Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, Demons 32 said:

You are kidding me right? He had an average finals this year but Motlop is a gun and wins games off his own foot.

If he is available, he is worth the 1st round pick it will cost.

I think you are well off the mark here. He is up there with Neon Leon in the non-performance when it counts stakes

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

It had nothing to do with the contract extension, I had a talk to him about it

Some of the forward entries in some of the end of season games left a lot to be desired, and he was asked to perform a couple of different roles,

It is laughable to say the least that you are suggesting he conned the FD to get an extended contract

His performance in the Hawthorn match was dreadful and as a result he was dropped, he spent 3 games out of the side and when he returned, he had a 4 goal game and then his form went down again. I don't care if you had a talk to him or not, that may be a significant part of your life, talking to players but it doesn't concern me, or interest me.

His form was poor and apart from you, I'd say everyone that watched him thought the same. I happen to like Jeffy and on fact he is one of my favourite players but that doesn't change the issue, he was terrible.

My post was mainly tongue in cheek, but you seem to feel that you have to take up the defence of every player on the list, if they receive any criticism on here, take note they aren't your personal friends, they talk to you because you ask them questions.

And I didn't at any stage say he conned the FD, they are your words, not mine.

Edited by Dante
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

His performance in the Hawthorn match was dreadful and as a result he was dropped, he spent 3 games out of the side and when he returned, he had a 4 goal game and then his form went down again. I don't care if you had a talk to him or not, that may be a significant part of your life, talking to players but it doesn't concern me, or interest me.

His form was poor and apart from you, I'd say everyone that watched him thought the same. I have to like Jeffy and on fact he is one of my favourite players but that doesn't change the issue, he was terrible.

My post was mainly tongue in cheek, but you seem to feel that you have to take up the defence of every player on the list, if they receive any criticism on here, take note they aren't your personal friends, they talk to you because you ask them questions.

BANG!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

His form was poor and apart from you, I'd say everyone that watched him thought the same. I have to like Jeffy and on fact he is one of my favourite players but that doesn't change the issue, he was terrible.

If it's tongue in cheek, why are you defending what you said,  you posted something, I thought it was incorrect and said why

If you don't want posters questioning your posts, don't post

Talking to players is something I enjoy doing, not a significant part of my life, Jeff was fully aware his form had dropped.

But his role changed, in the last couple of games and the service to the forwards was atrocious, so he wasn't completely to blame for poor numbers

21 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

It had nothing to do with the contract extension, I had a talk to him about it

Some of the forward entries in some of the end of season games left a lot to be desired, and he was asked to perform a couple of different roles,

It is laughable to say the least that you are suggesting he conned the FD to get an extended contract

Read an interview today with Melbourne Storm player Cheyse Blair. He was a talented junior who had been discarded by 3 other clubs. When he met with Craig Bellamy, he admitted that he hadn't made the most of his ability, and made sure he didn't blame anyone else. The Storm took a chance because of his honesty and he's now playing in a Grand Final.

If what Garlett told you is true, I'd be worried about how he'll perform for us in the future. Apportioning blame for your own inadequacies is not the right mindset for any player.

For our sake, I hope you misquoted him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Read an interview today with Melbourne Storm player Cheyse Blair. He was a talented junior who had been discarded by 3 other clubs. When he met with Craig Bellamy, he admitted that he hadn't made the most of his ability, and made sure he didn't blame anyone else. The Storm took a chance because of his honesty and he's now playing in a Grand Final.

If what Garlett told you is true, I'd be worried about how he'll perform for us in the future. Apportioning blame for your own inadequacies is not the right mindset for any player.

For our sake, I hope you misquoted him.

I said the service into the foward line left a lot to be desired, I must starting using quotation marks, he said he was doing a couple of different roles

Jeffs attitude towards training and playing is second to none, but every player can have a dip in form, he wore the demotion on the chin, which should tell you something

43 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Seriously Saty......... I have no words and its already been said. You need to understand what real friendship is and means... 

So you are telling me anonymous posters on an internet board do  

not sure where you are coming from with that comment  

seems a bit bizarre  

I am not friends with players   I chat to them at training and functions    as I have the social skills to come out from behind my keyboard and do that

You seem more intent on trolling than contributing to the thread which was about us looking at Motlop and then Jeff Garlett was brought up, in my opinion, in an erroneous manner

Edited by Satyriconhome

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

If it's tongue in cheek, why are you defending what you said,  you posted something, I thought it was incorrect and said why

If you don't want posters questioning your posts, don't post

Talking to players is something I enjoy doing, not a significant part of my life, Jeff was fully aware his form had dropped.

