and should win. 

In fact,  I reckon if Sunset Watch salutes,  you'll get the 4. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ended up taking an early quaddie @Dee Zephyr  which is unusual for me but Sunset Watch gets the first leg up.  I've included 2 of your 3 remaining choices as well as a couple of spec chances. 

I've targeted races 3,  5,  6 & 7 for some trifecta action.  The Valley is good Friday night entertainment with the footy over & done with.

• Like 2

Just now, Macca said:

Ended up taking an early quaddie @Dee Zephyr  which is unusual for me but Sunset Watch gets the first leg up.  I've included 2 of your 3 remaining choices as well as a couple of spec chances. 

I've targeted races 3,  5,  6 & 7 for some trifecta action.  The Valley is good Friday night entertainment with the footy over & done with.

Good luck tonight Macca, I thought it was a strong win by Sunset Watch especially after a break. 

With you mate, I thoroughly enjoy the Valley on a Friday night during the warmer months.

• Like 2

Best Bet.

Morphetville Race 5 

Number 1 Heptagon $2.70

Not a strong race and was impressive last start in a field of only 5 runners. Settled last and was very strong to the line. The middle sectionals were slow which gives the win some merit. J Kah to take the ride again.

• Like 2

And now 'I Am A Star greets the judge ... very impressive.  Wasn't even going to have a bet in the first 2 races but have picked up a trifecta & a F4.  Smallish dividends but I'll take the wins.  Plus,  I'm alive in the quaddie. 

Your multi bet is looking good @Dee Zephyr  ... I've got both of your choices going as well so here's hoping.

• Like 2