Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

The main interest from Tonight's racing from Royal Ascot centres around 'Cracksman' in the 2000m Prince of Wales Stakes

Cracksman is at prohibitive odds (4-7) so I'll be just taking a look only as I can't see it being beaten ... stranger things have happened though with a number of the favoured runners from last night not getting amongst it (notably Benbatl,  Rhododendron,  Lady Aurelia & Romanised)

Cracksman is one of the invites for the Cox Plate and with the increase in prizemoney it would be great to see the horse measure up against the mighty mare Winx.  Is it unusual (these days) for a horse to run in a Cox Plate & a Melbourne Cup in the same year?  Back in the day it used to happen a lot.  All 3 on the rare occasion (Caulfield Cup included)

• Like 2

@Dee Zephyr  @binman  @Wadda We Sing 

Trifecta time again and this week we see the final Group 1 for the season ... and our last go at it in terms of putting together a winning combination until we start up again in the Spring (or late winter?)

Anyway ... here are 2 choices or there might be another race that takes your fancy ...

Doomben Race 8  Tatts Tiara  1350m  Group 1 $500k

Royal Ascot  Diamond Jubilee Stakes 1200m  Group 1  $1Million

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Macca said:

@Dee Zephyr  @binman  @Wadda We Sing 

Trifecta time again and this week we see the final Group 1 for the season ... and our last go at it in terms of putting together a winning combination until we start up again in the Spring (or late winter?)

Anyway ... here are 2 choices or there might be another race that takes your fancy ...

Doomben Race 8  Tatts Tiara  1350m  Group 1 $500k

Royal Ascot  Diamond Jubilee Stakes 1200m  Group 1  $1Million

G’day Macca. I prefer the Tiara for this week.

El Magnificence to go up against Nature Strip in the 3rd at Flemington on Saturday. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, binman said:

Tatts tiara gets my vote. It's hard enough doing oz form!

Ha ha!  Too true BM!

For what it's worth,  here is my 2/4/6 trifecta combo for Saturday's Diamond Jubilee Stakes 1200m  Group 1  $1Million  ... 12,  14 / 3,  8,  12,  14 / 1,  2,  3,  8,  12,  14.  The 2 Aussie horses are right in it and I've marked them on top with just a smidgen of bias. 

Anyway, the Tatts Tiara  1350m  Group 1 $500k  it is then.  Here's the order ...

• Like 2

While I think of of it,  here are the 4 Group 1's from Royal Ascot decided so far ... tonight see's the Group 1 Gold Cup run over 4000m - the 3 popular fancies are all a chance to visit our shores for the 2 big cups (or at least the Melbourne Cup)

What I like about the uploads from 'Racing UK' is that you won't necessarily know who the winners are - they simply just upload the races.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My best bet is another horse that Dan Zephyr ran against along with Lite 'n' In My Veins in the same race!  The form line from that race back in December has been quite impressive. 

Flemington Race 7  No.1  Ozi Choice $2.70 (boosted)

Ran a very quick time (1:20.96) over the 1400m at its last start win and is ideally suited here at Flemington again.  3 of the 'Get On' crew have it as their best bet and 'Gator' declared it as the best bet Australia-wide for Saturday! 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Macca said:

Anyway, the Tatts Tiara  1350m  Group 1 $500k  it is then.  Here's the order ...

Hi all.

Trifecta selection. Thought I’d get in early while the mood is good. Tonight will be busy on here.

Number 4 Prompt Response $7.00 & $2.70

Last year’s runner-up striving to go one better. Can’t fault her consistency this preparation and is racing extremely well. Adrian Bott stated she’s open to further improvement after the Dane Ripper Stakes and she’s in great shape. 

Drawn well to gain a spot in the first few and should be in the finish. Tough field is an understatement. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Hi all.

Trifecta selection. Thought I’d get in early while the mood is good. Tonight will be busy on here.