But his role changed, in the last couple of games and the service to the forwards was atrocious, so he wasn't completely to blame for poor numbers

I wasn't defending what I said, merely pointing out what was behind my comment.

You ingratiate yourself on the players and then post on here as if the talks you have are those of close friends having a chat, this results in you thinking that any comment on a player seems to be an attack on your circle of friends. Let me be clear, I don't care what the contents of your conversations are and I don't particularly want to read your self opinionated ramblings, I think it's rather sad that you feel the need to do this.

Also, I get sick of you trying to dominate every thread and turning it in to an argument.

You just don't get it, do you?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

So you are telling me anonymous posters on an internet board do  

not sure where you are coming from with that comment  

seems a bit bizarre  

I am not friends with players   I chat to them at training and functions    as I have the social skills to come out from behind my keyboard and do that

You seem more intent on trolling than contributing to the thread which was about us looking at Motlop and then Jeff Garlett was brought up, in my opinion in an erroneous manner

a significant number of posters talk to and even have friendships with players, you're seemingly the only one that feels the need to mention it in every second post,

On Jeffy, i feel in the back end of the year his work rate was dropping at times and that's why he was fading in and out of games, for a small forward a huge % of his shots on goal result from him getting goal side and using his speed to run into goal, that dropped off which suggests to me that given the inside 50's didn't, he probably didn't work hard enough and get into dangerous enough positions. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I said the service into the foward line left a lot to be desired, I must starting using quotation marks, he said he was doing a couple of different roles

Jeffs attitude towards training and playing is second to none, but every player can have a dip in form, he wore the demotion on the chin, which should tell you something

The problem is Saty, the comments above came straight after you said "I had a talk to him about it". It implies that that was Garlett's response.

16 minutes ago, Dante said:

I wasn't defending what I said, merely pointing out what was behind my comment.

You ingratiate yourself on the players and then post on here as if the talks you have are those of close friends having a chat, this results in you thinking that any comment on a player seems to be an attack on your circle of friends. Let me be clear, I don't care what the contents of your conversations are and I don't particularly want to read your self opinionated ramblings, I think it's rather sad that you feel the need to do this.

Also, I get sick of you trying to dominate every thread and turning it in to an argument.

You just don't get it, do you?

Then don't read my posts, I think I can live through the devastation of knowing you don't    ingratiate  

me " top game last week Jack, how's the corky?"

Jack "thanks mate, it's  fine should be ok for this weekend, did you see the game live?"

me " yes"

Jack "thanks for coming to training, see ya"

Edited by Satyriconhome

3 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

I hope this isn't true:

#whispers Dees said to be interested in S. Motlop. Cats haven't shopped him as of yet, but it's understood he's gettable #AFLTrades

Gah f.... No desire at all. He just seems not interested in being a professional footballer. 

To add some detail, it would depend on the cost as others have noted he is an absolute match winner when on, just doesn't seem like he can stay focussed.

Edited by Cards13
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeck wartz said:
17 minutes ago, jeck wartz said:

a significant number of posters talk to and even have friendships with players, you're seemingly the only one that feels the need to mention it in every second post,

On Jeffy, i feel in the back end of the year his work rate was dropping at times and that's why he was fading in and out of games, for a small forward a huge % of his shots on goal result from him getting goal side and using his speed to run into goal, that dropped off which suggests to me that given the inside 50's didn't, he probably didn't work hard enough and get into dangerous enough positions. 

I put the conversations for context, I certainly don't need to big note myself, particularly on here, there is too much competition

The fact that Jeff continued to get selected should say something, but then again so did Hogan and he has already sold out of the club

Edited by Satyriconhome

As for Motlop...

Apart from Dangerwood and perhaps Caddy the Cats don't have an abundance of contested ball winners.  

Motlop is outside, but in a team full of contested ball winners (Tyson, Viney, Jones, Oliver, Vince, Brayshaw, Petracca) I reckon Motlop could be the icing that's missing.

In 4 of the last 5 years he's kicked at least 26 goals.  We only had 3 players kick over 26 this year and 2 last year.  Only Hogan kicked more than Motlop in 2016.

I'm not sure why some are quick to dismiss him.  He may just fit better in our side than the current Cats' side.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, ProDee said:

As for Motlop...

Apart from Dangerwood and perhaps Caddy the Cats don't have an abundance of contested ball winners.  

Motlop is outside, but in a team full of contested ball winners (Tyson, Viney, Jones, Oliver, Vince, Brayshaw, Petracca) I reckon Motlop could be the icing that's missing.

