Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

11 minutes ago, Macca said:

It's such a shame with Chautauqua ... at his best the horse has breathtaking finishing speed.  Of course,  the horse has won over $8.8Million for the connections but let's hope the end isn't nigh anyway. 

And there's another story connected to 'Tom Melbourne' ... apparently Blake Shinn had the persuader tangled up with the reins for the last 300 metres in Saturday's Ajax Stakes ... so the horse wasn't given every chance to win.  Good old Tom just can't take a trick.

Anyway,  a picture tells a thousand words ...

image.thumb.png.e6bc1e17d7eb0c56544bc8891c56fe99.png

Classic pic Macca, you’re right, no need to say anything else.

Poor old Tom, I had no idea that occurred.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Macca said:

It's such a shame with Chautauqua ... at his best the horse has breathtaking finishing speed.  Of course,  the horse has won over $8.8Million for the connections but let's hope the end isn't nigh anyway. 

And there's another story connected to 'Tom Melbourne' ... apparently Blake Shinn had the persuader tangled up with the reins for the last 300 metres in Saturday's Ajax Stakes ... so the horse wasn't given every chance to win.  Good old Tom just can't take a trick.

Anyway,  a picture tells a thousand words ...

image.thumb.png.e6bc1e17d7eb0c56544bc8891c56fe99.png

Just an amazing photo.

• Like 2

Ok Im going early........Ive been waiting for this for a while. Rosehill Guineas Ace High. 2.50 now....he might come in, but i hope not much. Will beat this lot over 2000.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok Im going early........Ive been waiting for this for a while. Rosehill Guineas Ace High. 2.50 now....he might come in, but i hope not much. Will beat this lot over 2000.

You can get 5.00 for 'Ace High' Wadda ... which, by the way,  is very good odds as I'm as confident as you are with regards to the horses chances.  Might be 'All-in' betting but it could be assumed that the horse will run (?)

While I'm here,  here's a link to all the Podcasts from Radio Station RSN927 ... this morning's interview by Michael Felgate with trainer Colin Little was fascinating (scroll down to Racing Pulse on that link to listen)

Other podcasts to look out for within that link are ... 'The Verdict' (Mondays) & 'The Breakfast Club Podcast' (Monday to Friday) ... there's a stack of others though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macca said:

You can get 5.00 for 'Ace High' Wadda ... which, by the way,  is very good odds as I'm as confident as you are with regards to the horses chances.  Might be 'All-in' betting but it could be assumed that the horse will run (?)

While I'm here,  here's a link to all the Podcasts from Radio Station RSN927 ... this morning's interview by Michael Felgate with trainer Colin Little was fascinating (scroll down to Racing Pulse on that link to listen)

Other podcasts to look out for within that link are ... 'The Verdict' (Mondays) & 'The Breakfast Club Podcast' (Monday to Friday) ... there's a stack of others though. 

Where do you get 5/1 on ACE Macca? I havent fired up my Ladbrokes account yet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Where do you get 5/1 on ACE Macca? I havent fired up my Ladbrokes account yet.

Even the Tab are paying 5.00 ... and Sportsbet.  Ladbrokes 4.60.  But it's all-in betting I believe. 

It will shorten you'd reckon.   A week ago it was showing 3.00 so it's another mystery. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Even the Tab are paying 5.00 ... and Sportsbet.  Ladbrokes 4.60.  But it's all-in betting I believe. 

It will shorten you'd reckon.   A week ago it was showing 3.00 so it's another mystery. 

Yes your right it was 3.00 last week. But i saw it as 2.50 this morning. Ill have to go and have another look.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I think all it has to do is run down Cliffs Edge, which ran on Friday night. No easy task, but Ace will prevail! (ok im barraking)

Well ... there's your exacta/quinella Wadda (Ace High/Cliff's Edge)  I reckon they've got the others covered.  D'argento could run on. 

The query is the weather and the state of the track ... given the forecast at best it might end up being a soft 6 or soft 7 but it could end up being heavy conditions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Well ... there's your exacta/quinella Wadda (Ace High/Cliff's Edge)  I reckon they've got the others covered.  D'argento could run on. 