Number 4 Prompt Response $7.00 & $2.70

Last year’s runner-up striving to go one better. Can’t fault her consistency this preparation and is racing extremely well. Adrian Bott stated she’s open to further improvement after the Dane Ripper Stakes and she’s in great shape. 

Drawn well to gain a spot in the first few and should be in the finish. Tough field is an understatement. 

Stole my thunder DZ but it's a wide-open betting race ... I'll jump in early just because if I choose a horse that Wadda was going to pick he gets another choice.  And so on and so forth - I guess that's how it kinda works hey?

The last 2 picks are the all-important ones in a way as the early picks are the more obvious standouts that tend to pick themselves.  Wadda will occupy those 2 spots when we resume proceedings in the early Spring. 

Anyway,  I figured someone was going to choose Champagne Cuddles so it may as well be me ... drawn an inside barrier just like Prompt Response plus both horses are in very good form.  As well as that,  I've snagged the last 2 winners in our trifecta combo's so I'm in for the 3peat!  

So here's how we sit ...

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Couple of Group 1's at Royal Ascot tonight

Race 3 features the 3yo's over the 1200m  - Commonwealth Cup  whilst Race 4 involves the 3yo fillies over the mile - Coronation Stakes

And here's a replay of the Group 1 Gold Cup (4000m) from last night ...

• Like 2

Demons go down against Port ... no legs in the greater part of the 2nd half and we were under pressure for a lot of our possessions.  Hard to win when that happens.  Not disgraced though but we do need to regroup. 

Trifecta Strike Rate

2 from 10  < $138.90 >

Best Bet Strike Rate

64:  28 - 13 - 4

Australian Group and Listed Races

n.b.  I've based our trifecta money result on boxing the 5 picks but with an outlay of only half a unit ($30.00)  Each time we win,  I will halve the dividend to correspond with the outlay. 

Also thought up some names for our trifecta picks just for some added interest.  Let me know what you reckon of the descriptions or if you've got your own thoughts on what we might call each choice.  In order as for this week ...

• The Lead ............ Prompt Response No.4 (Dee Zephyr)
  • The Value  .......... @Wadda We Sing 
  • The Steadier ......  Champagne Cuddles No.15 (Macca)
  • The Cruncher .....  @binman 
  • The Clincher ....... @binman

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Macca said:

Demons go down against Port ... no legs in the greater part of the 2nd half and we were under pressure for a lot of our possessions.  Hard to win when that happens.  Not disgraced though but we do need to regroup. 

Trifecta Strike Rate

2 from 10  < $138.90 >

Best Bet Strike Rate

64:  28 - 13 - 4

Australian Group and Listed Races

n.b.  I've based our trifecta money result on boxing the 5 picks but with an outlay of only half a unit ($30.00)  Each time we win,  I will halve the dividend to correspond with the outlay. 

Also thought up some names for our trifecta picks just for some added interest.  Let me know what you reckon of the descriptions or if you've got your own thoughts on what we might call each choice.  In order as for this week ...

• The Lead ............ Prompt Response No.4 (Dee Zephyr)
  • The Value  .......... @Wadda We Sing 
  • The Steadier ......  Champagne Cuddles No.15 (Macca)
  • The Cruncher .....  @binman 
  • The Clincher ....... @binman

We never win after the Bye. We did way better than Richmond and WC did there. Impossible to win those sorts of games if the umps are against it. I dont usually complain but it was very inconsistent and they invented new rules. Disappointing but not the end of the world. Hope we dont get to many injuries from it. Reckon Tom will have a hairline rib fracture.....but i digress... 

Going for No 5 Super Cash

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Going for No 5 Super Cash

Good choice Wadda

Over to BM to finish things off ...

• Prompt Response .......... No.4  $6.50
  • Super Cash ................... No.5  $10.00
  • Champagne Cuddles ..... No.15  $5.50
  • @binman 
  • @binman 
  • Like 2

Shame about last night fellas, we carry on though with the “Best Bets”.

