Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Michael Hibberd and Michael Hurley

P-man

4 hours ago, binman said:

The AFL need to come out and clarify this point

They won't do that. They want players staying there. If they go, then they go, but the AFL aren't going to advertise the point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red and Blue Flame said:

Wouldn't have thought that is a priority with Garlett, Kennedy, Neal-Bullen, Kennedy-Harris on the list and all under 26 yrs old.

I completely agree re the first two. A back up ruckman is number one IMO given that Spencer is merely a fill-in. I will probably get shut down, but Ivan Maric would be an excellent discard for two-three years to help Gawn chop-out. Or alternatively, we need to find a forward/ruck like Tippett or Rory Lobb (or like Josh Jenkins - but not at his over inflated price). 

Key back is a huge hole on the list - Hurley would be the biggest fish our club has ever landed and would help us drive up the ladder. I have faith that Sam Frost can become a very good KPB: he showed enough on Queens Birthday (despite some brain fade decision making) that he can become better than Tom McDonald. Oscar is still far too raw and green to make a judgement call on, but he's taller than his brother and who knows with a bit of size (he also has better disposal).

biggest fish our club has landed. ha!

• Like 1

I love the fact he is left foot kick and a good one at that. Hibberd, Wagner, H, Melksham, Hunt, Salem, Jetta and Vince would make for a pretty impressive group of small to medium size defenders

Edited by binman

funny how all of a sudden Woosha is being portrayed as a beacon of integrity.

you people on the east coast must have forgotten that this man was the pharmacist behind the 92 and 94 eagle premiership years that had players bulking up like he-man and jumping fences when the testers knocked on the door

• Like 6

Just a point to ponder boys. Watson (alias Mr Independent) was P..d off much more than anyone else in the famous twelve so I wonder where he's going?

This could be a pack of cards.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Just a point to ponder boys. Watson (alias Mr Independent) was P..d off much more than anyone else in the famous twelve so I wonder where he's going?

This could be a pack of cards.

I wonder if Watson will simply hang up the boots?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mattjm said:

funny how all of a sudden Woosha is being portrayed as a beacon of integrity.

you people on the east coast must have forgotten that this man was the pharmacist behind the 92 and 94 eagle premiership years that had players bulking up like he-man and jumping fences when the testers knocked on the door

I've forgotten little. Woosha is  as dodgy as all hell. Perfect fit for them. 

I'm waiting for someone to remind him of his own transgressions....back in his box

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Theo said:

Peter Jackson on SEN with the OX and Francis Leach just confirmed MFC is interested in Michael Hibberd should he wish to change clubs.

Sounded like they were heavily into negotiations with him. PJ doesn't usually give much away but it sounded very positive.

http://www.sen.com.au/audio#q8S6GvD1qYkx6zWY.97

PJ has played this brilliantly from a tactical perspective. He's got exactly the response out of the Bummers that he was looking for.

There's no way he would have spoken about it in public without getting Hibberd's permission. If Hibberd (and others) are wavering at all, it would have been over whether the club has changed now that all the sheit has been cleared out, or whether it's the same old heavy handed bullying dump that forced players against their will to comply with the regime, that then refused to take responsibility and hung the players out to dry, and probably that sacked PJ even earlier. I bet that Goodwin, McCartney & PJ would have had conversations with Hibberd(+) about what the atmosphere was like inside the club, and how good it is at the Dees. "So let's put that to the test - I'll mention it in an interview and we'll see how they react."

Woosha's heavy-handed response shows beyond any doubt whatsoever that the leopard hasn't changed its spots. A mature, player-friendly, non-bullying response would have been along the lines of "We can't stop our players or their managers talking to other clubs, and they are free to do so. But they all know how much we want them to stay with us, and we will try as hard a possible to keep them here." (pretty much how we have handled the Hogan question)

But PJ knows that club well enough to know that they're constitutionally incapable of being player friendly and laying off the bluffing and bullying. PJ laid down the gauntlet and Woosha just failed the test of character - surprise surprise. The waverers are now in no doubt - if you stay, you stay with the same heavy-handedness that you have probably regretted not standing up against back in 2011 or whenever.

As you sow, ...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Choke said:

Again, Heppell said several months ago that he knows what it was and he's fine with it.

Who was that former fringe player who's taking them to court to try to find out what he was actually injected with?

Sounds like Dys could help him out & save him the legal fees. Could even give him the expert info about all the potential side effects too by the sounds of it.