In 4 of the last 5 years he's kicked at least 26 goals.  We only had 3 players kick over 26 this year and 2 last year.  Only Hogan kicked more than Motlop in 2016.

I'm not sure why some are quick to dismiss him.  He may just fit better in our side than the current Cats' side.

I don't see him as a great fit for us, but i am sure if he leaves he'll find a new home easily enough, i still think our culture is a big focus and it doesn't sound like he's a great influence in that regard. 

6 minutes ago, ProDee said:

As for Motlop...

I really feel he is worth the risk, the unfortunate reality is we are going to have to start taking trade risks in order to keep moving up. We need that type Jeffy and Kent are super tallented forward/mid rotate types, but they dont quite have the freakish ability to pull off the unbelievable or to take over the game. We would develop a bit of a love hate relationship with him I think but every side has them, you need that. If nothing else he demands opponent attention. Look at Stringer for one, he is as hit and miss as a blindfolded batsman, this week he is just as likely to go goalless as he is to kick 7 and win the Norm Smith. 

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

I think you are well off the mark here. He is up there with Neon Leon in the non-performance when it counts stakes

16 touches and 2 goals in the QF.

2013 he kicked 2 goals in a prelim.

One or two game where he struggled does not make a poor performer, however the opposite, teams put work into him, as it is critical to stop him if you want to win... Because he is actually a really good player.

Motlop: Plenty to like, a few concerns, especially this season. Needs a change?

2016 Season

1 Haw Made mistakes at times. One goal but efficiency well down overall.  3
2 GWS Started well but effort petered out. Fumbled at times and didn’t hit the scoreboard. 3
3 Bris Best game for year netted 10 inside-50s, two goals and five clearances. Handy return to form. 7
4 Ess Two goals and buzzed around. Four inside-50s but failed to lay tackle. 5
5 Port Even performance. One goal and set up a couple of others. Handy without starring. 6
6 GCS Three goals, great ball use and seven inside-50s a highlight of a solid and steady performance. 7
7 WCE Huge effort. Three goals in second term put a gap on Eagles. Ended with four and six inside-50s. 8
8 Adel Huge again with four goals, four inside-50s and creative ball use. 8
9 Coll One goal from three effective disposals in first half and ended with five for game. Horror day. 1
10 Carl Blues attacked him physically and he couldn’t handle it. Only Cat not to lay a tackle.  1
11 GWS Chipped in for two goal assists but was up and down. No goals or inside-50s. 4
12 NM Celebrated 100th game with a freak soccer goal. Not huge stats but work-rate good. 4
13 WB Scrounged two goals in second term and ended with a heap of possessions. Work-rate strong. 7
14 StK Horrible. Invented new ways to perform clangers. Back to VFL? 1
16 Syd Edging closer to a spell in the VFL after failing to fire for fifth straight match. 3
17 Frem Despite healthy stats impact not enormous but work-rate looked much better. 6
18 Adel Impact not huge but fact he had seven tackles suggested work-rate first class. 6
19 WB Three goals and two goal assists but importantly tackle pressure again good. 7
20 Ess Wasted some ball and was one of two Cats not to lay a tackle. One goal. 5
21 Rich Hammered for three quarters then got on the bandwagon late. Kicked 1.4. 4
22 Bris Career-high five goals and set a few up. Close to Cats’ best along with Menegola. 8
23 Melb Two goals but for most part was pretty well held by Jetta. Seven tackles. 5
QF Haw Quiet first half but lifted in second with two goals. Eight effective disposals. 5
PF Syd When it was his time to go he didn’t. Trade talk to commence. 1

2015 Season

1 Haw One of the Cats better performers because was willing to take the game on. 7
2   Suspended.  
3 GCS Returned after club suspension to kick two goals and be a presence around ball. 7
4 NM Five inside-50s and some hard running but didn’t hit the scoreboard. 6
5 Rich Five inside-50s, a goal and some hard running kept him involved. 6
6 Coll Three goals, three inside-50s and some hard running. 7
7 Syd Two first-half goals but faded later. One horrible skill error stood out.  5
8 Carl Tagged out of the game by Armfield. Didn’t hit the scoreboard. 3
9 WCE Has to get better with defensive work, which is non-existent at times. 5
10 Ess Bounced back with a four-goal, four-tackle performance. That is his benchmark. 7
11 Port Well held but got off the chain to kick two goals from limited chances. 5
12 Melb Cats’ best. Two goals, seven inside-50s and five clearances. 8
15 NM Could not get into the game at all. Three kicks not enough. 1
16 WB Returned to form with three goals and seven tackles. Easily among best. 8
17 GWS Best afield performance. Looked dangerous every time he went near it. 8
18 Bris Good form continued with eight inside-50s, a goal and two goal assists. 8
19 Syd Run and creativity again helped side to victory. Five-inside-50s, one goal. 7
20 Haw Not a great night. Didn’t kick a goal and rarely a factor forward of centre. 3
21 StK Among best with 14 CPs, eight inside-50s and seven clearances.  8
22 Coll Three kicks in first half. A cold performance in his hot and cold season. 3
23 Adel On day contract signing was made public didn’t have best game. 4