Randwick R9 No.1 Bandipur. $2.50.

Always a risk backing a horse first-up in the heavy but the horse competed well in stakes level last prep. Trialled well recently, goes well on a heavy track and the wide barrier might be an advantage late in the day.

• Like 2

WFA for fillies and mares race so i I am going to trust the ratings.

Daysee Doom, with 111 rates on top, has pretty good first up record (5: 2 - 2), likes it good (14: 6 - 3) and the distance (6: 4 - 2). Seems pretty good vale.

My other selection is Savanna Amour. At 106 has a good enough rating, good win last start in unsuitable ground. Likes the track ( 3: 2 - 0) and the good going (12: 6 - 3). In this class is 4: 2 - 1 so has the runs on the board. Barrier one might be a concern if she gets boxed in but if she gets a nice smother might be able to trail leader and be there at the pointy end.

Good luck punters

Edited by binman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Macca said:

Good choice Wadda

Over to BM to finish things off ...

• Prompt Response .......... No.4  $6.50
  • Super Cash ................... No.5  $10.00
  • Champagne Cuddles ..... No.15  $5.50
  • @binman 
  • @binman 

Ozi Choice is also a good pick Macca. Anchor into everything else for the weekend.

Best Bets

Flemington Race 7 No 1 Ozzie Choice $2.20

Flemington Race 9 No 7 Man From Uncle  $4.80

Randwick R9 No.1 Bandipur. $2.50.

Thats approx $26.00 for your lazy $1. Good luck guys

• Like 2

Alright,  here are our 5 choices for the Tiara (3,  4,  5,  10,  15) ... good luck all and lets see if we can snag a decent collect before the break.  Of course the racing goes on and we can still nominate our best bets to keep the thread moving along.  

My main interest for the next 2 months will be with the flat racing from the UK and following the fortunes of Redkirk Warrior & Merchant Navy.   Oh,  and Pounamu in the Strickland Stakes next Saturday!

• No.4    Prompt Response  $6.00
  • No.5    Super Cash  $12.00
  • No.15  Champagne Cuddles  $5.50
  • No.3    Daysee Doom  $14.00
  • No.10  Savanna Amour  $9.50

• Thanks 1

Here are the replays of the 2 Group 1's from Royal Ascot raced overnight ... the Commonwealth Cup & the Coronation Stakes  It all wraps up later tonight with the Diamond Jubilee Stakes featuring Redkirk Warrior & Merchant Navy.   The race is on the free-to-air channel at 1.20am.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

El Magnifico is paying $6.70 Plc coming up in Race 3. Quinella with Nature Strip could be one idea.......good value considering its last run.

That is good odds Wadda ... gotta be worth $5 each-way. 

I'm on!

• Like 2

Ran well but just missed

Nature Strip ran 1:02.26 for the 1100m  which is a quick enough time on a good track but this track is graded as a Soft5.  In the Weir stable now - Nature Strip is back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Ran well but just missed

Nature Strip ran 1:02.26 for the 1100m  which is a quick enough time on a good track but this track is graded as a Soft5.  In the Weir stable now - Nature Strip is back. 

El Magnifico is a good horse, no doubt about it. But why is it racing at Flemington against horses of this grade? Nature Strip is heading for a Grp 1 career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Ran well but just missed

Terrific win by Nature Strip. Smashed them really. El wasn’t disgraced in that grade, looked like the horse ran 1400m rather than 1100m by the time it took to get to the outside rail. Hopefully he’ll be better for the run.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

El Magnifico is a good horse, no doubt about it. But why is it racing at Flemington against horses of this grade? Nature Strip is heading for a Grp 1 career.

Not that it would have made a difference but I did speak to mate prior to the race and connections were a bit perplexed why they went with Park as the jockey. They wanted the same apprentice as his first-up run so they could claim down to 51kg. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1