The query is the weather and the state of the track ... given the forecast at best it might end up being a soft 6 or soft 7 but it could end up being heavy conditions. 

Didnt know about the rain. bit of a concern then. Only 2 starts in the heavy, but over shorter ground. Might need some more insight into that in that case.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Didnt know about the rain. bit of a concern then. Only 2 starts in the heavy, but over shorter ground. Might need some more insight into that in that case.

It changes a lot of the thinking doesn't it Wadda? ... especially in the Slipper where a bolter could get up if the track is really heavy. 

'Written By' has won on a heavy8 though :ph34r: ... and then we've got 'Santos' and my favourite 'Sunlight'.  The winner could come from those 3.  But if  the conditions are really heavy then who knows?  'Performer' has drawn wide as has Estijaab'

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Macca said:

It changes a lot of the thinking doesn't it Wadda? ... especially in the Slipper where a bolter could get up if the track is really heavy. 

'Written By' has won on a heavy8 though :ph34r: ... and then we've got 'Santos' and my favourite 'Sunlight'.  The winner could come from those 3.  But if  the conditions are really heavy then who knows?  'Performer' has drawn wide as has Estijaab'

To be honest racing is enough of a lottery as it is without throwing heavy rain into the mix.....and in a 2yo old race? Forget it. Might have to swing over to Morphettville! How are we going tracking down our new gurus tips?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

To be honest racing is enough of a lottery as it is without throwing heavy rain into the mix.....and in a 2yo old race? Forget it. Might have to swing over to Morphettville! How are we going tracking down our new gurus tips?

I've reached a dead-end Wadda ... however,  he might give them out on 'Get On' which airs on a Thursday night on the racing channel. 

I reckon we'll probably end up doing what we did last week ... but I don't ordinarily like betting on the run. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Macca said:

I've reached a dead-end Wadda ... however,  he might give them out on 'Get On' which airs on a Thursday night on the racing channel. 

I reckon we'll probably end up doing what we did last week ... but I don't ordinarily like betting on the run. 

I hate betting on the run. Dont like TABs maybe the dd PubTab, but not for very long. I think Get On is also on a Saturday morning possibly a repeat in that case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

According to my mate in Sydney he doesn't think it will be a heavy track. He said at worst a soft track and the weather report is not all that bad.

Well that's good news Wadda ... trying to do the form is hard enough as it is!  And we don't want a repeat of last year's conditions.  A few points re Rosehill ...

• Gailo Chop is 1.80 Fav in the Ranvet Stakes ... next is Single Gaze at 7.00.  Harlem is at 11.00
  • The 5 other runners in the Winx race are all good horses and nearly all are in good form ... 200k for 2nd is like winning a 330k race whilst the 3rd place prizemoney (100k) is like winning a 180k race.  So there's a bit to play out - Kementari & Happy Clapper have been running some very slick times of late and will chase hard. 
  • You can still get 5.00 for 'Ace High' in the Guineas ... 'Vin de Dance' has firmed from 9.00 into 6.50 - the horse won the NZ Derby a few weeks ago.  Hmmmmm.
  • You can get 4.80 for 'Sunlight' & 6.00 for 'Written By' in the Slipper ... a bit overs for both?  12.00 is available for Santos.  Nice odds all round. 
  • Supido,  Thronum & Secret Agenda are entered for both the 'William Reid Stakes & The Galaxy. 
Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Macca said:

Well that's good news Wadda ... trying to do the form is hard enough as it is!  And we don't want a repeat of last year's conditions.  A few points re Rosehill ...

• Gailo Chop is 1.80 Fav in the Ranvet Stakes ... next is Single Gaze at 7.00.  Harlem is at 11.00
  • The 5 other runners in the Winx race are all good horses and nearly all are in good form ... 200k for 2nd is like winning a 330k race whilst the 3rd place prizemoney (100k) is like winning a 180k race.  So there's a bit to play out - Kementari & Happy Clapper have been running some very slick times of late and will chase hard. 
  • You can still get 5.00 for 'Ace High' in the Guineas ... 'Vin de Dance' has firmed from 9.00 into 6.50 - the horse won the NZ Derby a few weeks ago.  Hmmmmm.
  • You can get 4.80 for 'Sunlight' & 6.00 for 'Written By' in the Slipper ... a bit overs for both?  12.00 is available for Santos.  Nice odds all round. 
  • Supido,  Thronum & Secret Agenda are entered for both the 'William Reid Stakes & The Galaxy. 