12 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Motlop: Plenty to like, a few concerns, especially this season. Needs a change?

2016 Season

1 Haw Made mistakes at times. One goal but efficiency well down overall.  3
2 GWS Started well but effort petered out. Fumbled at times and didn’t hit the scoreboard. 3
3 Bris Best game for year netted 10 inside-50s, two goals and five clearances. Handy return to form. 7
4 Ess Two goals and buzzed around. Four inside-50s but failed to lay tackle. 5
5 Port Even performance. One goal and set up a couple of others. Handy without starring. 6
6 GCS Three goals, great ball use and seven inside-50s a highlight of a solid and steady performance. 7
7 WCE Huge effort. Three goals in second term put a gap on Eagles. Ended with four and six inside-50s. 8
8 Adel Huge again with four goals, four inside-50s and creative ball use. 8
9 Coll One goal from three effective disposals in first half and ended with five for game. Horror day. 1
10 Carl Blues attacked him physically and he couldn’t handle it. Only Cat not to lay a tackle.  1
11 GWS Chipped in for two goal assists but was up and down. No goals or inside-50s. 4
12 NM Celebrated 100th game with a freak soccer goal. Not huge stats but work-rate good. 4
13 WB Scrounged two goals in second term and ended with a heap of possessions. Work-rate strong. 7
14 StK Horrible. Invented new ways to perform clangers. Back to VFL? 1
16 Syd Edging closer to a spell in the VFL after failing to fire for fifth straight match. 3
17 Frem Despite healthy stats impact not enormous but work-rate looked much better. 6
18 Adel Impact not huge but fact he had seven tackles suggested work-rate first class. 6
19 WB Three goals and two goal assists but importantly tackle pressure again good. 7
20 Ess Wasted some ball and was one of two Cats not to lay a tackle. One goal. 5
21 Rich Hammered for three quarters then got on the bandwagon late. Kicked 1.4. 4
22 Bris Career-high five goals and set a few up. Close to Cats’ best along with Menegola. 8
23 Melb Two goals but for most part was pretty well held by Jetta. Seven tackles. 5
QF Haw Quiet first half but lifted in second with two goals. Eight effective disposals. 5
PF Syd When it was his time to go he didn’t. Trade talk to commence. 1

2015 Season

1 Haw One of the Cats better performers because was willing to take the game on. 7
2   Suspended.  
3 GCS Returned after club suspension to kick two goals and be a presence around ball. 7
4 NM Five inside-50s and some hard running but didn’t hit the scoreboard. 6
5 Rich Five inside-50s, a goal and some hard running kept him involved. 6
6 Coll Three goals, three inside-50s and some hard running. 7
7 Syd Two first-half goals but faded later. One horrible skill error stood out.  5
8 Carl Tagged out of the game by Armfield. Didn’t hit the scoreboard. 3
9 WCE Has to get better with defensive work, which is non-existent at times. 5
10 Ess Bounced back with a four-goal, four-tackle performance. That is his benchmark. 7
11 Port Well held but got off the chain to kick two goals from limited chances. 5
12 Melb Cats’ best. Two goals, seven inside-50s and five clearances. 8
15 NM Could not get into the game at all. Three kicks not enough. 1
16 WB Returned to form with three goals and seven tackles. Easily among best. 8
17 GWS Best afield performance. Looked dangerous every time he went near it. 8
18 Bris Good form continued with eight inside-50s, a goal and two goal assists. 8
19 Syd Run and creativity again helped side to victory. Five-inside-50s, one goal. 7
20 Haw Not a great night. Didn’t kick a goal and rarely a factor forward of centre. 3
21 StK Among best with 14 CPs, eight inside-50s and seven clearances.  8
22 Coll Three kicks in first half. A cold performance in his hot and cold season. 3
23 Adel On day contract signing was made public didn’t have best game. 4

Interesting analysis. Who does these? It it Inside Football?