Dyson Pollyanna.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamFarr said:

I wonder if Watson will simply hang up the boots?

Quite likely Adam. He is a disillusioned man both with the club and the game. Also realistically he is toward the end of his career and it would be very difficult coming back and committing yourself to start all over again after such a long absence. If he loses his Downlow Medal that would be it.

• Like 2

I really think all those drug taking players should split up.

Too many of them together and they're likely to fall back into their drug-taking ways.

I applaud any player trying their best to come clean, but we've all heard the stories. One loss and they'll be out the back, over the road, re-offending.

"Hey man, have you got any more of that Mexican [censored]?"

Sad, sad Bummers

Hibberd is a great fit for us, should be coming into his prime. How many times I've watched Birchall and Gibson at Hawthorn and said this is the type we need, Hibberd could be as good for us. Well done Dee's if we get him, we could use a Frawley type aswell, as O Mac will need a few years of game time before he is reliable and ready. 

So many silly comments on this page. 

PJ speaking out with Hibberd's permission ?  Please.  He simply confirmed that he's a player of interest and that we'd spoken with his manager. 

Worsfold is the master mind pharmacist, who was behind the 92 and 94 West Coast premierships ?  FMD.  He was a player and there's no indication those sides did anything untoward, other than being virtual state teams.  

Some must walk around with tin foil on their heads. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

Yeah, but no one at our club is going to be stupid enough to offer him a contract to sign until the time is legal. No point. As long as he agrees to come across. This is the Druggies simply attempting to draw a line in the sand. I hope it backfires and a few more of their blokes go as a result.

I agree, but it was an amazing outburst considering clubs would be talking to managers and players all the time. To me, it was overly defensive, which suggests there is more at play here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Worsfold is the master mind pharmacist, who was behind the 92 and 94 West Coast premierships ?  FMD.  He was a player and there's no indication those sides did anything untoward, other than being virtual state teams.  

methinks the year was incorrect.

the size difference btw eagles 04 and eagles 05 was extraordinary and has been well documented that many believe there was something nefarious afoot over that summer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ProDee said:

PJ speaking out with Hibberd's permission ?  Please.  He simply confirmed that he's a player of interest and that we'd spoken with his manager. 

OK, perhaps I should have said "agreement" not permission". Do you seriously think he would have mentioned it without Hibberd being OK about it? He certainly wouldn't have mentioned it if he thought Hibberd wouldn't have been OK about it. There's this thing called courtesy, you should try it sometime. Usually pays off.

And do you seriously think he wouldn't have had another purpose in mind? That it was just an off-the-cuff answer to a routine question?

Yeah, silly comments. Don't keep adding to them.

Edited by Akum

52 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Wrong decade champ.

Try some foil 

22 minutes ago, Akum said:

OK, perhaps I should have said "agreement" not permission". Do you seriously think he would have mentioned it without Hibberd being OK about it? He certainly wouldn't have mentioned it if he thought Hibberd wouldn't have been OK about it. There's this thing called courtesy, you should try it sometime. Usually pays off.

And do you seriously think he wouldn't have had another purpose in mind? That it was just an off-the-cuff answer to a routine question?

Yeah, silly comments. Don't keep adding to them.

He would have known that Roos had already confirmed the interest in a radio interview. 

But no, I don't think Jackson ran it by Hibberd first.  The suggestion is laughable. 

35 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

methinks the year was incorrect.

the size difference btw eagles 04 and eagles 05 was extraordinary and has been well documented that many believe there was something nefarious afoot over that summer.

I don't care what "many believe" or what peanuts like Akermanis have asserted (against Braun).

There is zero evidence of steroid use and the link to Worsfold being a chemist makes those leading the assertions appear as conspiracy theory nongs.

I do believe their 06 flag is tainted due to illegal drug use, but that's a different issue and not the one being asserted here.  

24 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Wrong decade champ.

Try some foil 

Really ?

Look at post #229 on this page, which is the post I was referencing smart guy. 

Thick. 

Edit: you even "liked" their post (229) that referenced "the wrong decade" in your view.  Haha

Edited by ProDee

1 minute ago, Ricky P said:

Does anyone else think that perhaps pj shouldn't have been so forthright about our interest and that hibberd might resent things being made uncomfortable for him?

PJ doesn't say anything in public that hasn't been carefully considered. Without wanting to be labelled a conspiracy theory nong, I definitely believe PJ had a purpose for saying what he said.