It’s that time of the year where the footy is upon us, everyone is making “Big Calls”  and I’m throwing a wild one out there.

Kementari to beat Winx by a long neck.:o

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

22 hours ago, Macca said:

Nice work Macca, well thought out.

NZ Darby winner could be anything....but its just come from NZ...Ace will be ok.

I will be going Written By and Santos for the quinella.

I like Gailo as an anchor leg in anything......

Might put a few horses into the Dees.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Demon77 said:

It’s that time of the year where the footy is upon us, everyone is making “Big Calls”  and I’m throwing a wild one out there.

Kementari to beat Winx by a long neck.:o

Youve been drinking a lot lately D77....haha...

But hey, Winx wont wanna miss the start in this one, that's for sure.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Youve been drinking a lot lately D77....haha...

But hey, Winx wont wanna miss the start in this one, that's for sure.

Ha Ha, she’s only the best horse in the world and there’s me tipping against her. There’s been some wild predictions on footy by all these geniuses in the media I thought I’d trump them. 

:)

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

Ha Ha, she’s only the best horse in the world and there’s me tipping against her. There’s been some wild predictions on footy by all these geniuses in the media I thought I’d trump them. 

:)

It's not a bad field D77 ... 'Crack Me Up' is another with claims as it knocked off a very good field at it's last start (Care to Think ran 2nd) ... and again,  it ran a good time in doing so. 

I'm going to put my first 3 in order in a trifecta and do the same with a first4 ... Winx,  Kementari,  Happy Clapper then Crack Me Up.  I reckon the form reads that way and each combo in order only costs $1 for the full dividend (if successful)

43 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Nice work Macca, well thought out.

NZ Darby winner could be anything....but its just come from NZ...Ace will be ok.

I will be going Written By and Santos for the quinella.

I like Gailo as an anchor leg in anything......

Might put a few horses into the Dees.

I keep going back to Sunlight & Written By and I can't split them Wadda ... they've drawn barriers right next to each other as well (4 & 5)

I will be including Santos,  Performer,  Estijaab & Seabrook into a trifecta/first4 as well.  There's about 8 or 9 realistic chances but the top 2 that I mentioned have both been ultra-impressive. 

I can see both horses breaking from the rest and then having a duel all the way to the line a la 'Our Waverley Star' & 'Bonecrusher' - wouldn't that be something to see? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hard work trying to find a best bet but here goes ...

'Kings Will Dream' - Mornington Cup Race 7  No.11 ($3.10)

The horse has been in fine form,  has drawn a good barrier and is trained by Darren Weir.  And the extra distance should suit.  $3.50 was available yesterday so the punters are coming for it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Macca said:

The horse has been in fine form,  has drawn a good barrier and is trained by Darren Weir.  And the extra distance should suit.  $3.50 was available yesterday so the punters are coming for it. 

Agree Macca, I have found it extremely tough to find something that jumps out. Currently I’m thinking Alward at $3.40 ( Rosehill R3 No.6), will wait to see how the track plays out as it’s only placed 1 of 6 on soft tracks. 

@Wadda We Sing I’ve sobered up now, I can’t see Winx losing. Kementari should run second. No shame in running second to Winx and picking up close to 200k as Macca stated above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Nice pick......Was Get On on tonight? Did our Guru speak?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demon77 said:

Agree Macca, I have found it extremely tough to find something that jumps out. Currently I’m thinking Alward at $3.40 ( Rosehill R3 No.6), will wait to see how the track plays out as it’s only placed 1 of 6 on soft tracks. 

@Wadda We Sing I’ve sobered up now, I can’t see Winx losing. Kementari should run second. No shame in running second to Winx and picking up close to 200k as Macca stated above.

Glad you stopped drinking D77..... :)

• Like 2